Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
    Multihull sport? (5,6)
    <Applause>

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Google "re 'the fomation of the Rugby League' - location"? (6,5)

Comment

Oh.

And <chapeau>

Comment

George Hotel. Huddersfield: the four courses finished off over-80s (6)

Cap duly doffed in return, Sir

Comment

ps on my recent day trip to that Yorkshire no pensioners were actually poisoned. Enjoyed breakfast at Donny Services, lunch at the excellent Harbour Bar (actually an ice-cream parlor) in Scarborough. Haltemprice and Howden are real places where we got stuck behind a slow-moving bus after leaving the M62. There's also a nearby hamlet called Land of Nod

Comment

Elders kind of produce brain gas mucus

(8, 5)

Comment

Sambucus Nigra - lot eaten in Ruse, for example, or Martenitsa? (9,7)

Comment

_ _ _ G _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ M _

Comment

Bulgarian customs regularly get confused and miss the point. They want younger men (7)
                        Last edited by Stobart; 23-06-2019, 21:00.

Comment

Detroit Cougars somewhere during Lent (or anytime) (9)

Comment

Glentoran playing in Kennington (3,4)

Comment

Ensure supplies just beyond the Oval (9)

Comment

Gasometer converted into enormous emporium? (9)

(And "ensures supply", surely?)

Comment

Spaniard in the megastore adores death in the afternoon (8)

Comment

Sorry, 'gasometer' isn't the solution. But you're on the right lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf4EFDGP4yg

Comment

Take public transport to golf? F-off, Farage, it's big in Stockwell! (3,6)
                                      Last edited by Capybara; 24-06-2019, 17:19. Reason: forgot letter count

Comment

Apologies for that last of mine- should have mentioned the tube station in the clue

Comment

Am I anti- gentrification? Plumstead Bus Garage? Just ends up as a possibly irrational bias (7)

(just continuing the SE London theme, if only to suggest not all locals paid £750,000 for their home)
                                          Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 24-06-2019, 17:56.

Comment

Mindset of steel.

(6)

Comment

Isn't the tube station "Oval" rather than "The Oval" though?

Comment

Yes

In other London Underground news, Dear Leaderene Sian Berry is gurning about plans to rename White Hart Lane after Tottenham Hotspur.

Other possibilities- Buster Gonads (alight here for poor Plumstead)

Comment

Stockwell's a place and not just a tube station and it's next to The Oval (unless you count South Lambeth as a place) so the original clue stands up.

And WHL isn't on the underground, but I suspect you knew that.

Comment

Cap- my first flat in London was near the Oval. I don't expect anyone bar South Londoners to have heard of Stockwell

I had a look around the WHL stadium perimeter a few weeks before it opened so should have remembered that. Apols

Comment

Working...
                                                    X