Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current gaming

Dishonored 2, incompetently.
    Last edited by Crusoe; 19-06-2017, 12:29.

More specifically:

I wanted to try a stealthy playthrough of the Addermire Institute mission. Spent runes on Dark Vision and Domino to help. As I was slowly descending a staircase I spotted two guards talking, facing in different directions. No way to sneak past so I used Domino on both and a sleep dart on one. Worked a charm, until they both toppled over the railing asleep.

Later on I found a guard asleep, but when he started I shot him. Then found his letter to his kids, and had to reload the entire mission so I didn't kill him. Unfortunately I did it so badly I killed everyone else in the building while trying to avoid him.

Comment

I recently completed Titanfall 2. Highly recommended.

Comment

Recently finished Zelda BOTW, best thing I've ever played (at the moment, changes all the time). The freedom to just explore and have fun in such a tightly designed world beats any other game of a similar ilk for me.

Also loved Horizon Zero Dawn, a great modern open world adventure although not as good as Zelda, the cut scenes are so wooden and combat can feel a bit drawn out at times.

Puyo Puyo tetris on the Switch is also ace, but probably only if you like the 2 games used as source material.

Titanfall 2 is waiting for me next, looking forward to giving it a go as heard many good things about it, shame it came out between Battlefront and COD so no one seemed to care at the time.

Comment

It's very good, and surprisingly touching in places. BT is a great character.

Comment

Been playing Brogue, a pretty good roguelike, after getting a little burned out on Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup and its recent tournament.

Also picked up Passpartout, a game where you do daubs in Microsoft Paint and attempt to sell them (in the game, I mean).

Comment

I'm missing HZD badly.
              I've tried moving on to Mass Effect Andromeda which is too much like being an IT project manager and Last of Us which I was assured was one of the best games ever, when in fact it's a boring load of shite. I'll give it another go sometime - I've only just got to the point where you meet the girl after all. But I've been a bit spoiled by open world stuff so LoU feels Annoyingly linear.
              Long story short, I might give Rime a go until the HZD dlc hits the shops.

Comment

New PES demo footage is out. Looks almost polished for Konami. Flat mate with the Xbox 1 has moved out but so no more leeching /contributing to some zen cooperative Master League shit. Will be only occasional access visits to Uber Liverpool (proper Ronaldo upfront- it's not cheating on highest difficulty using classic players if it's all about getting the players to flow and do what you want, honest).

How much would an Xbox1 be likely to set me back second hand? Must be getting to the stage where the new games won't be out on a 360 anymore (and anyways, pro evo now promises up to 3 players working cooperatively online, been waiting years for this).

Comment

They will probably take out the classic players now. And make Giovinco shit. Konami is a capricious God, nothing gained without essential functionality lost elsewhere.

Comment

Please let there be a PS3 version, otherwise it's having to live as a breatharian for several months while I save up enough for a newer system.

Comment

There's a free iPhone game of PES, but was US only when I tried downloading it. I dread to think how shit it could be.

Comment

It's on Android as well but both my phone and TV box say "this version is incompatible with your device".

Comment

Same here when I tried it again tonight, thought it was cos my phone is a work phone as well, and maybe blocking certain apps. Imagine the badness of shrunk down PES but. PES is all about perfection and control. I can't even type with my stumpy thumbs on an iPhone5s.

Comment

Just got Witcher 3 goty edition for £14. So it's either a couple of hours diversion or enough to last me until 31st Dec when the HZD dlc is out.

Comment

Just ordered Injustice 2; currently £28.99 on base.com.

Comment

Treated myself to some computer game action, having got my studies out of the way. Ended up playing the Doom that came out last year, having bought it shortly after release and given up within ten minutes on account of it being far too fast and loud for my decrepit sensory apparatus.

Anyway, tried again and it's a lot of fun, but it really is Nu-Metal: The Video Game innit?

Comment

See, I thought about getting that, but every gameplay video I saw (yes, I do check those out before I buy games) just made it look so......samey.

I mean, yeah, Doom is a pretty one-note experience, but even by those standards it just looked like it would bore me to death after a couple of hours.

Comment

See, I don't actually mind that effect because my other go-to option for computer games is to sit in front of Crusader Kings 2 or Football Manager and watch days and days and days of my life wither away in front of me. Something I get sick of in the space of a couple of hours is just the ticket tbh.

Comment

Mrs Thistle is trying to get me interested in playing Lego Dimensions again. Yesterday she asked if I wanted to build the Mr T / A Team van add on pack.

I have zero interest in the game. I liked Lego Star Wars on the PS2 but all the Lego games I've played since have been a disappointment.

Buying a PS4 was probably a mistake. It takes so long to load a game with about 15 menus. I miss SNES cartridges.

It's good for Netflix though.

Comment

Had a mini heart attack earlier when my XBox decided to shut itself down twice in ten minutes. A quick inspection of the power brick revealed very clogged vents, so a quick once over with the hoover sorted it.

Crisis averted.

Comment

Anyway. Dipping back into The Division whilst I await Destiny 2.

Comment

Me and Ms johnr have just finished a couple of hours of What Remains of Edith Finch. It's an interactive story, and bloody gripping, if you're into that 'gradual reveal about a family' stuff. Although the player doesn't do much, the controls are used magnificiently.

Am on my 2nd playthrough of GTAIV, with the PS4 first-person perspective (at times), it's even better the 2nd time.

We finished Rise of the Tomb Raider the other night. Hokum, but a great adventure.

Comment

Played through Edith Finch yesterday myself. Really nicely done, if a tad linear. Not sure I prefer it to Gone Home as a game, but the story is stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                                Mrs Thistle is trying to get me interested in playing Lego Dimensions again. Yesterday she asked if I wanted to build the Mr T / A Team van add on pack.

I have zero interest in the game. I liked Lego Star Wars on the PS2 but all the Lego games I've played since have been a disappointment.

Buying a PS4 was probably a mistake. It takes so long to load a game with about 15 menus. I miss SNES cartridges.

It's good for Netflix though.
                                                You may feel like it's throwing good money after bad, but you can speed up PS4 loading times immensely with an SSD.

Comment

Did I say dipping back into The Division? I meant bang into it again. Typical Tom Clancy bombast, but it's good fun and surprisingly tactical.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X