No announcement yet.

Current gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received an email that said Untitled Goose Game is now available on Steam. That's my weekend sorted, then.

Comment

Just found an Android app (there's also an iOS version) that does head tracking for flight sims. Works seamlessly in MS Flight Simulator 2020 and is doing a great job as a stopgap until my HP Reverb G2 headset shows up some time in November/December (assuming VR support is patched in by then). Kind of remarkable how simple and effective it is compared to the faff involved in doing headtracking in Elite Dangerous before I got my Rift.

Comment

Destiny 2: Beyond Light drops on Tuesday and, as I am still hopelessly involved with the bloody thing, I have pre-ordered.

Kill me now.

Comment

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla also available from tomorrow. As I'm not allowed to the pub for my birthday I've decided to treat myself to a new release for once, rather than waiting two years for it to be cheap like I normally do. Except that now I have to wait two weeks for it to be an actual present for myself on the day. Which is going to be torture.

Comment

Just built myself a new gaming PC after about five years and the upgrade is insane. My Timespy benchmark score nearly tripled, and I'm getting over 100fps in Control on max settings, including ray tracing. Currently installing MSFS to see how that performs. It was almost unplayable on my old desktop, and only so-so on my newer laptop.

Comment

So got the Series X and treated myself to Watchdogs Legion.
              Big mistake...
              26 pages of the same thing. Randomly losing hours of progress because they went for a silly cloud save not a local save copied to the cloud.

Comment

I'm umming and aahing about a Series X. I mean, I want one, but this entire storage business is putting me right off. Currently I've got a 4TB external with LOTS of games on it, which will be unusable with the Series X. A 1TB expansion costs ?220.

Comment

I think you can use the same drive, it just won't be as fast.
                  I certainly recognised my USB drive when I copied some games across
                  Last edited by hobbes; 17-11-2020, 17:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                    I'm umming and aahing about a Series X. I mean, I want one, but this entire storage business is putting me right off. Currently I've got a 4TB external with LOTS of games on it, which will be unusable with the Series X. A 1TB expansion costs ?220.
                    Much like the equipment to put up a mirror, you don't *need* it.

Comment

Well, no. I don't need any of the games consoles I have. That said, TLMG is offering to buy me one as a birthday / Christmas present so I have the decision to make.

Comment

I am trying to work out which xbox one second hand deals are best value for the kids. Prices dropped like a rock this past month. Any recommendations? The last console I had was a PS2 so I am next to clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                          Well, no. I don't need any of the games consoles I have. That said, TLMG is offering to buy me one as a birthday / Christmas present so I have the decision to make.
                          Say yes. Decision sorted

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                            Assassin's Creed: Valhalla also available from tomorrow. As I'm not allowed to the pub for my birthday I've decided to treat myself to a new release for once, rather than waiting two years for it to be cheap like I normally do. Except that now I have to wait two weeks for it to be an actual present for myself on the day. Which is going to be torture.
                            Rather than waiting 15 days till my birthday, it should come as no surprise to anyone who knows me that I lasted 16 minutes after release to buy it.

REVIEW: If you like Assassin's Creed games, you'll like this. If you don't, you won't.

Comment

I think you can use the same drive, it just won't be as fast.
                              I certainly recognised my USB drive when I copied some games across
                              For old games, yes. You can't play Xbox Series X games from a non-proprietary drive.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                                  I am trying to work out which xbox one second hand deals are best value for the kids. Prices dropped like a rock this past month. Any recommendations? The last console I had was a PS2 so I am next to clueless.
                                  If you're going second hand (and I assume you're not able/desirous of getting latest gen), go for an Xbox One X if you can. The S and base Xbone were really starting to struggle at the end of this generation. Also the XboneX has more future proofing in terms of UHD Blu-Ray, 4K HDR output etc, VRR etc.

Comment

In case people haven't played it yet and are interested: I just received an email saying that Untitled Goose Game is on sale on Steam. So, it's cheaper than it was before; make of that what you want.

Comment

Thanks Wouter D. I did have it on my Steam wishlist, but as I don't regularly check the email account that's linked to, I could easily have missed the sale, so your PSA is very appreciated!

Comment

So having shelved Watch Dogs because even if I really love a game, playing the same levels 3 or 4 times in a row isn't much fun, I've moved onto Miles Morales.
                                        Like the original, it's a work of art. It's pure joy, webbing around NYC, the fight mechanics are like batman only better and it's varied enough in skills and tech from Spiderman to make it a different challenge. Will certainly keep me going until Cyberpunk comes out or Ubishite fix their stupid gimped save system.

Comment

Working...
                                        X