Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prince at Hop farm Kent Sunday July 3rd !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody hell !
    Prince is playing his only UK date at Hop Farm sunday july 3rd !!

It really is bonkers to add him so late in the day as most us are happy enough with friday and saturdays line up.
    We are due back at work Monday morning too !!
    You can have the extra day for £40 per person too with extra acts for sunday to be confirmed

Same day as Pulp in Hyde Park and Foo Fighters in Milton Keynes.

I know a few disappointed people holding tickets to these events. Including myself.

Doubt Prince'll show, mind.

Comment

Same day as Manics at the Roundhouse, as well. It's a perfect storm of Stuff The Rhino Is Into. I think I'm gonna choose Prince, though.

Why do you doubt he'll turn up, Beryl? He doesn't have a track record for absenteeism (not since the Sign O' The Times no-shows of the late 80s).

Comment

Spearmint Rhino wrote:
        Same day as Manics at the Roundhouse, as well. It's a perfect storm of Stuff The Rhino Is Into. I think I'm gonna choose Prince, though.

Why do you doubt he'll turn up, Beryl? He doesn't have a track record for absenteeism (not since the Sign O' The Times no-shows of the late 80s).
        tell that to all the Dubliners that had Croke Park tickets a couple of years ago...

Comment

bovril wrote:
          Spearmint Rhino wrote:

tell that to all the Dubliners that had Croke Park tickets a couple of years ago...
          Oh, didn't he turn up for that? I didn't hear about that, sorry.

Comment

very late cancellation i think. No reason was ever given.
            A lot of pissed-off people.
            I love Prince but he has inconvenienced me quite a few times over the years - especially like you say the SOTT through to Graffiti bridge era. Can't remember how many cancelled/resheduled shows....

I have only just heard about this show on here. Hope he plays.

Comment

Spearmint Rhino wrote:
              He signed a contract to appear on last year's X Factor - Warners had the rereleased Best Of ready, etc etc - and blew that out at very short notice.

Comment

Just chanced across this and had to share...

-

-

Sorry!

Comment

When word reached Prince that the promoter of the Croke Park show was going mental, he infamously said: "Tell that cat to chill."

About 56,000 tickets had been sold for a stadium that holds 81,000, and there were still a few weeks remaining for more to be shifted, plus a small walk-up on the night. Prince never gave any kind of a reason for the decision.

Comment

Working...
                  X