The Official Eurovision Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official Eurovision Thread 2019

Boycott it. It's being held in an apartheid state.

If you believe in human rights, Madonna, don’t play Tel Aviv

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...y_to_clipboard

Roger Waters has appealed to Madonna not to play Eurovision. She's so clearly being used by the regime to legitimise the occupation and demonisation of the non Jews in both Palestine and Israel.

Comment

US TV channel Logo will not be showing it this year. Considering only 74k watched it last year, I am not surprised.

Comment

I won't be watching, probably would have otherwise had I been in.

As a take it or leave it viewer, respect to anyone who loves and looks forward to the show but decides to pass this year.

Comment

Its not as good as it used to be when you got some genuinely quirky entries. Last year's winner bucked that trend as it was completely bat crap crazy, but generally things have been tame for the past couple of years.

Comment

I'd normally watch but won't this year. It's a fucking disgrace.

Comment

I've been invited to watch by two sets of friends, but am nobly boycotting.

:-(

Comment

So glad for an oasis of moral sanity. I get the impression that some on my timeline are watching Eurovision in defiance of that dangerous murderer Bobby Gillespie.

Comment

Has it ever been explained why in God’s name Australia is in it?

Comment

They are an associate member of the EBU, and as of 2017, any such member can participate if approved by the organisers.

Though of course it comes down to money.

Comment

Thanks.

I don’t mind the idea that it started as an EBU thing, but the idea that anyone who joins the EBU now can get into ESC is kinda insane.

Comment

Well, Morocco participated in 1980, so it isn't as if this is completely new.

Comment

I've become a bit sucked into this on catch-up. The voting system seems to have become a total joke. At the end, they award the public votes – which can be 0 votes, or 100 votes, or over 250 votes... or anything, really. So in the last ten minutes, all the tension that was built up over an hour of slowly accumulating votes is gone. It makes no sense at all.

Comment

Yes, they need to go back to each country announcing in turn. The public votes are still country by country so they can be merged with the panel's votes (if we really need those).

Interesting that last night the panels had Sweden and North Macedonia neck and neck in the lead, but the public largely ignored both.

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
                              Has it ever been explained why in God’s name Australia is in it?
                              And Israel

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

And Israel
                                Ask UEFA...

Comment

So, Madonna flashed the Palestinian flag and a WAKE UP message. Better than nothing, but not better than staying away.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                    Yes, they need to go back to each country announcing in turn. The public votes are still country by country so they can be merged with the panel's votes (if we really need those).

Interesting that last night the panels had Sweden and North Macedonia neck and neck in the lead, but the public largely ignored both.
                                    The best bit about last night's voting was the Belarussian jury votes, which were all assigned to countries in the second column of the standings. Think you have a shit song? Not in Belarus!

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                      Boycott it. It's being held in an apartheid state.
                                      No.

Israel is a terrorist state waging a racist war against it's neighbours, and the illegally occupied adjacent territories.

I'll admit, there's a subtle difference, but state is still run by criminal scum guilty of crimes against humanity by murdering non-combatants and children.

Comment

It's, it's, FFS.

It's "its"

Comment

Ireland finished last with just 16 points, we shouldn't bother entering any more if we don't take it seriously

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                            Ireland finished last with just 16 points, we shouldn't bother entering any more if we don't take it seriously
                                            That was Royaume-Uni, unless they've published the scores from the semis?

Comment

It's well worth finding a video of madonna's performance. Moshe Dayan meets the pearly Queens, with singing by florence foster jenkins

Comment

My apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post

That was Royaume-Uni, unless they've published the scores from the semis?
                                                  They did, Netherlands won our semi final with 261 points to give you an idea how bad we were.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X