Good Times Roll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danielmak View Post
    I think this should be clear from a few posts above but the Suicide reference was to the band, not to his passing. He produced Suicide's second album, which I didn't know until seeing this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRXSYQ69zt0
    Indeed. I saw a report that he was unwell heart disease and passed in his sleep. His wife, whom he was separated from, was there as were a few of his kids.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B2e8mMWB...=1steclmhg0ciy

Comment

His wife being the actress featured in the "Drive" video. They got together in the 80s and separated recently.
      Last edited by Auntie Beryl; 17-09-2019, 05:39.

Comment

After 28 years, which, for a rockstar and a supermodel is probably a record that will stand for a century. If Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley are any guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

Lovely tribute
          Cheers HP.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
            After 28 years, which, for a rockstar and a supermodel is probably a record that will stand for a century. If Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley are any guide.
            Indeed. I'm always a bit surprised when people who've been together so long split-up, but then I don't understand relationships or people. But apparently it was amicable. She was taking care of him and there with their kids (who, I assume, are adults now).

This would/will make a great movie (well, it's the kind of thing I'd watch. Critics would say "we don't need any more movies about rich white people," and theyr'e not wrong). Aging former rockstar and his aging former supermodel wife navigate aging and not-being-famous anymore. Nick Hornby could write it. Nicole Kidman and Sean Penn could star in it.

Comment

That actually sounds like a good premise. Instead of flaming out, they just decided to fade away. They jokingly refer to themselves as Still Beens. Not quite has-beens, but very close to it.

Comment

That's the title.
                I'm sure Hornby is already on it.

Comment

Originally posted by danielmak View Post
                  IAlso, Ocasek produced the second Bad Brains record which is crazy.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiQz...9qwpTABIaNXq5N
                  ...and a later one called "God Of Love"

Comment

Heartbeat City was on heavy rotation in my first car in 1984. Great album. I still enjoy "Magic", "Why Can't I Have You", "You Might Think" and the title track.

I loved "Drive" until Live Aid destroyed it for me. The laziness of using that song to illustrate the suffering of famine based on one line taken out of context still annoy me (ditto Geldof's messianic pose at the line "the lesson today is how to die", which was meaningful because, you see, the lesson that day was how to die and presumably how the bullhorns crackle in Ethiopia).

Comment

Working...
                    X