The Human Jukebox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Human Jukebox

Andy Dunkley has passed on. Anyone who went to gig with Hawkwind on the bill, or the Pink Fairies, or Man, or Edgar Broughton, will have seen him. He was nice guy too. He was scratching and mixing and mashing up years before the rappers.

RIP.

The Human Jukebox

Ah man. Who's next, Magic Michael?

Q: By any chance can you remember the name of the poet who used to busk outside The Electric Cinema on Saturday nights c:1970?

It was something like "The Permanent Adolescent," but not that.

edit: No it was the "[something] delinquent"

Comment

The Human Jukebox

I'm afraid I don't Amor although I know of whom you speak. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of the Portobello Road/Notting Hill scene would know.

As for who will be next, if Wavy Gravy is still going it will be a miracle.

Comment

The Human Jukebox

I've contacted the only couple I'm still in touch with (that's how I got the "delinquent" part.) The first word was "Idiotic" or something similar...

Wavy Gravy's impregnable, he'll live forever.

Comment

The Human Jukebox

Does the "Educated Delinquent" ring any bells for you? I thought that was it but Google's not giving me any love.

Comment

The Human Jukebox

That may be it Amor. It was a long time ago and I was usually, er, refreshed when I was in that part of London in those days.

There was another DJ who was a regular at those gigs, Jeff Somethingorother.

Comment

Working...
            X