Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony C
    replied
    Going to see the wonderful Songhoy Blues in Kendal on Tuesday.

However an even bigger source of excitement for me is getting tickets for the sublime Cinematic Orchestra in Manchester at the end of March. I can't offhand think of any post - millenium music that I have enjoyed more than CO but this will be my first time seeing them live.

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    Looks like Crows are the Brighton support.

Leave a comment:

• caja-dglh
    replied
    Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
    Got tickets for the Interrupters in June and the Cure in July, Fontaines DC and The Murder Capital are both due to play in the spring, they're quickly becoming the hottest property on the Dublin scene, I think Murder Capital are supporting Idles on their UK tour so it's worth your while getting there early Benjim.
    The Murder Capital are one night in London on that Idles tour, IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
    I think Murder Capital are supporting Idles on their UK tour so it's worth your while getting there early Benjim.
    Cheers, elg - will do!

I'm just back from Butlins. Great weekend but quite heavy on the liquid refreshments. Spook School and Benin City were the pick of the new bands. Gary Numan was alright and had a huge number of fans just there for him. Echo and The Bunnymen aren't my faves but The Killing Moon was properly spine tingling.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    Got tickets for the Interrupters in June and the Cure in July, Fontaines DC and The Murder Capital are both due to play in the spring, they're quickly becoming the hottest property on the Dublin scene, I think Murder Capital are supporting Idles on their UK tour so it's worth your while getting there early Benjim.

Leave a comment:

• Furtho
    replied
    Looking a bit ahead, I'm going to see evilC-friendly synthpoppers Arthur & Martha reunited for a one-off show at the Islington on 2nd March.

Leave a comment:

• MsD
    replied
    The Fallen Women hosted a Bowie karaoke yesterday, I meant to go along and might have been tempted to sing at that.

I may go to the Lexington but no singing from me.

Leave a comment:

• IronSeaPower
    replied
    There's a bit of me that really thinks I could go and give something a really good go...maybe Step S'ways or Garden or something.....thankfully it's a small bit.

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    Any plans to take the mic at The Fallen Women, ISP?

Leave a comment:

• IronSeaPower
    replied
    ^ Rockaway Beach looks like fun. That I will miss!

First gigs this year;
    Fallen Women - Lexington
    Pip Blom - St Albans
    Trail of Dead - Oxford
    Art Brut - Oxford
    Kaelan Mikla - Electrowerks

Leave a comment:

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    I start back on Monday at Architects with my son (who has a tattoo of the band logo, fair to say he's looking forward to it). Then later in the month the obligatory Massive Attack (at Glasgow), then Frank Turner in Dumfries and Enter Shikari with my son (who has a tattoo of the band logo, fair to say he's looking forward to it).

Leave a comment:

• scratchmonkey
    replied
    I've got Youth Code/HEALTH, Blanck Mass/Daughters, and Mortiis tickets bought for contemporary stuff and then tickets for Mahler's Seventh and Ninth, as well as Shostakovich's Eighth (and possibly a ballet of his as well) for the older stuff.

Leave a comment:

• MsD
    replied
    Massive Attack in Bristol is my next big one, might see some local gigs before then.
    I’m going to sell my London ticket if anyone is interested.

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    started a topic The Big Gig Thread 2019

The Big Gig Thread 2019

It is almost departure time for a weekend in the wind scoured dystopia that is out of season Bognor Regis. The event is Rockaway Beach, one of the music weekends that Butlins put on to fill their resorts (sounds cheerier than camps) at less busy times. The fare on offer includes Gary Numan, Echo & The Bunnymen, Barry Adamson, Luke Haines & Art Brut. This is unlikely to be consistent with a dry January, which it has been so far but only by default rather than design.

I'm trying not to book too many shows months in advance this year, due to finding an overfilled events diary increasingly stressful, but waiting in the future are Sink Ya Teeth, Ill, Massive Attack, Idles, ACR and Twin Temple. That's across five months so not too oppressive a schedule.
Working...
X