Andrew Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andrew Preview

Has gone aged 89. Fantastic musical CV and the perfect straight guy in the best British comedy sketch.

Well, this is terrible news. RIP Andre, I hope you remembered your baton.

Have this slice of irresistible cool:

Andre Previn & David Finck - Take the A Train

Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 28-02-2019, 20:56.

Comment

Quite [edit: replying to the OP]. Like almost all British people aged over 50 who aren't that well up on the classical music scene, I remember him mainly as Andrew Preview. Just looking at his Wiki page, that's quite a life in terms of marriages. Very Hollywood-ish..

Comment

Immediate earworm of The Beloved's Hello.

AP will be warmly remembered.

Comment

My mum got his autograph (for me) when she spotted him in the Tooting branch of Kentucky Fried Chicken in the early '70s.

I'm not sure which is the more surprising, that Previn occasionally ate at KFC or that my dear, old, shy mum (a) recognised him and (b) approached him for his signature.

Actually, it's easily the latter.
          Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 28-02-2019, 23:58.

Comment

Being able to span jazz and classical so effortlessly deserves a lot of credit.

Comment

Andre getting ripped by his ex wife Dory Previn on Angels and Devils in the Morning from her excellent Mythical Kings and Iguanas album. Superb last verse. Great twist to the story.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EOC7LCXQpGc

Comment

I feel sad that his appearance in a comedy sketch is overshadowing his tremendous career as Woody Allen’s father in law.

Comment

Working...
                X