Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thomas Dolby - North America spring tour.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a heads-up.

Dates here.

I saw him three or four years ago and he's really good live. I'll be going again for sure.

Cool, he's going to be here for SXSW.

Comment

I always figured SXSW would be a tough get, tickets-wise. Like trying to get them for the Toronto Film Festival.

He's well worth the $30 or so he's charging.

Comment

It can be, but I know enough people involved in the music business here (and so rarely take advantage of the fact) that I can usually get into something during SXSW if I really want to see it.

Comment

Ridgefield Playhouse is a really small venue. I will be there for sure. Thanks for the HeadsUp!

Comment

Last time I saw him, he was indeed excellent - not least because he seemed really relaxed, too.

A small venue is the way to go. I can't stand large venues or events where a whole load of the people don't seem to be there to actually listen to the acts.

Comment

I saw him for the second time a few weeks ago in Oxford and really enjoyed myself. He included a kind of Cajun section in his set and I was delighted when this culminated in "I Love You Goodbye", my favourite Dolby track. I didn't let my mild disappointment that he forgot the words twice unduly sully my euphoria that I'd finally heard him play it after twenty years.

Comment

Absolutely terrific show. Fantastically tight performances (TMDR and a two-piece band) coupled with warm chatter and genuinely interesting anecdotes about most of the songs.

Who'da known that Dr Magnus Pyke's 'well, as a noted scientist it's a bit surprising that a girl blinded me with science' was a studio outtake of him arguing over the premise of the lyrics.

Inca would be pleasantly riled by the steampunk vibe of things, including a 'punked-out teardrop trailer Time Machine that you could enter and record a message to the future.

If you get the chance, catch the show.

Comment

He's playing the Latitude Festival over here in July. I'll catch him there.

Great to hear he's playing I Love You Goodbye on this tour.

Comment

He did, and set it up with a long anecdote about the visit to NOLA that inspired it.

Comment

Working...
                    X