No announcement yet.

Not-so-current gaming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried Super Metroid. I can survive the levels that are just Samus riding in a lift.

Comment

Did two more Zelda dungeons and got the Master Sword plus beat the wizard to get into the dark world this evening.

Mrs Thistle has overtaken me on Yoshi's Island. I'm stuck in a castle halfway through world 5. I fucking hate the castle levels. I eventually got through the skiing level.

Comment

As part of my voluntary work, on Saturday I will be function testing 24 Amstrad CPCs and 21 ZX Spectrums. How the hell I'm gonna be able to do all that in four hours, fuck knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
          Mrs Thistle bought me one of the SNES Minis on the sly and gave it to me today.

OMG the games are awesome!

OMG what little SNES skills I had have atrophied!!

A lot of Yoshi's have died!
          I got one of them over Christmas myself. Is it just me or is StarFox a bit more difficult than it used to be?

Comment

Mrs Thistle completed Yoshi's Island ages ago and is now going back through the levels to get 100 points on all of them to open up extra levels. Having seen the one extra level she has opened so far, I'm not going to bother. But as I'm very, very slowly progressing through world 6 towards the ultimate showdown with the evil critter who stole baby Luigi and caused Yoshi to embark on his quest, the whole point may be moot. I may never get there.

Comment

Add me to the SNES Mini club - they had one in stock at GAME at RRP, I had a gift card left over from Christmas and a bit on my reward card so it was almost half price!

I'm gonna be watching Hakchi tutorials on YouTube, get me some more games on this thing.

Comment

I managed to successfully complete the hack - over 200 games to choose from now!

Comment

Even with the hacked Mini, I've just spent another 60 on SNES cartridges. I'm fucked, aren't I?

Comment

Replayed Portal 2 recently. Still completely magnificent in just about every way. Everything about it should be taught in game design classes from now until the fiery end of eternity.

Comment

I bought SoulStar for the Mega CD the other day. It also includes a demo disc for... SoulStar. Surely this can't have been deliberate but things were different in 1994.

Comment

Picked up Okami HD for the Switch, as I never did finish it on PS2. It looks stunning.

Comment

Working...
                        X