Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The data update is easy - link here:
    https://www.champman0102.net/viewtopic.php?p=4906#p4906

What's harder, and something I've not done, is to have it change the start date and all the competition names. In other words, if you just copy and paste in the data, then Accrington will be in League One and Phil Foden will be a star player for Man City etc etc - but it will be set in 2001, so League One will actually be called Second Division.

Comment

Getting on for five hours since I started trying, I still haven't succeeded. So it's not that easy.

The problem seems to be that to install the update, you have to install a patch first, and my computer seems to have major issues with this.

Comment

In a stunning turn of events, a mate of mine back in the arse-end of Cumbria has received his pre-order Series X this morning, despite ordering his later than I ordered mine.

London really is going to the dogs.

Comment

I got the Paradox classical world game over the weekend because I will not learn and it was under a tenner.

I have exactly the same issues as with CKII plus some more.

Primarily, it doesn't tell me anything about the ancient world, why is Rome being so aggressive? (why is everyone being so aggressive?) It doesn't think about the causes for war or peace, just expects you to go at it. It does seem to capture the oligarchic corruption ok, even if it's just a matter of making sure that the right families have enough jobs. The whole political system is boiled down to the senate and I really don't see where the different factions come in to play. Which leads me to my main issue, who am I supposed to be? With CKII I'm the head of a dynasty and then when I die I'm the heir. But in this I seem to be the consul, but that means the character I'm playing changes every year but that doesn't affect how I'm playing the game. Unless it's meant to be a clever way of showing how little power the figurehead has beyond fulfilling the desires of the state but I think the game doesn't really care.

Waging war is a ball ache, you just run your troops around, desperately chasing the opposition to bring them to battle.

I'm ignoring the economics, it's computer game economics again. No thought put into it at all.

It's the same game as all the others but with 2300 year old names and a map of Europe.

Comment

My Series X arrived earlier so I have an evening of set-up ahead of me (which, luckily, I actually enjoy).

Comment

Mine arrived in November.

Comment

Played through Genesis Noir over the last couple of days.
                It's sort of a game/50s noir mystery/science lesson.
                It's beautifully done though, with an excellent soundtrack and the visuals are stunning.
                Free on Xbox game pass n'all.

Comment

I've been enjoying Forza Horizon 4 in glorious 4K. Such good fun.

Comment

Do you have a wheel?

Comment

Nope, I've never taken racing games even remotely seriously which is why I'm enjoying it so much, I think.

Comment

I've never really been into driving games because I'm so terrible at them with a controller. I liked Forza 4 for about an hour but after that I'm just driving into things and wiping out. Can't get the hand of braking with my hands.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                          Played through Genesis Noir over the last couple of days.
                          It's sort of a game/50s noir mystery/science lesson.
                          It's beautifully done though, with an excellent soundtrack and the visuals are stunning.
                          Free on Xbox game pass n'all.
                          Played this to 100% completion (not difficult) over five hours at the weekend. I think I enjoyed it, but it's definitely more of a rumination on space / time than an actual game.

Great music though.

Comment

Based on a recommendation from someone on here (delicatemoth?) about eighteen months ago I finally got round to playing Disco Elysium. Blimey it's strange, but in a good way.

Comment

Finally gave up on Fallout 76 after completing all of the content and realising it had nothing much left to offer.

Currently dipping in and out of a free MMO squad-based World War II shooter called Enlisted. Quite fun, and happy to reward players for camping, sniping, sitting back and calling in artillery, i.e. the sort of things a middle-aged dad with lousy gaming reflexes is actually better at.

Comment

I'm very late to this but Disco Elysium is a lot of fun. I'm just not sure if I want to restart with different stats.

Edit: Oh, about as late as Pebble.

Comment

I want to play that but have to wait for the Xbox port.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                    I'm just not sure if I want to restart with different stats.
                                    Well worth doing: I've played it all the way through 2-3 times (amongst other failed attempts) and had a very, very different experience each time - aside from different dialogue options and differente skill checks and whatnots, there's whole huge chunks of side story that didn't reveal themselves at all until approached with a character that can unlock them.

Cracking game!

Comment

So here we are, half way through the year and still no sign of any of the promised games that are to make the next gen consoles worth having.
                                      Half a Spiderman game and a couple of rebooted platformers is pretty thin gruel.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                                        It took me 3 goes to get into the Witcher 3, but once I did I played it for about 8 months
                                        I've just started playing this, and I really like half of it and half of it annoys me. Stuff like villagers refusing to talk to Geralt but raising no objections to his relentless onslaught on their shrubberies never gets old, though.

Comment

If you have Game Pass, be sure to check out The Ascent, a twin stick shooter/light ARPG which just released. It's incredibly gorgeous, and the aesthetic is so Blade Runner it hurts. Gameplay doesn't quite live up to the graphics/art design, and it's got some bugs, but it's decent enough to make it fun just to explore the world.
                                          Last edited by Ginger Yellow; 30-07-2021, 16:32.

Comment

Current Game Pass

Art of Rally - If you played Lonely Mountains: Downhill then you will know the aesthetic. A bit fiddly to learn the controls but it feels like one of those where perseverance is rewarded. Also: Play Lonely Mountains: Downhill

Omno - Absolutely gorgeous 3D platformer. Very chilling.

Flight Simulator: It isn't a game, but possibly the most amazing technical achievement. And once you get the hang of flying, tremendously relaxing.

Comment

Anyone played this? https://www.wired.com/story/liyla-sh...estine-israel/

Comment

Managed to bag a PS5 "pre-order" today. Hopefully will have it in my hands by the end of the month. Anyone want to buy a PS4?

Comment

Hades is on Game Pass and is well worth your time.

Comment

PS5 is arriving tomorrow. Looking forward to these blazing fast loading times. Might even persuade me to try to get past the first hour of Bloodborne.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X