Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not proud army

Comment

We all know DG's music tastes by now. Just follow that path and the answer is obvious

Comment

Introduce 'Proud Mary' to a mate's B-movie (9)

ps Ad Hoc may forget that not all thread regulars are gnarled veterans with detailed knowledge of the 1969 hit parade

Comment

True, but I don't really have that knowledge either, just wikipedia

Comment

. . . . M . . . .

Comment

. T . . M . . . T

Comment

Ants widely distributed "Steamboat Willie" to cinemas (4,6)

Comment

Walt Disney success: snappy 'Prom' I rehashed (4,7)

Comment

In very nice Colombian city, is sudden muscular movement captured by delicate unknown Pakistani carrier covering Orange County and debt acknowledgements in Mary Poppins (34)

Comment

(Ok, I may have lost the sense there , but meh)

Comment

Bravo, Sir

Their Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious may tank Crisp & Glaister 70s BBC drama* (7,8)

* a favorite of my late grandmother as I recall

Comment

Do we have to be an expert on 60s and 70s police procudurals to get this one?

Comment

Not necessarily

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                              Not necessarily
                              How is that 7,8?

(or are you being wilfully gnomic again?)

Comment

I prefer to think of it as encouraging you to think laterally

. H . . . A . / . R . . . . R .

As our literary adviser Prof Adhocz Karpaty will confirm, they have their own wikipedia page and a list of musical hits as long as Broadway and Shaftesbury Avenue combined
                                Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 21-10-2020, 16:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                                  I prefer to think of it as encouraging you to think laterally

. H . . . A . / . R . . . . R .

As our literary adviser Prof Adhocz Karpaty will confirm, they have their own wikipedia page and a list of musical hits as long as Broadway and Shaftesbury Avenue combined
                                  Howard's Way, The Musical?

Comment

The first word, of the answer, having a slightly military nature, ought to be up your street Guy

Comment

No knowledge of the Russian language is needed for the picture clue- transliteration into the Western alphabet is guessable, I think

Comment

Couple of receipts (totally square) composed by the Sherman Brothers (6,6,4,4)

Comment

In Chitty Chitty Bang Bang the Little League backstop stole the show (5,7)

Comment

Terribly leaden, foul Child Catcher brought to book? (6,9)

Comment

Holden Caulfield and Jane Marple's favorite nursery rhyme? "Pay offer to UK Cell, that'll turn out just as well" (1,6,4,2,3)

Ps in the late 1980s, Frankie Caulfield and Albert Holden regularly starred together for Crusaders FC
                                              Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 22-10-2020, 09:49.

Comment

ummm, isn't that, like, the answer (well, near enough)?

Comment

Err, haven't you just posted the solution?

Comment

Apologies for that continuity error. My trusty assistants Prue and Frieda will be undergoing immediate refresher training

Comment

Working...
                                                    X