The Gutter Twins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Gutter Twins

Were they covered on the old board? I'm sure they were but I have been hearing 'Idle Hands' on the radio for weeks , loving it then instantly forgetting who it was by (it's a crap band name).

Bored of the Dance will love it.

The Gutter Twins

'Saturnalia' is a great album even if they are a bit unintentionally hilarious, Dulli and Lanegan.

Comment

The Gutter Twins

I've always thought a lot of Lanegan's hilarity was intentional.

Having a brief listen to samples of the album tracks, 'Idle Hands' seems a bit out of keeping with the rest of it. Is that the case?

Comment

The Gutter Twins

The vocalists from two of the best bands of the 90s.

Idle Hands is the obvious stand out on first listen but the best track is the last - Front Street.

Comment

The Gutter Twins

I can't stand The Screaming Trees and I absolutely adore The Afghan Whigs, so perhaps predictably I only like alternate tracks on this album. Although there is one Lanegan-sung track where he's basically channeling Dulli, so that one's OK.

Comment

The Gutter Twins

I always thought that given they are room-mates it would be a bit more interactive between them. I am more like SR in the preferred angle, but I feel I could be won over more in the magic of the screaming trees guy.

Comment

The Gutter Twins

If I had to choose between the two voices, Lanegan would just edge it. If I had to choose between the two bands, much as I love Dusk and Sweet Oblivion, I'd go for the Afghan Whigs especially for Congregation and Gentlemen.

Then there's Uptown Avondale which is how cover versions should be done - Come See About Me is magnificent.

Comment

The Gutter Twins

I come at this from the other side, always adored Screaming Trees (Lanegan's Neil Diamond stylings, especially) but The Afghan Whigs almost completely passed me by with Dulli always seeming a bit of a dick.

SR's right in that the album (from the snatches I've heard) seems to be two alternating sets of songs.

Comment

The Gutter Twins

They don't appear to be playing a London show, I presume this is due to a festival appearance at a later date and should be able to find out but can't.

Bored, did you listen to the song in the end?

Comment

Working...
                  X