No announcement yet.

X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Xpert Ladies, if I'm going to buy, I always buy at the end of the season because you can pick up some bargains. I bought two 16 skill midfielders, aged 33 and 34, for under 1.3 million econs in total.

I think the academies have also calmed down now or am I just getting bad players?

Comment

In Xpert Ladies news I somehow got promoted as my nearest rivals collapsed in a worse fashion than we did, they even missed out on a play off spot. Seeing as they did the double over us we got very lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
        With both the Human League and OTF silly seasons about to begin, be warned it's very much a buyer's market. In my crazy fire sale at Tamworth Reds I've sold a swathe of 22/10s or similar, and I reckon not one has reached his book value. Some have missed by more than 2m. I think this may be because of the improvement in academy products which was tweaked a while back (am I right in that?). Which makes me even less inclined to fund my academies except the Xpert Ladies, where actually buying a half decent player is always a struggle.
        I think it depends. Actualla, I sold two 17/4s for double their market value, I think it depends also on the SQs, both of them were midfielders with intelligent, one have long passing, the other had goalinstinct.
        I tihink the price has fallen in general four young palyers without important SQs, you can buy 17/5, sometime 16/4 for good prices. Fo0r middleaged players and also older players I pay sometimes more than the estimated price, but that is maybe me, because I want them badly.

And for the Academy, I don't think it is that bad. True, I might got more 17/4s, but the 17/5s and 16/4 are not coming that often to me.

Comment

MortalJoe that’s interesting. This was Roberto11x’s development team and I think most had some decent SQs, he likes those. Maybe I flooded the market in 22/10s and pushed the price down!

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
            Scratch that, I’ll just rebrand Cinghiali. They’ll get there in the end.
            Liking the new name! You may draw fans from my OTF side, luckily the two teams play on different days and the Meadow is (naturally) free to enter, so it won't be a tough financial choice to watch both.

Comment

Originally posted by lambers View Post

Liking the new name! You may draw fans from my OTF side, luckily the two teams play on different days and the Meadow is (naturally) free to enter, so it won't be a tough financial choice to watch both.
              Ha ha sadly the deer connection ends with the name; as everyone surely knows Deerfield Massachusetts was the place where the modern Duroc-Jersey pig was first bred.

And well done once again lambers - now it’s final - on absolutely smashing the Human League to retain the title.

Comment

Obviously something about promotion to OTF and players deciding that the season in the top league will be their final one. Promotion to our debut season in OTF saw Norbert Pelican, Burt St Tropez and Tristan Da Cunha all deciding to hang up their boots, and following our promotion for a second stab at the big time, Belvedere Mintfresh and Judd Leslie-Singleton have decided to bow out at the top. Mind you, the loss of the declining Leslie-Singleton has been offset by the arrival of 16/4 starlet Arthur Manbiscuit, so the purveyor of sticky-back plastic will find his chances in the top flight pretty limited over the forthcoming season.

Comment

I see that Steaua have managed to buy a 17/6 for about 1.5 mil, which is quite a bargain.

Comment

I'd hazard a guess at him being an underevaluated 17/5 that nobody else picked up on, seeing as the going rate for vanilla 17/5 forwards is currently 1.7m. Either that or he's a fragile moody diva hulk, or Andy Carroll to give him his proper name.

Comment

No retirements for Dandy Town this season, which is a pleasant surprise considering the age of some players, and a nice keeper from the youth system to boot.
                      Going in to the new season full of confidence right up to the point where we concedecon injury time winner in our first game against an opponent who didn't even manage a single shot until that point.

Comment

I was going to write up the final day of the OTF season earlier, but on logging in for the first time in a few days saw Kev had @-ed me in the new club badges thread re the freshly redesigned Norwich City crest – and I accidentally wrote an essay on that over there instead.

Bear with me, I'll pluck up the enthusiasm to describe the denouement of the title race and everything else tomorrow instead, hopefully.

It should have been said before here, though, a big guzman to Sits on retaining the trophy. No mean feat indeed mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                          a fragile moody diva hulk, or Andy Carroll to give him his proper name.
                          Genuine laugh out loud at that, thanks Sean.

Comment

Thanks VA.

Comment

The Swine also have no retirements although Season 64/65 MVP, defender Nicolo Madonna is now 36. So a bit of thought needed to manage the average age.

Nine single jumps which is acceptable. Young defender bid for.

Comment

The change reports are coming thick and fast today:

Les Sangliers’ was a bit of a mixed bag with seven singles, one double, one minus but no retirements, even 37yo midfielder Yanamaria Che Guevara.

While in the Xpert Ladies, quite a nice CR to soften Deerfield Durocs’ fall to the bottom tier: eight singles and two doubles.

Comment

Croesoswallt Dragons 0 Retirements 8 singles 1 double 1 drop
                                  Drakaina 2 Retirements 9 singles 2 doubles 2 drops
                                  Suffragette City 0 Retirements (even 37 yo Sojourner Truth) 10 singles 1 doubles 1 drop

Comment

ad hoc , I see that your brother hasn't logged in here or on Xpert eleven for almost two weeks. I hope everything is OK, but could you check with him and let me know if he's not planning on carrying on with Locomotiv Noj before I run the season update.

Comment

Meant to say, if anyone wants to join the Human League be quick: only one vacancy left.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                        I see that Steaua have managed to buy a 17/6 for about 1.5 mil, which is quite a bargain.
                                        Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                        I'd hazard a guess at him being an underevaluated 17/5 that nobody else picked up on
                                        What a stroke of luck eh? You are right, he was listed as a 17/5. When I evaluated him there were only 6 minutes to go till his deadline and nobody was bidding on him. I nearly did not bother because his compatibility was poor, but changed my mind when I saw he was a 17/6! Christmas came early for me I think!

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                          ad hoc , I see that your brother hasn't logged in here or on Xpert eleven for almost two weeks. I hope everything is OK, but could you check with him and let me know if he's not planning on carrying on with Locomotiv Noj before I run the season update.
                                          Just got hold of him. Yeah he's still in, just missed a couple of games.

Comment

Thanks, good to hear.

Comment

David Agnew are you back in? There's a vacancy in the Human League too.

Comment

Unfortunately (if DA had wanted to join of course) we are now fully booked again in the Human League. The quick response to my mass marketing 24 hours ago suggests numbers may no longer be dropping. Probably a bit soon to consider a sixth division though!

Comment

And my rehashing of Roberto11x’s carefully manicured batch of 22yo capitalists is done for the new Establishment season. Errr, have a look at this bank balance - I’ll never have another anything like it. Seasons are very short (five weeks) so I may even try uber training, everyone not with vertical green:

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                    X