No announcement yet.

The Potential Loss of BBC 6 Music

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a bad sign when they start giving themselves nicknames, just look at Lammo.

Comment

Caught some of Laverne's show this morning in the car and there was definitely a different tone to the music (compared to Keaveny), and to the presentation (in fact, there was very little presentation and more letting the music do the, er, talking). However the 7.30 start is a bit jarring, but that's to do with my commuting routine, I leave around 7.15 and I'm used to having the same show on throughout.

Comment

Abbreviations are OK when they make sense but just doing a "wacky" nickname can fuck off. A blatant dumbing down.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
          Caught some of Laverne's show this morning in the car and there was definitely a different tone to the music (compared to Keaveny), and to the presentation (in fact, there was very little presentation and more letting the music do the, er, talking). However the 7.30 start is a bit jarring, but that's to do with my commuting routine, I leave around 7.15 and I'm used to having the same show on throughout.
          It's basically exactly what she was playing in her show's previous incarnation.

I'd never heard that California Soul record until about five years ago: now it seems to follow me to the bathroom and back.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
            Last Radmac afternoon show ever. Radcliffe appears from 2:09:00:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0001nnm
            Thanks for that, managed to listen to it today and loved it, emphasizing how much I'll miss them on weekday afternoons and consequently won't really bother with R6 any more.

Bored will like the Teatime Themetime, if he's reading the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post

It's basically exactly what she was playing in her show's previous incarnation.

I'd never heard that California Soul record until about five years ago: now it seems to follow me to the bathroom and back.
              Her show has usually been a blind spot to me, being (radio free) office bound, though I did know (from this very thread probably) of her fondness for No Diggity so was waiting for that to pop up.

Comment

After one week of this new system:
                MAH plays some pretty decent tunes and mixes it up quite well..but why in the name of shitting crikey does everything have to be "a journey."..with "textures"...with "explorations"?...listen to that bloody advert for her new shows..how "Thom Yorke came into the studio and played for us and spoke into one of our microphones and sat on that chair over there..." in that plaintiff, let's see what's in the round chuffin' window, voice. The tunes are saving her for now.
                Keaveny is virtually unlistenable and spent most of last week wondering what features they may or may not introduce.
                I don't think I've ever listened to 6 Music at 0700 of a Sunday, ever...so Maconie didn't feel quite right for a while and the show suffered too much from a 'feeling like Sunday morning' vibe. I don'expect tracks from Metal Box or Rema Rema B-sides but maybe something a little more stirring wouldn't go amiss.

But - if they ever touch Riley or Coe, it will be a scweam and scweam and scweam job.

Comment

I enjoyed Maconie's Saturday show perhaps because "chilled out" indie is more my preference than the loud indie in the 1-4pm slot* and I also liked the new feature on samples, but I could see how it doesn't really the fulfill the remit of giving you a full spread of the network's musical menu. I also liked that it wasn't interrupted by news on the half-hour.

I also suspect I'm more likely to stay loyal to a programme that only demands 6 hours of my time a week than 15, which gets repetitive.

MAH is obviously an acquired taste. I think I'm just too old for her schtick, which might work for someone in their mid-20s.

*It's also more suitable as background listening while working rather than something that would be your primary activity
                  Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 13-01-2019, 14:08.

Comment

Working...
                  X