No announcement yet.

X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a player's compatibility improve with more game time in a settled team? Genuine question as I've bought a player with a fair rating onto a settled squad, albeit one with many more SQ's and wondered if he would be a more compatible team member or not.

Comment

As long as he is not a diva then in time he will assimilate into the squad and match their compatibility. As he moves from fair towards good his match performance should also improve.

Comment

And the younger they are, the faster they swing to the centre.

Comment

Thanks gents - thats reassuring to know.
          Last edited by nmrfox; 01-10-2020, 10:03. Reason: chaps is so 21st century - gents is much more formal and engaging

Comment

"Kind sirs" would have shown the correct level of etiquette I think you'll find.

Comment

“Good burghers”, surely?

Comment

I'm vegetarian.

Comment

Veggie or not, here's a hopefully nourishing
                  OTF League roundup for 28th September: Season 60 round 3

Division 3
                  Wednesday de la Zouch are new leaders in the basement division, dethroning Littlewoods Legends and ending their 100% start with an emphatic 3-0 win at the Woods. Tree Hill High are back up to 2nd after two late goals completed a matching win at Veni Vici Vigata (6th). OWC Albion came from behind at Nieuwegein Kneebiters to record a 2-1 win that lifts them to 3rd and ends the Biters’ unbeaten start. Littlewoods plunge to 4th -- all the top 4 have 6 points, though Weds and OWC have got there in only two games after sitting out one round apiece so far. The Biters are down to 5th and sit out Thursday’s games.
                  The only other match on Monday saw Pinewood Passers pick up their premier point via a 1-1 home draw with Wharfedale Generals. The pair stay 8th and 7th, with bottom club Brian Munchingflapjack having a day off that may help them as they go looking for their own first point today at Littlewoods.

Division 2

There’s a sense that things are starting to gear up in D2, with the third round of fixtures producing a set of big wins.
                  Great Northern Railway surge to the summit by flattening New Dresden 5-1 in an utterly one-sided encounter at the Clump. Two goals in the last five minutes took them top on goal difference by 1, ahead of Eriskay Expression who had already racked up their own 5-1 at die Ambosse even in the absence of injured frontman Terrance Henderson. The Islanders though suffered another injury blow in stoppage time when they had midfielder Milton Lineker stretchered off. The Anvils meanwhile, who started the day top after a perfect first week, drop like, well, an anvil to 4th.
                  Up to 3rd climb Athletico Deva, who had the only close win of the day in the division despite having the biggest half-time lead. 3-0 up and cruising at Eintract Midwest, the Deviants took their eye off the ball in the closing stages and allowed their hosts to score twice -- not enough to affect the result, but enough to lift Midwest off the foot of the table by one goal at Dresden’s expense. Joining the pair in the relegation places are FC Gloryhammer (8th), struggling for the first time, who were thumped 3-0 at home by previously pointless The Gang Play Football who leapfrog them to 7th. In midtable meanwhile Heffron Hendecagon’s 4-0 blitz of Cods of War easily overturned the GD difference between them, enabling the Hendos to climb a place ahead of the Cods to 5th.

Division 1

AFC Csiki Monkeys are the sole 100% side, a record they extended with an easy 3-0 Monday win at Steaua Bridge, who drop to 8th. Turd Division’s 3-1 home win over Locomotiv Noj keeps them 2nd and shunts previously unbeaten Locomotiv down to 6th. At the Stef Tolsma Arena, Berkshire Swine recovered from a goal down at halftime to beat Hampshire Deers and climb to 3rd, the still winless Deers dropping to 9th.
                  Whoft Fluffopolis looked like being held to their third draw from three when visitors Wensleydale Blues nabbed an 89th-min equaliser at the Ray Illingworth. Whymark Steggles however snatched the victory after all in stoppage time to lift his side to 4th and keep the Blues pointless at the bottom. Saltney Drawers in contrast were able to break their duck with a slightly jammy 1-0 home win over Rejects Redux, scoring with their only shot in a game of few chances to end the Rejects’ unbeaten start to boot. RR are down to 5th, Saltney leap to 7th.

