X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's really neat andrew!

Comment

Andrew, that's brilliant.

Etienne, that's brilliant. Although actually I empathise. My plan to lower my X11 activity didn't get far: from ten to eight teams and no PRs unless financially essential. Still too much.

Comment

It wasn't so much the loss of Zmaj, it was that keeping my remaining teams going involved far more faff than I remember from pre-VIP days.

Comment

X11 Ladies Season 54 Matchday 4 report.

Code:
          Division 2b

Viking South Utsira     0 - 1   JAV Idols FC
                                          Shino 85'

Division 3d

Fleeges kex             2 - 3   Drakaina
          Arnefjord 43'                   Barry 2', 67'
          Montez 53'                      Winnem (O.G.) 61'

Division 4k

The Black Widows        0 - 0   Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC

Senduk (sent off) 87'

Flick of the Wrist      4 - 0   Sockford Emollient
          MacGillies 49'
          Handoko 60'
          Passare 83'
          Hope 85'

Division 5:17

Spion Kop Ladies        3 - 2   Erbil
          Stevenson 9', 15'               Besen 53'
          Hartigan 70'                    Brundin 90'

Division 5:18

Michael x2 Micky doo    0 - 2   LNWR Locomotive
                                          Nixon 52'
                                          Severinsson 79'

Division 5:19

Coxy Ladies Wulpen      3 - 0   Ludos Lovelies
          Vandenbergh 2'
          Wostijn 11'
          Kerckhoeven 84'
          Leroy (Sent Off) 81'

Division 5:27

Transmontanas Babes     1 - 0   Zeugma Dostluk Spor
          Flor 24'

Division 5:29

The Valkyries           0 - 2   Menywod Maeshafn
                                          Westerberg 14', 54'

Division 5:32

Csiki Girls             0 - 0   Universitatea Cluj

Division 6:39

Neparidze               0 - 5   Ullapool Northern Star
                                          Barkho 6', 49'
                                          Mouatt 11'
                                          Mair 16'
                                          Fågelberg 20'

Division 6:42

FC Saik                 0 - 2  Solent Sirens
                                         Abbiati 3'
                                         de Beauvoir 53'

Division 6:56

Pretty ladies           1 - 1  Dublin City WFC
          Hadley 12'                     Kåmark 44'
          The question at Ragnar Rock was would Viking South Utsira’s cautious revival be intact after 90 minutes against JAV Idols FC? It was not that the visitors appeared fearsome, there were only a couple of points between the sides at the start of play, but more that confidence must still be fragile in The Blood Eagles ranks after the tribulations of last season.
          The first half was a cautious affair with no chances, but after the break Velvet Android’s side began to create openings. They just needed to turn one of those into a goal. It finally happened in the 85th minute, but against the run of play it was JAV and not VSU who were celebrating.
          That proved the only goal of the game, and the Division 2b table tells the tale of the consequences; Viking have dropped to seventh, whilst JAV are top. I would say something about slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, but I think I’ve already used that one this season.

When Drakaina, with two wins and a draw in their previous three games, travelled to Fleeges kex (0-1-2), there was only one outcome, right? Well, it didn’t prove as straightforward as that.
          Etienne’s side got off to the perfect start, Susanna Barry heading them ahead in less than 2 minutes. The Dragons then had the better of the rest of the opening half but didn’t make Fleeges pay and that proved costly as the hosts levelled with their first chance of the afternoon two minutes before the break.
          Things went from bad to worse for the Greeks in the second half as Fleeges scored again on 53 minutes and then, two minutes later, Elena Gitsis was helped off with a 9-day injury. Fleeges’ Signy Winnem had the ball in the net on 61 minutes, but in the first break for Drakaina for a while it was her own one! Suddenly the momentum was back with The Dragons, Barry heading her second of the afternoon midway through the second-half and this version of Groundhog Day was not going to be repeated.
          3-2 it finished, which was enough to lift Drakaina to the summit of Division 3d. They are three points clear of the chasing pack.

Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC travelled to The Nest to take on The Black Widows, who were bottom of the table with one point from their first three games.
          The Spirits of the Sea were flying somewhat higher with a win, draw and defeat to their names but despite the form coming in there was nothing to chose between the sides. Kacey Rust was looking soli d as a rock for the visitors, putting in what would turn out to be a grade 19 display but The Widows ‘keeper Tiffany MacBride wasn’t far behind at 18.
          What was needed was something to break the game open. It looked like it might have arrived very late on when Kanjeng’s Ati Senduk was shown her second yellow card of the day. Fortunately for SeanoftheShed’s side, there wasn’t enough time for the hosts to exploit this as the game ended goalless.
          Goalless was also how the first half ended in Sockford Emollient trip to Flick of the Wrist.
          Foxy265’s side had been very much on the back foot through the first period though, and their dogged defensive effort was broken soon after the interval. Flick added another on the hour mark and eventually their dominance of the ball ground The Gatorsharks down as two more goals were added late on against the exhausted visitors. The last of these was scored by Hope, but that had long since departed Framleyshire.
          Defeat saw Sockford drop from second to fourth in the Division 4k table, which is one place (and one point) ahead of where Kanjeng currently find themselves.

Erbil face a tough challenge as they visited leaders Spion Kop Ladies, who boasted a 100% record.
          The hosts got off to a rapid start, netting twice in the first fifteen minutes as Jdsx’s side wondered what had just hit it. However, Erbil stabilised after this and came out a different side after the break. Tülin Besen swiftly pulled a goal back, netting from Sandra Brundin’s 53rd minute free-kick and with that the Anfield Road crowd began to fret. Was there team about to throw away a dominant first 45?
          The hosts needed another, and frustratingly got it on 70 minutes with a direct free-kick. Brundin got Erbil back to within one again in the same fashion but only managed to do so in the 90th minute which, whilst it caused the home supporters further panic, was too late for the visitors to build on for the draw they probably deserved.
          The Division 5:17 table has already developed a sizeable gap. Three sides have won at least three of their first four games to have 10+ points. The other five only have two wins between them. Erbil lead this second pack, sitting fourth but just a point ahead of the bottom three.

A familiar and eye-catching name presented the opposition for LNWR Locomotive as they ventured north of the border to take on Michael Michael Micky doo.
          After a quiet first half, the game opened up when Charlotte Nixon blasted the opener from range on 52 minutes. Opened up somewhat. The hosts had a chance, which was more than they managed in the first half and The Steamers got a second when Tekla Severinsson raced away in the 79th minute and made the points safe for boss Viktor Boskovic.
          The win saw Locomotive surge up the Division 5:18 table to occupy fourth spot. They are a one behind the play-offs and two ahead of the drop zone.

Coxy Ladies Wulpen took on struggling Ludos Lovelies knowing that the two top sides in Division 5:19 were facing each other elsewhere and therefore The Waders could jump a place or two if they won.
          They set right about doing that, Laetitia Vandenbergh racing clear to put the hosts ahead after just 2 minutes and strike partner Aurelie Wostijn heading in on 11 to double the advantage. That put Janik’s side in a commanding position given that Ludos hadn’t even scored in their previous three games.
          Given that, gifting the hosts a goal was to be avoided, which meant that Noémie Kerckhoeven was extremely grateful when Stellan Offsajed spared her blushes by ruling her ‘effort’ through her own net out for a foul. However the next Wader to do something stupid was not so lucky, Zoe Leroy picking up a second yellow card on 81 minutes. Forunately for Leroy, Kerckhoeven had her back. Feeling her luck was in after the earlier reprieve, she was on hand to react first when a corner span free in the six-yard box.
          The 3-0 win would have been enough to take Coxy Ladies top of 5:19 if the meeting of the top two had been a draw. As it wasn’t, The Waders currently occupy second place, two points adrift of the leaders and one ahead of third.

Zeugma Dostluk Spor’s search for a first win of the campaign took them to top-of-the-table Transmontanas Babes.
          That didn’t seem a likely place for Antepli Ejderha’s side to break their duck, especially after they fell behind midway through the first half. Zeugma plugged away in search of a turn around, the manager ringing the changes with early substitutions, but that solitary strike proved their undoing as it became four with victory since promotion.
          Zeugma’s two point haul has them seventh in the Division 5:27 table, three points from safety.

Back-to-back 3-0 home wins meant that Menywod Maeshafn travelled to The Valkyries in confident mood.
          The Welsh side were soon probing away at the Valkyries, landing their first proper blow on 14 minutes when skipper Ada Westerberg sprang away from the home defence, rounded the ‘keeper and strolled the ball home. IsThatcherDeadYet’s charges looked comfortable in their advantage, keeping The Valkyries well away from Laure Bertheau’s net and creating occasional chances to double their advantage. When Westerberg converted another of these on 54 minutes, reacting quickest to the loose ball from a corner, it was game over.
          Maeshafn climbed to second in the Division 5:29 table after the win, three points behind the leaders and two clear of third.

