Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone's opinion on Clean Bandit then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's everyone's opinion on Clean Bandit then?

Stuck the CD on last night (cuz I is old school like that) and Mrs Thistle said "Who's that Spanish girl you like, you know, SHAKIRA! It sounds like Shakira crossed with Ace of Base..."

Anyway. I'm listening to the album on repeat in the sanctity of my car today. Loving it.

But what's the OTF verdict?

(And yes I did like one Shakira song, one of her Spanish ones, so much I asked a restaurant waitress to find out what if was. And Happy Nation is underrated genius.)

Haven't got an opinion.

Comment

What happens in the sanctity of the car stays in the sanctity of the car.

Comment

British Chainsmokers.

Comment

I love Shakira. In all ways

But Clean Bandit are just meh.

Comment

Not for me. But thanks anyway.

Comment

I sampled their recent album on iTunes. It sounds really polished, well-produced and eminently listenable. But just...meh...not much in the way of new ideas.

Comment

They're really not my thing, but as has been said before, I'm sure they don't care (and why should they?) about the opinion of a middle-aged man and particularly not a middle-aged metalhead / progger.

Each to their own, I suppose.

Comment

...at the risk of over-egging things, I'd add that 'Clean Bandit' has to be one of the worst names ever for a band.

Comment

I don't know anything of theirs beyond 'Rather Be' which is okay I suppose. I also have a mild claim to fame related to them, as Grace Chatto is the daughter of a good friend of my Dad's.

Comment

Working...
                    X