OTF

Sitting pretty at the head of the OTF League, who do we have but Banik Roystonov? Janik’s promoted side defeated last-but-one champions Four Candles 2-0 at Moje Zahrada to clamber to the top of the heap, the visitors’ case not helped by an injury to important midfielder Hugh Rust just before the hour. The ruthless hosts promptly scored their clinching goal to go a point clear of the pack.
                  Hot on their heels in 2nd are 13-time former champs Croesoswallt Dragons, who brutally ended Zeugmaspor’s undefeated start to life back in the top tier with a 3-0 win the Host of Trophies Past. Holders St Pancras Starmers drop two places to 3rd though after being held to a 2-2 draw at Kernow Kensa (7th) after a thrilling finale that saw the defending champions lose their lead in the 78th minute, regain it in the 80th when 23-year-old captain Norachai Parklak scored his 2nd of the game (to match his previous best season’s total), then get pegged back again by Dean Booker’s 91st-min equaliser for Kernow.
                  Joining them on 5 points in 4th are Vita Mortis, who maintained their inexplicable current hoodoo over Dandy Town with a fourth straight league win over the Highwaymen since early June. The Dandies trailed for an hour before dragging themselves levelling midway through the second half, but by nine minutes later Lance Porter and Nigel Paard had scored twice more for the visitors to take the win and knock the home team down to 6th.
                  That just leaves what was a basement battle between winless East Anglian rivals Great Ouse Town and Hideous Towns at the Blue Fen -- one that proved to be anything but evenly contested, however, with GOT romping to a 4-1 victory from 12 chances to 3. Lois “Lee” Trundle set up three of the goals to help give Ouse a five-place boost from the foot of the table to 5th, leaving Hideous to settle onto the bottom in their place.

Comment

In the Xpert Ladies this Tuesday I just concentrated on maxing development in VSU's last game for my key players, while doing enough to ensure we got the points we needed to avoid being dragged back into the relegation zone at the eleventh hour. I completely disregarded the possibility that two of the relegated teams would beat the two teams in 2nd and 3rd -- but all the results fell our way, meaning we vaulted right into the runners-up slot at the last. So, lo and behold, we've got a playoff game today (against Dixie Chicks) that I hadn't banked on in the slightest.

Would be nice to go up after having written off the season long since, and having been more fearful recently of ending up dropping into D5 next time out the prospect of sneaking back into D3 would be quite something. As it is though I expect to field a load more youths and lose quite convincingly! But the extra game is a terrific bonus for DV, at least I hope.

Comment

Good work on both write-ups and Xpert Ladies VA.

Comment

Well, we got tonked 3-0 in the playoff alas, but as it was firmly a developmental side I put out I can't complain! Got a few more DV points for my late-season arrivals, so that will hopefully help them to a skill jump each. Off to check the CR now...

Comment

Holy mackerel, VSU's 17/6 MF academy arrival from the start of the season, Elza Klovning, just double-jumped. That completely took me by surprise as it must mean she arrived as nearly a 17/7(!!!), which I didn't think was even possible. That's floored me.

And her alleged worth as an 18/8 with Intelligence, Hard Shooting and Speed? A whopping 6.3m econs. I'd love to know what she'd be rated at in the men's official leagues.

Comment

I always assumed 6.0 was the maximum skill from the youth academy. What % did she get in the CR? Anything over 25% could add 1.5 to a 6 bar teenager given good AF, so it can still be possible to DJ her even at 6.0.

Comment

The valuations in XPL are for shit, there's every chance she could quadruple that in a bidding war.
                              In the mens official league a 35/14 MF with a square is worth over 1.5m, whilst my similar 35/14 MF Ad?le Pailloux is worth less than 45k

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                Holy mackerel, VSU's 17/6 MF academy arrival from the start of the season, Elza Klovning, just double-jumped. That completely took me by surprise as it must mean she arrived as nearly a 17/7(!!!), which I didn't think was even possible. That's floored me.