Comment

100% record holders, leaders and top scorers, Csiki Girls were flying ahead of the visit of Universitatea Cluj.
            The A kertem crowd had been wonderfully entertained in the first two times ad hoc’s side had performed against them this season, so they turned up expectant of more. And... nothing. A near complete stalemate as Cluj strangled the life out of proceedings. There were just two shots all match, one per side as a bore draw was played out.
            That result costs The Csiki’s top spot in Division 5:32; they drop to second, two points behind the only remaining perfect side. The manager will want his team to refind their scoring boots quickly, as the previous stuff was fun.

Also ready to enjoy themselves were Ullapool Northern Star fans as their side made the trip to bottom-of-the-table zombies Neparidze.
            The travelling horde wouldn’t have long to wait as delicatemoth’s side won the game in the first 20 minutes. Zebela Barkho raced clear for the opener with 6 on the watch, Mary-Leslie Mouatt and Mary-Leslie Mair struck from close range on 11 and 16 to build a cushion and Sonja Fågelberg headed home a corner on 20 to kill the game off.
            There was little to play for in the remaining time, but Barkho did manage to start the second half as well as she had started the first, getting her second of the day on 49 minutes. And then the Scots were sated, drifting through the remaining time with nothing to bother them.
            Despite now having three wins from four, Ullapool are still only fourth in the Division 6:39 table. But they are also only one point off the summit, after the top two sides played out a goalless draw simultaneously with this match.

Solent Sirens were strong favourites when they took on struggling FC Saik at the Wild West ground.
            The hosts hopes of pulling of a surprise result diminished significantly as early as the 3rd minute as Geovana Abbiati gave The Sirens the lead. That put Andrew7610’s side into a decent position, one that became comfortable as soon as Simone de Beauvoir doubled the gap on 53 minutes.
            There would be no more chances after that as Solent shut up shop to secure a win that keeps them third in the Division 6:42 table, two points behind the leading pair.

Two sides yet to either score a goal or win a game met when Dublin City WFC made the trip to Pretty ladies.
            Sadly for Dublin, boss Mortal Joe again wasn’t with them on the flight to Uruguay. That meant a tale of what might have been as without him Dublin still put up a good fight despite falling behind on 12 minutes. They had loads more of the ball, and got the reward for that when Veronica Kåmark headed in to level on 44 minutes.
            The second half saw the chances flip over to the hosts, but Patrícia Inácio held firm for the draw. But could it have been a win? We will never know...
            As things stand, Dublin are sixth in Division 6:56 with two points. Their target, the top two, is currently on eight.

Comment

A chance over the next week and a bit for Lincolnshire Curly Coats to get into the almost big time, Golden League Division 1. Here's the league table and final two rounds:

Valencia are home and hosed, and I just hope pride means they will keep pushing to the end. This evening's game against Dalarö Demons is the crunch really for the Curlies. Just spent an inordinate amount of time on tactics, and I'm offering a stupid win bonus. I think the team was in a similar position a season ago and I blew it badly.

Comment

Good luck Sits. At least it's in your hands.

Comment

I see you've already destroyed your division AE, nicely done.

Comment

...Must learn to keep my metaphorical mouth shut. Not the first time I've mentioned a tight finish for one of my teams on here then stuffed it up. Playmaker injured after 25 minutes. More possession, more chances, more stars, lost 2-1.

Comment

It doesn't look like we're getting any managers returning to action in OTF, which means it looks like we've got 30-32 teams. Any preferences? 4 divisions of 8 would be the obvious one.

Comment

Needs must Etienne, you just have to do whatever you need to. There are plenty of managers on here who like a short season. There's not going to be a massive upsurge in new managers into the game. Don't forget managers like MyShady who will fill a team for the new season go live.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                          ...Must learn to keep my metaphorical mouth shut. Not the first time I've mentioned a tight finish for one of my teams on here then stuffed it up. Playmaker injured after 25 minutes. More possession, more chances, more stars, lost 2-1.
                          You've still got a chance though, haven't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                            It doesn't look like we're getting any managers returning to action in OTF, which means it looks like we've got 30-32 teams. Any preferences? 4 divisions of 8 would be the obvious one.
                            I prefer longer seasons, so would favour 3x10 or a 1x10 and a couple of 11s, but am happy to go with the majority view.

Comment

Yeah I prefer shorter seasons, so I'd prefer 4x8, even if 3x10 might give me a reprieve in the OTF.... (and sorry, Wouter...)

