No announcement yet.

Friday Cryptic Crossword Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seminal post-punk album about someone who takes a one-way trip to Palookaville (6)

_ _ _ S _ R

Comment

_ L _ S _ R

Comment

Where one might find closer lies to write (7)

Comment

_ _ L _ P _ _

Comment

It's arguably topical, and it (the word which is the answer) will have featured multiple times on a recently very active OTF thread (still active today)

Comment

A wild guess...

Where bullpen finds Prime Minister (Hanseatic) joining Trump voters at dance (5,6,8)

Comment

Probably should have called it a wild pitch. But yes, you have it

Comment

Cheers AH. As someone who watches the sport very occasionally 'cos it's a bit like cricket it was lurking at the back of my mind

(Er, whoops )

Comment

It's where I keep my messages about a beast of burden following machine learning in Major League Baseball (7)

Comment

Isn't reset to a T next door to the Birmingham Mailbox (3,6,7)

Comment

60s/70s TV presenter states New Street Station's in mid-Sussex (5,7)

Comment

I never knew the Mailbox was next to New Street Station, I thought it was about half a mile away on the other side of the ring road?

Is my knowledge of Brumagen geography that bad?

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                            I never knew the Mailbox was next to New Street Station, I thought it was about half a mile away on the other side of the ring road?

Is my knowledge of Brumagen geography that bad?
                            The western entrance to the station is just across the Queensway ring road. Next time you're in town, we'll have a pint in Cherry Reds

Comment

More of a "Welly" man misself

(as long as it's not that ridiculous "post office" place)

Comment

60s/70s TV presenter states (properly) New Street Station's in mid-Sussex (5,7)

_ U _ _ _ / _ _ R _ _ _ _

Comment

_ U _ _ N / _ _ R _ N _ _

Comment

Where Susan Stranks originally made a great presenter (in 'edutainment') (6)

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                                      More of a "Welly" man misself

(as long as it's not that ridiculous "post office" place)
                                      Agreed. Good choice at the Welly, but Post Office Vaults a bit claustrophobic

Comment

West Indian batsman imprisons former England midfielder, a young man, in magpie based opera (2,5,5)

Comment

Scots recognise Andy Askew attending premieres of La Gazza Ladra (sort of Celtic legend) (5,8)

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post

Agreed. Good choice at the Welly, but Post Office Vaults a bit claustrophobic
                                            And for a "chain pub" I quite like "The Old Contemptibles" too.

Comment

_ _ _ _ Y / _ _ _ G _ _ _ _

Comment

_ _ _ _ Y / _ _ _ G _ _ S _

Comment

Ol' Kenny Dalgleish regularly played for African country (7)

Comment

Dalglish is spelt without the 'e', SA. Does that affect the wordplay of your clue?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X