And her alleged worth as an 18/8 with Intelligence, Hard Shooting and Speed? A whopping 6.3m econs. I'd love to know what she'd be rated at in the men's official leagues.
                                That reminds me of the 16/5 I got from my academy in the short-lived Tamworth Reds (The Establishment). Jez Halden, that was it. I managed to get him to 17/7 then quit the team. Probably retired now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                  I always assumed 6.0 was the maximum skill from the youth academy. What % did she get in the CR? Anything over 25% could add 1.5 to a 6 bar teenager given good AF, so it can still be possible to DJ her even at 6.0.
                                  Yes, I think I assumed that too. Good point about doing the maths – she only had a 19% increase, it turns out, as I think she 'only' got 16 DV. So I think that 6.0 maximum theory has just gone out the window...!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                    The valuations in XPL are for shit, there's every chance she could quadruple that in a bidding war.
                                    In the mens official league a 35/14 MF with a square is worth over 1.5m, whilst my similar 35/14 MF Ad?le Pailloux is worth less than 45k
                                    Oh, for sure, but I have no intention of selling her. This is a player I really want to see how high a skill level I can get her to.

I do have three youngsters on the market if anyone's interested, mind – MF Engeborg Austrheim (already the subject of a minor bidding war, presumably having had her Hard Training attribute detected by at least a couple of people) and forwards Charlotte and Fia Klovning. Would be nice to see them go to good homes with other OTFers!

Comment

I am looking to replace a couple of players in my new Xpert Ladies team. I had forgotten there is a 5 day wait before you can buy anybody though.

Comment

Comment

Comment

It didn't say that the flowing locks were on his head. It's clearly chest shampoo

Comment

Until I saw the player’s fizzog I was envisaging a Todd Cantwell lookalike. ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                                It didn't say that the flowing locks were on his head.
                                                I wondered where that train of thought was going for a minute there AH.

Comment

On Sundays and in hair adverts, he prefers to go by Krissie.

Oh and I see VA has already mostly answered by question in the report below on his 18/8 player.

Comment

Xpert XI official Ladies League Season 59, Matchday 14 and play-off report.

Code:
                                                    Xpert Ladies

Drakaina                   1 - 1   Roy Rovers
                                                    Heggarty 72'                       Hult?n 29'
                                                                                       Hult?n (sent off) 34'

Division 2b

Van Helsings GLS           2 - 1   Mauchline Belles
                                                    Cois 64'                           Fogueira 18'
                                                    Bramstedt 78'

Division 3e

Green Street Hooligans     2 - 3   Coxy Ladies Wulpen
                                                    Nobre 42'                          Wostijn 7', 45'
                                                    Garrett 94'                        Gerniers 32'
                                                                                       Wostijn (sent off) 79'

Division 4h

Michael Michael Micky doo  0 - 3   Viking South Utsira
                                                                                       E.Klovning 15'
                                                                                       N.Austrheim 26'
                                                                                       T.Klovning 64'

Division 4j

Red Dead Heads             3 - 2   Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC
                                                    Valþ?rsdottir 29', 59'             Sumanti 38'
                                                    Fridolfsson 78'                    Dalmiya 86'

Division 4k

Bombay Green Rockets       1 - 2   Mirandela Snakes
                                                    P?hlmann 56'                       Munoz 14', 92'

Division 4p

Noble                      0 - 0   Csiki Girls

Division 5:16

Invincible Shaolin         3 - 0   Rising Stars
                                                    D?Astofolo 32'
                                                    Silverspjut 49'
                                                    Wikeg?rd 69'

Division 5:17

LNWR Locomotive            1 - 1   Malvern Maidens
                                                    Teigland 30'                       Maynard 42'

Division 5:19

Ullapool Northern Star     1 - 0   1492er
                                                    Mair 83'

Division 5:26

Amazonas FC                1 - 1   Zeugma Dostluk Spor
                                                    P?voa 17'                          Yalcin 65'

