No announcement yet.

Current gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That happened to me too. Possibly earlier than to you, mind.
    Really narks me off when games don’t have difficulty settings. They’re effectively shutting some customers out of potentially huge swathes of the game.

Comment

Just picked up The Division 2 because I’m bored.
      46Gb load from the disk and as it’s an external usb drive that’s a good 45-50 minutes.
      hit start and “This game requires a 60Gb update, please wait.”
      another hour (even with a 200mbps connection.)

So two hours to load a game because the patch is bigger than the original game by 50%. I can’t wait for next gen consoles. At least they’ll have SSD drives.

Comment

Fucked Control off for a while (always wise to abandon a game and try to come back to it later) and downloaded Uncharted 4 from the PS store.

Having played the first three I knew what to expect, but even by its own standards it is VERY samey. I'll finish it though, because £15.99.

Comment

Iirc I enjoyed the DLC follow up more, did that come with the bundle?

Comment

I'm not sure actually, will have to check.

Comment

The intended DLC wasn't released as DLC. It was released as a separate game for half the price. The Lost Legacy it was called.
              I enjoyed both but then I'd never played Uncharted 1-3.

Where did you get to on Control? I got to the point where I couldn't release the big ball thing or do any more of the side missions either to level up. Just hit a brick wall.
              Last edited by hobbes; 15-03-2020, 19:31.

Comment

I've been playing Ori and the Will of the Wisps on Gamepass, and it's quite possibly the most beautiful looking game I've ever played. It's pretty damn fun too, though I had to restart it on easy after I died at the first boss about 20 times. I'm not in these games for the combat, but for the platforming and exploration, which isn't affected by the difficulty.

Comment

Well, it's self-isolation, so we're hunkering down with some games on rotation over the next few months - the aforementioned Assassins Creed Odyssey, Kentucky Route Zero, Life is Strange 2, and we've just started to re-play The Last of Us (seemed topical...). Didn't quite finish Untitled Goose Game, so might go back to that too. Should take us through to The Last of Us 2 at the beginning of June. So, it's all good really.

Comment

Couldn't get into Last of Us. Too much sneaking about for my tastes.

Comment

Dug out my old gameboy. I'm considering diving back into Pokemon blue, from scratch. In times like these, you have to give yourself a project.

Comment

We bought Animal Crossing to play together as a family at weekends during our incarceration. The children are going to be properly addicted by the end of this.

Comment

Might dig out Everybody's Gone To The Rapture again. Or Vampyr.

Comment

Half Life: Alyx is out

Comment

Got Outer Worlds coming Saturday. For some reason I thought it was a turn based strategy game instead of an open worlder. Having been put right, it's lined up after Division 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Freestyling buck wilding Stijn Stijnen View Post

Oh, and it's always worth mentioning that Championship Manager 01/02, one of the greatest football management games ever created remains absolutely free to download, and it regularly receives update patches with current players and league standings via a dedicated bunch of fans. You can go with the older versions but it's amazing how much effort the fan base put in to updating it.

https://www.champman0102.co.uk/
                                It's taken me eight months, but I've finally got this up and running

Comment

Spent a vastly entertaining couple of hours completing Untitled Goose Game. An absolute joy from start to finish.

Comment

Nier: automata just told me a story in a way i've never experienced in any other manner apart from a high-grade piece of literature.
                                    From what I have gathered, the entire game is a metaphor for human history, and my word it tells its story quietly and clearly.
                                    It's made me realise that games are closer to books in how they make you feel as though you're in the shoes of the protagonist, more so than films or television.
                                    i think an awful lot of people who 'don't do games' yet love a good book are missing out on a medium that will provide them the same feeling.
                                    I've also been playing the ridiculously named E-football pes 2020, and its the first version of pes since 2009 that i've found enjoyable. The sheer range of shots you can pull off is lush, the game also has the granular stats that made the PS2 era PES such a joy, and the master league is as good as it's ever been, including the made up players that you become attached to.
                                    Nier though, it's less a game, more an event that will stay with you.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post

It's taken me eight months, but I've finally got this up and running
                                      Oh, good news!
                                      Have you made much headway?

Comment

Bought Worms Armageddon on Steam this evening. Still the best local multiplayer game ever.

Comment

Outer Worlds. It's all a bit twee and obvious like a not as good Mass Effect Andromeda crossed with that silly game with diving suits. It's diverting enough though in between Division 2 raids.

Nier: automata just told me a story in a way i've never experienced in any other manner apart from a high-grade piece of literature.
                                          I've tried a couple of times to get into that, but I don't seem to be able to scratch the surface. All I've seen so far is a game that utilises 3 or 4 different game styles I'm not keen on in a basic shoot em up. I'm certain I'm missing something, but I just don't have the patience and it doesn't have a hook enough to keep me at it.

Comment

Any classic Civilization games, preferably II??

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                                              Outer Worlds. It's all a bit twee and obvious like a not as good Mass Effect Andromeda crossed with that silly game with diving suits. It's diverting enough though in between Division 2 raids.

I've tried a couple of times to get into that, but I don't seem to be able to scratch the surface. All I've seen so far is a game that utilises 3 or 4 different game styles I'm not keen on in a basic shoot em up. I'm certain I'm missing something, but I just don't have the patience and it doesn't have a hook enough to keep me at it.
                                              Aye, the outer worlds didn't reinvent the wheel, it was just nice to see obsidian put something out there that was well put together.
                                              Nier drew me in from the outset, and the more I played the more I realised that the whole game is a love/hate letter to computer games and the human race in general.
                                              Then I completed it, then it continues, then you realise there's so much more going on, and it just keeps going deeper until my mind was questioning the very fabric of the universe.

Comment

Yakuza Kiwami dropped on Xbox gamepass yesterday.
                                                Played Yakuza 0, it's a game that goes from sublime to ridiculous and back again seemlessly. it can be hilarious, it can be incredibly tense, one minute you're watching conversations with yakuza bosses that remind me of the very best gangster films offered by yer Scorsese's (yes I know that's a bold claim), the next you're trying to shut down a ring that's selling schoolgirls underwear, then singing karaoke, then helping a Michael Jackson knockoff moonwalk through Tokyo, then appointing a fucking chicken as a manager of one of your legit businesses, and why am I writing this when I could be playing it?
                                                laters!

Comment

I just don't find the combat very interesting in Yakuza, which means I have to suffer through a ton of it to experience the insane story/quests.

Comment

I’ve been soloing Sea of Thieves and enjoying it. Can be frustrating if a bigger crew decides to torment you or you’re facing an army of skeletons, but the graphics at sea are beautiful and I’ve spent a happy couple of hours just pottering about.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X