• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Believe I Can Cry

R Kelly gets tearful: the Kavanaugh technique:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ions-interview

The behind-the-scenes camera:

https://twitter.com/CBSThisMorning/status/1103271779814957056

Look how calm Gayle King stayed while he is standing in front of her and ranting and waving his arms while not acknowledging her at all. The end of the clip is sickening.

Comment

I don't now much about Gayle King, but she's superb in this clip. "It sounds like you're playing the victim here", is is brave thing to say to a clearly disturbed man who is having a meltdown.

Comment

She's most famous for being Oprah's BFF, but I know she's been on the CBS morning show for a while now and has a TV background.

Comment

"Have you ever had sex with anyone under the age of 17?"

"No. No."
          Well, he married Aaliyah when she was 15 so I don't think it's much of a stretch to call bullshit on that one.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/npr/status/1103418941609836544?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Christ, he is so unconvincing. What's astonishing to me is that he's somehow made it to 2019 still a free man.

Comment

Yeah, colour me equally surprised - when Trapped In The Closet is only the 42,397th worst crime you've ever committed...

Comment

(I'm not sure what 'Trapped in the Closet' is, but given the perpetrator I think I'll keep it that way...)

Comment

It's famous enough to receive the Weird Al parody treatment, but yeah, I don't think you need the original(s).

Comment

And an Adam & Joe parody. And a South Park episode.

Comment

I've never paid much attention to Kelly's music, I'm afraid.

The only tracks I think I'd recognise now are Bump 'n' Grind and the one that inspired this thread's title.

Comment

Nor have I, but Trapped in the Closet was a weird enough thing (especially given that even then most people suspected he was a wrong 'un) that it became a much broader pop culture phenomenon.

Comment

33 chapter hip-hop opera. Even more batshit than it sounds. I'll just leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                              I've never paid much attention to Kelly's music, I'm afraid.

The only tracks I think I'd recognise now are Bump 'n' Grind and the one that inspired this thread's title.
                              Ignition (Remix) is a stone cold classic, unfortunately.

Comment

Trapped In The Closet was really properly strange, to the degree where it seemed to be subverting many of the macho stereotypes you'd associate with R Kelly. However, turns out he may be a sexual predator and that like many of those he's good at generating wild counter narratives around himself.

Comment

Clearly not very good at doing so in interview, however...

Comment

Working...
                                  X