Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's nothing to play on it yet

Comment

Anybody have a recommendation for a VR headset? Should I be concerned about selling my soul to facebook? What factors do I need to consider (apart from soul-selling)?

Comment

As some head to VR (middle son has it - great fun) I am regressing. Just got a PC for the first time in many years and playing Command and Conquer and Age of Empires.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
          There's nothing to play on it yet
          My backlog is such that Ratchet & Clank and Miles Morales will last me quite a while, I expect, and it motivated me to finally finish The Last Guardian.

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
            Anybody have a recommendation for a VR headset? Should I be concerned about selling my soul to facebook? What factors do I need to consider (apart from soul-selling)?
            Unless you're boycotting Facebook, there's basically no reason not to get a Quest 2 at this point. The value is just so much better than any other headset, wireless PC VR is amazing, it's where most game development is happening, and they're constantly adding new features in software. Maybe if you're big into flight sims and need the highest resolution possible, but otherwise Quest 2 is the clear winner.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Would I be right in thinking the otf online gaming community hivemind isn't exactly enamored (sic) with tripwire at the moment?

Comment

I don't play any of their games, but yeah, it does seem to be generating quite a backlash.

Comment

I persist with Destiny 2. I'm probably going to pay 88 quid (!) for the next expansion which - to be fair, or to justify it to myself - looks to actually try and take the thing in a different direction.

Mildly.

Comment

Far Cry 6 landed today. I foresee some great mindless violence in my future.

Comment

I've been watching the good wife play through, er, 'the good life' which is now available on gamepass.
                        The brainchild of Japanese game developer Swery, the man responsible for the deadly premonition games, it depicts a sleepy English village hiding a secret.
                        The secret turns out to be fantastical, but then it takes its own turns in various ways I won't spoil.
                        It looks like a game from the previous generation, but I've found myself enjoying the bizarre story and game mechanics, I can't think of anything quite like it out there presently.

Comment

Just finished The Artful Escape which is currently on GamePass. Just under 5 hours' worth of fun story, with some good visuals and excellent music. Plus it's an easy 1,000 Gamerscore if that's your bag. Recommended.

Comment

I'll get round to that once I'm done with Far Cry 6. Which.is exactly as you'd expect.

Comment

I'm on Watch Dogs Legion, which won't win any awards but is a detailed enough recreation of central London to doss about in.

Comment

I found it wants you to sneak around being all stealthy and stuff but it's much easier just to go in all guns blazing after switching all the traps on. That or dropping shit on people.

Comment

Yes, it's utterly mindless nonsense whilst being very playable. Sometimes that works.

Comment

If you have GamePass, The Pedestrian is available and is a clever little puzzler. Basically, you have to navigate around platforms, but you can move and connect the various areas to connect doors, ladders and so on to help solve the puzzle. I'm enjoying it and it looks short enough not to exhaust the idea.

Comment

Been playing Halo Infinite campaign.
                                      It's Halo. It's, you know, fine I guess.

Comment

Just got my paws on the highly-rated Disco Elysium. I'd have bought it sooner but only discovered today that it has been out on the Xbox since October 2021.

​​

Comment

Very quick review of the Xbox series X: I wasn't expecting to be quite so impressed by how much nicer everything looks with the higher frame rates and resolutions, but it gave me the same buzz I had when moving from composite cables to HDMI for the first time, it was a real WOW moment.
                                          Oh and the loading times are amazing, I can't even roll a cig in the time it takes to fire up games.

Comment

9 days until Horizon Forbidden West...

Comment

Holy shit. Forbidden West on the PS5 is a thing of wonder. The detail. Oh god, the detail.

Comment

Is there no one who will share this joy with me?
                                                I’m about 30% through the game and aside from a couple of slowdowns it’s been perfect.

Comment

You're not alone. I'm currently level 30 and absolutely loving it, though I have knocked many of the difficulty settings down to easy (this game has to have the most customisable gameplay/UI settings of any open world game ever) as I'm not really in it for the challenge and I suck at aiming with a controller. It's very much an open world game in the Ubisoft mould, but it's probably the best one of those I've played, and for once the side quests are mostly really well done with a surprising amount of variety - not quite Witcher 3 standard but not too far off either. It's also very pretty, albeit more in a "we've thrown lots of tech and production values at it" way than an art direction one.

Comment

Thank goodness. I've got quite a few sides to do and of course any number of errands etc. But I'm on the last main mission, which makes me sad.
                                                    Everything in the game is an improvement over the first one from the more flexible conflict, to better scripting and pacing all the way through, to the expressions of characters' faces when they're talking.
                                                    And unlike Ubisoft (or Witcher 3) there aren't only 5 face models who turn up repeatedly. Although I know that's as much to do with the power of the PS5 and the age of Witcher 3.

I got up on Saturday intending to play for a couple of hours. I put the controller down at about 8pm. I haven't done a session like that for a long time and it felt like nothing.
                                                    It's not as long as Witcher 3 with the DLCs - that took me 8 months to complete, but I suspect it'll be a few weeks before I exhaust all the content.
                                                    Hopefully by then the new game plus mode will be released.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X