Dance music (house, techno, ambient)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dance music (house, techno, ambient)

Dance music is not among the genres that I regularly listen to, but I do like to check out the various boileroom mixes from time to time. However, one link to dance music that I check out right away is the Art of DJing series that Resident Advisor runs. They just released another one this week:
    https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/3457

And here is a full list (I think) of this series: https://www.residentadvisor.net/sear...e+art+of+djing

If you are into dance music, you probably know this series. If not, check it out. I think you will dig it. If you are interested in club DJ culture more generally, I think you will also dig it.

As for mixes, this Boiler Room set with Black Madonna is really good for house music:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_1NtSWhFFg
    Last edited by danielmak; 24-05-2019, 04:19.

I was going to ask, is there a general dancing music thread. But I found it. And saved it from being a nil.

Now, how do I upload the pics I took earlier?

Comment

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

Comment

I have ever managed it before, but I have no idea how.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
          I have ever managed it before, but I have no idea how.

Are the pics on on your mobile? If so, access OTF via same and go to this thread, click on the camera icon (above), tap in the box which appears in the reply area and then select the relevant photos from your photo gallery.

Comment

Only one at a time?

Comment

(Thanks)

Comment

Right, so I turned out my storage unit yesterday, and am going through stuff at home today. Found a few remnants from my six months at a dance music distributor in the 90s. I don't really want to bin them. But all but three of them mean absolutely nothing to me. Plus I don't have a turntable anyway.

Comment

Comment

Comment

This is fun.

Comment

I'm not sure what's happening.

Comment

I'm sharing pictures of my dancing music records I found.

Comment

Headrillaz are just ahead in the race for most of its time band name but it's a competitive field.

Comment

I've never heard of "Fruit & Reg". That's excellent.

Comment

Sadly I don't have an original bootleg "Tinman - Eighteen Strings", based on an uncleared sample of Smells Like Teen Spirit. Instead I have two copies of the legal version.

Comment

The "paperclip people" has already been bagsied I'm afraid. Sorry to disappoint.

Comment

There's more

Comment

Is that DJ Miko record a dance cover of the 4 Non Blondes horror?

History is unlikely to absolve that one.

Comment

When was 4 Non Blonds? These are early mid 90s records.

Comment

A quick check tells me that 4 Non Blondes hit the charts in 1993.

Comment

Discogs has copies of DJ Miko's What's Up available from £0.01 but the cheapest for that remix is a hefty £0.43. It seems to be quite a desirable item among DJ Miko What's Up collectors.

Comment

Benjm is the driest material in the known universe.

Comment

Working...
                                              X