Division 5:28

Homers Damer               0 - 2   Menywod Maeshafn
                                                                                       Smythe 32'
                                                                                       Kjellberg 54'
                                                                                       Smythe (sent off) 89'

Division 6:12

Juventus                   2 - 0   Marieberg FC
                                                    Millen 30'
                                                    Kajtazi 52'

Division 6:41

Villa Lionesses            3 - 0   Hazeldean Inchmistress
                                                    Udsen 12'
                                                    K?ntzel 43'
                                                    Fyssas 92'

Division 6:42

Invisible Ladies           3 - 3   Power Girls
                                                    Prestonfield 41'                   Santos 8'
                                                    Shuttlewood 62', 71'               Kay 24', 92'

Division 6:53

Cassiopeia                 0 - 0   Haruhiists

Division 6:56

Dublin City Womens FC      4 - 1   Country Girls
                                                    Timmermans 31'                     Vlagtwedde 72'
                                                    Maaranen 49'
                                                    Messing 62'
                                                    Olander 78'

Division 6:62

ASU Politehnica            2 - 0   kirkburton Juniors
                                                    Furukvist 52'
                                                    Burak 79'
                                                    Drakaina went into their final game of the season against Roy Rovers with a technical chance of retaining their top flight status. Why technical? Well for it to happen, The Dragons would have needed to close a three point and 9 goal difference gap on fifth placed Girls Down Under, i.e. they needed to win well whilst GDU lost heavily. Oh, and also hope that sixth-placed ChromosomXX didn’t win. Oh, and winning well involved beating title chasing Rovers, who needed a win themselves to be certain of being crowned champions.
                                                    All desperately unlikely, but you have to try. Which is exactly what Etienne’s side were doing, somewhat forlornly it appeared as Roy Rovers took the lead on 29 minutes. However five minutes after that the situation changed as the goalscorer, Dora Hult?n, launched a wild, vicious and completely unnecessary ‘tackle’ on Zara Kvalvik that saw Drakaina defender being carried off and Hult?n shown a straight red card.
                                                    Could The Dragons turn things around against 10? Well, sort of. About halfway round, Gael Heggarty levelling on 72 minutes. But there was no winner, for either side. 1-1 was not what either needed as it sent Drakaina down in seventh spot and meant the Rovers could be pipped for the title if JAV Idols won. But on a day in the Xpert Ladies when few sides made the most of their opportunities, the Idols lost and Roy Rovers were champions after all.

Mauchline Belles are used to going into final days of campaigns with their Division 2b status in the balance. Generally though Jdsx’s side are the ones come up like a train rather than dead-in-the-water target to be shot at. But that was what The Belles would be this time unless they won at Van Helsings GLS.
                                                    The first half held the promise that Mauchline would do exactly that as the Scots held notably more of the ball, created more chances and scored the only goal when Filomena Fogueira headed in after 18 minutes. That was the veterans first goal for The Belles after her late season acquisition in an attempt to boost the side toward survival.
                                                    The second half was a different story though as Van Helsings came roaring back into things. They levelled on 64 minutes, which forced The Belles to chase the game as their advantage over sixth-placed November Revolution was just a point and a good chunk of goal difference at the start of play, making a draw no more valuable than a loss. Mauchline paid for their assertiveness, falling 2-1 behind on 78 minutes.
                                                    By now Belles’ fans ears were glued to radios (or more like eyes to phones these days) checking on Revolution’s progress against title chasing ShamLam Doobily Dodgers, who needed a good win to claim the crown. But instead events at this game generated a worried murmur when Revolution went ahead on 52 minutes. That meant for a while after Van Helsing’s equaliser The Belles were in the bottom three of the virtual table. Only to climb out again on 75 minutes, or rather be hauled out by others as the Doobily Dodgers levelled the other relevant match.
                                                    No last minute goals meant that was how it stayed as Mauchline remained a tier 3 side by +5 better goal difference.

