X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

_ L _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ L L

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
      He's on holiday in Finland. I used regret only once as the synonym for rue. GR is a short form of great. Hunt's nickname is both current and all over the Brit media which is giving him blanket coverage to talk shite. The clue's fair (and was quickly solved)
      In that the Coen Brothers only made one film that was (4,4) it was quickly solved. Why's it initially? It doesn't come first. What indicates that TIT the well known acronym for Jeremy Hunt should be split to contain Both "rue "and "GR"?

If you google "Jeremy Hunt" and "TIT"you are offered an Australian plastic surgeon.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post

In that the Coen Brothers only made one film that was (4,4) it was quickly solved. Why's it initially? It doesn't come first. What indicates that TIT the well known acronym for Jeremy Hunt should be split to contain Both "rue "and "GR"?

If you google "Jeremy Hunt" and "TIT"you are offered an Australian plastic surgeon.
        I only got it from 4,4, and retro worked the "tit" thing.

I got gr, and just went with the "rue"

Comment

_ L E _ / _ _ _ _ _ E L L

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

Defile effeminate ringer brought into True Grit? (4,8)

_ L E _ / _ _ _ _ _ E L L

Comment

Lighten up. I've already parsed the clue twice; you didn't like (or possibly understand); let's move on. But before we do, would you agree that using 'BROS' as part of an anagram for a solution that includes 'BROTHERS' is a bit iffy?

Ps my own search for JH + TiT returns coverage in the Times, West Lancashire Whatever and De Volkskrant. In Haarlem they talk of little else
              Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 04-07-2019, 07:17.

Comment

_ L E _ / _ _ M _ _ E L L

Comment

Glen Campbell's tree direction pointers, I've heard (5,4)

Comment

Lighten up. I've already parsed the clue twice; you didn't like (or possibly understand); let's move on. But before we do, would you agree that using 'BROS' as part of an anagram for a solution that includes 'BROTHERS' is a bit iffy?

Ps my own search for JH + TiT returns coverage in the Times, West Lancashire Whatever and De Volkskrant. In Haarlem they talk of little else
                    If you use Jeremy Hunt to clue the little used abbreviation TIT, you probably need to give the solver more guidance . If you also split that abbreviation you should indicate that in the clue. Where in your cluing is the solver told that TIT surrounds RUE and GR?

I quite liked Coherent Bros (in the sense of male dudes) as an anagram of Coen Brothers. If it's "iffy" it is at least easier to solve rather than your incoherent sloppiness which made the clue more or less unsolvable.
                    Last edited by Nefertiti2; 04-07-2019, 07:47.

Comment

Away and shite you pompous bag of wind. Your clue was even crapper than mine even if you liked it.

Obviously I've irritated you, if unintentionally at first. Did I have a subliminal reference to Brexiteer Chelsea fans dissing Corbyn or similar?

Comment

No- you came up with a poorly formatted clue which was unsolvable because it was riddled with errors.

It happens, unfortunately you seem unable to admit to your mistake.

for the third time

"Where in your cluing is the solver told that TIT surrounds RUE and GR?"

Comment

You're tenacious. I'm almost impressed

If not quite sharp enough to

a) follow the 2 explanations I've already given, and

b) notice that I admitted the clue was crap way back in the distant past of #23,635

This exchange is closed.

Comment

You're tenacious. I'm almost impressed

If not quite sharp enough to

a) follow the 2 explanations I've already given, and

b) notice that I admitted the clue was crap way back in the distant past of #23,635

This exchange is closed.
                            At the Time you said“ . The clue's fair (and was quickly solved)“

the admission that the clue was „ crap“ way in the context of attacking me. After several inquiries.

it would be more helpful if you were less abusive and more honest.

For the fourth time. Where Is the instruction that the solution „TIT is to be placed around the word RUE and the abbreviation GR?

I‘m off.
                            Last edited by Nefertiti2; 04-07-2019, 09:11.

Comment

At the Time you said“ . The clue's fair (and was quickly solved)“

the admission that the clue was „ crap“ way in the context of attacking me. After several inquiries.

it would be more helpful if you were less abusive and more honest.

For the fourth time. Where Is the instruction that the solution „TIT is to be placed around the word RUE and the abbreviation GR?

I‘m off.
                              Please don't go Nef.

Comment

Please don't go Nef.
                                Appreciate that, Guy.

Comment

Any help here, Dunc?

Comment

Afternoon all

. . . C . / . . Y .

Comment

Fine moves by the Beach Boys (4,10)

Comment

ignore - sorry.
                                        Last edited by Stobart; 06-07-2019, 07:52. Reason: miscount

Comment

The hope and expectation preceding "Good Vibrations"? (7,2,2,4)

Comment

And that's started a Beach Boys / surfer dude set of earthworms, ya bastards.

Comment

1 "Wouldn't it be nice, to get on with me neighbors?".

It's duly zany as fuck! (4,6)

(Sorry about the swearing, I blame the Fib Dems)

and for your bonus

2 Undertones classic here (4,8,5)

3 No! My Da? (5,6)

4 Newbury follows 3 (4,7)

Solutions are linked

Bonus solutions

2 WHEN SATURDAY COMES

3 [MANIC] MONDAY

4 RUBY TUESDAY
                                              Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 06-07-2019, 13:11.

Comment

Matt overtires producer of "Lazy Sunday" (5, 8)

Comment

Steve Marriott's sideman- great Russian boxer (5,8)

Comment

Help imbue clowning Peter Frampton and associates. (6,3)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X