No announcement yet.

Random songs in supermarkets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, here too. Just now and again someone hijacks the PA and surprises you with something decent.

Somebody at Bunnings DIY warehouse occasionally plays The Smiths. Usually it’s 90s radio rock or current meh.

Comment

The regular supermarket I go to plays the best of the 80s. Always, so I recognize almost all of it.

Comment

Went to buy some cashews at the local mini-mart today and A Horse with no Fuckin' Name came on. I decided I could wait until tomorrow and left.

Time Has Come Today (almost certainly part of my all time Top 20) used to be on rotation at my local Safeway for years. I kept hoping it'd turn into the 11 minute album version but it never did.

Comment

I shazamed this one when shopping in my local supermarket. Great honky tonk sound for the Country fans participating in this thread:

Comment

In Morrison's café at lunchtime I heard 'This is the Day' by The The!

Comment

Echo & the Bunnymen’s The Cutter, in the waiting room at my ophthalmologist’s today.

Excellent to hear, but makes no sense; they had almost zero impact on the Australian chart. Clearly too busy with sodding Skyhooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                Echo & the Bunnymen’s The Cutter, in the waiting room at my ophthalmologist’s today.

Excellent to hear, but makes no sense; they had almost zero impact on the Australian chart. Clearly too busy with sodding Skyhooks.
                Not sure if i'd want to hear "spare us the cutter" in the opthamologists. I'd get an unpleasant Un Chien Andalou eyeworm

Comment

<ugh>

Comment

That reminds me, it's 20 years next month since my first cataract surgery. I must celebrate in some way.

Being far too squeamish at the time, I had it done under general anaesthetic, and was in no hurry to get the other eye done – fortunately the cataract in that one wasn't as bad, and subsequently sat there without really deteriorating for a decade plus. I'd come to terms with the notion of having it done under local by the time I had the second one operated on, during the 2012 Olympics, but it's still quite a thing to watch the scalpel hoving into view, no matter how vague and swimmy your vision is at that moment. Was oddly fascinating and quite OK though, in fact.

Comment

And I wouldn't want to think what was in his bottom drawer.

Comment

Sheena Easton's 9 to 5 / Morning Train in a hospital canteen after having "bloods" done, as we say.

Comment

I'd say that was more 'inappropriate' than 'random'.

Comment

I was sat in the car outside a supermarket last night and the trolley collecting guy had music playing really loudly on a device. It was Kokomo by the Beach Boys.

Comment

I heard “Leader of the Pack” in Trader Joe’s today. Their playlists are eclectic.

Comment

Our in-house station plays quite a narrow rotation of cheaply-bought pop from the past 10 years, which has given me exposure to the likes of (the magnificent) Taylor Swift, Anne Marie and the roughly interchangeable Rita Ora/Dua Lipa.

Every now and again though they slip in an actual classic- this evening it was "My Sweet Lord". Lovely stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X