Coxy Ladies Wulpen still retained a chance of the Division 3e play-off spot. But realistically it was going to take a win over Green Street Hooligans and good fortune elsewhere if The Waders were going to claim it.
                                                    Of those two the former was already a stretch as Coxy Ladies arrived at the match on the back of an 8-game winless streak. However that was surely going to end against the Hooligans, who arrived bottom, with two points all season and with no manager to boot after he had walked away a few days before the game. I mean, Wulpen couldn’t mess this up… could they?
                                                    A goal after 7 minutes helped breed confidence amongst the Flanders side. It was scored by Aurelie Wostijn, but the notable thing was the assist which came from soon-to-retire veteran Sandrine Gerniers, who was making her first league start of the season and only second appearance overall. Gerniers was clearly determined to go out with a bang having been given the opportunity, as she added a goal to the assist with a trademark direct free-kick on 32 minutes.
                                                    Green Street pulled one back completely against the run of play on 42 minutes, only for Wostijn to nearly immediately restore it when she struck on the stroke of half-time. That was the highest point for Wostijn in the day; the lowest was when she collected her second yellow of the afternoon on 79 minutes. The 10 players held firm though, up until the very final seconds of stoppage time when they relaxed slightly too early and let the score get back to 3-2.
                                                    But that was too late to deny Janik’s side victory. But would that prove to be equally overdue? It did put proper pressure on play-off rivals Spandex FC to win as anything less would see Wulpen leapfrog into second. However win is what Spandex did, edging past a Girls Aloud side that had their own theoretical shot at second 1-0 thanks to a goal from their only chance of the game.
                                                    That meant Janik’s side ended their first season at the fourth tier in third placed. It’s a good debut. It just feels like it could have been better… At least no play-off meant Wostijn didn’t have to miss it through suspension. The great dingbat.

The best way of explaining Viking South Utsira’s position ahead of their final game of the regular season at Michael Michael Micky doo is by putting up the Division 4h table after the penultimate round of fixtures. That read as follows:-
                                                    Code:
                                                    Q.P.R Ladies       +16 27 (c)
                                                    -----------------------------
                                                    Liverpool FCL       +7 23
                                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                                                    San Quirico         +7 21
                                                    Viking South Utsira +4 20
                                                    Propaganda           0 19
                                                    -----------------------------
                                                    PVFC Ladies        +10 18
                                                    Throop Ladies       -3 10 (r)
                                                    Michael etc.       -41  3 (r)
                                                    From that you can see that The Blood Eagles were not safe from relegation, only two points clear of the bottom three. But equally were only three points away from a play-off spot, though that relied on other results (specifically Liverpool losing to Throop and San Quirico not beating PVFC) to happen.
                                                    The main thing for Velvet Android’s team was to collect the three points that would secure safety, though. They were set on their way to that by a second career goal from budding midfield superstar Elza Klovning,*who joined mid-season as a 17/6. That strike came after 15 minutes, and was relatively swiftly doubled-up on when Nina Austrheim made it two after 26 minutes.
                                                    Bergljot Kvalvik had a third disallowed soon after, which would have put the game even more to bed than it already was. And Kvalvik(B) was involved when this did eventually happen swinging a corner across for Tyra Klovning to turn home.
                                                    So Viking were safe, and free to check other results. The biggie was Liverpool’s. Just a point for the Reds would mean mid-table for The Blood Eagles. But no, relegated Throop had picked up just their third win of the season by a score of 2-0. VSU 23 points, +7, Liverpool 23 points, +5. VSU above. OK, what of San Quirico? Well, they had a touch one as PVFC had to win. And it resulted in a stalemate, 0-0. That put San Quirico on 22 points… one less than The Blood Eagles. Who had therefore jumped from sixth to fourth to second over a three week spell and suddenly rather than Division 5 Football had an unexpected play-off chance to return to Division 3. More on which is below.
                                                    * - Klovning has subsequently double-jumped to by 18/8. Which is rather eye catching. She must be worth a king’s ransom at the moment, VA?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X