Comment

3x10 would be the preferred option from The Framchise .

Comment

I would also vote for 3 x 10. 8 team leagues that play twice a week are over so quickly that one serious injury sets a player's development back unfairly far.

By doing that, we would also bite the bullet as far as contraction is concerned - there will probably be further net losses of managers down the line, it seems pretty clear that X11 has had its peak, and that means we are going to have to abandon Division 3 sooner or later. Doing so now means temporary pain in terms of re-organising but creates three healthy Divisions with full active management.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                    I would also vote for 3 x 10. 8 team leagues that play twice a week are over so quickly that one serious injury sets a player's development back unfairly far.

By doing that, we would also bite the bullet as far as contraction is concerned - there will probably be further net losses of managers down the line, it seems pretty clear that X11 has had its peak, and that means we are going to have to abandon Division 3 sooner or later. Doing so now means temporary pain in terms of re-organising but creates three healthy Divisions with full active management.
                                    This.

3x10 from the Zeugma franchise .

Comment

Janik's logic is sound there. I'm easy with 10s or 8s, but probably losing Division 3 is for the best at this stage.

I remember that when I (first) joined we happily got along with 24 teams (with Division 1 being a hilarious 3-down, 2-stay, 3-up situation) so it's not the end of the world.

Comment

I'm convinced by Janik's extended reasoning, let's go 3 divs of 10.

Comment

I'll do a poll I think for those who don't frequent the forum. I'll try and add the reasoning here to inform the choice.

Comment

Thanks Etienne.

Comment

X11 Ladies Season 54 Matchday 5 report.

Code:
                                              Division 2b

Wælcyrie                1 - 2   Viking South Utsira
                                              Riedewald 18'                   E.Klovning 56'
                                                                              K.Hovland 87'

Division 3d

San Francisco Wet Cats  0 - 0   Drakaina

Division 4k

Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC  1 - 1   Flick of the Wrist
                                              Ikmal 37'                       Lowell 15'

Sockford Emollient      0 - 3   Bethanys Binos
                                                                              Sales 27'
                                                                              Dezembro 44', 53'

Division 5:17

Erbil                   2 - 4   Cataluna Cats
                                              Paton 33'                       Zosimova 40'
                                              Brundin 48'                     Lybekk 52'
                                                                              Arribas 73'
                                                                              Volkova 79'

Division 5:18

LNWR Locomotive         3 - 0   M Bomber Girls
                                              Elmassian 3', 37'
                                              Heart 10'

Division 5:19

Immortal Angels         2 - 1   Coxy Ladies Wulpen
                                              Leigh 51'                       Carey 56'
                                              Bergwitz 89'

Division 5:27

Chernabogs Valkyries    0 - 0   Zeugma Dostluk Spor

Krístiandottir (sent off) 77'

Division 5:29

Menywod Maeshafn        0 - 0   ZFK Nase Taksi

Division 5:32

The ladies of the past  2 - 2   Csiki Girls
                                              Berger 12'                      Smet 65'
                                              Ferreira 44'                    Munoz 72'

Division 6:39

Blancos Mágicos         0 - 0   Ullapool Northern Star

Division 6:42

MSV Duisburg Damen      2 - 0   Solent Sirens
                                              Manfield 27', 51'

Division 6:56

Dublin City WFC         3 - 0   Marieberg FC
                                              Isabel Carreto 37', (pen) 82'
                                              Padilha 78'
                                              Turning momentum around on X11 can be difficult as Viking South Utsira are finding. The Blood Eagles latest attempt to get on a positive run came against a familiar foe, old rivals Wælcyrie.
                                              The mythic warrior maidens were the first to strike, going ahead on 18 minutes. That was somewhat against the run of play though as Utsira had had rather more of the ball, Velvet Android’s side turning that surfeit into chances after the break.
                                              Emilie Klovning levelled for the visitors on 56 minutes, but it looked like VSU were going to have another underwhelming day with a good performance not properly rewarded until Kristin Hovland reacted first to an 87th minute corner to claim all the points.
                                              Victory lifted The Blood Eagles a number of spots up the Division 2b table. They are now fourth, and things look healthier.

The glow coming off Drakaina suggested robust good health and a certain nominatively determinative inner fire ahead of their trip to California to take on San Francisco Wet Cats.
                                              The Dragons certainly looked the better side throughout, making various aggressive swoops on the Wet Cats lair. However the all-important goal eluded Etienne’s side.
                                              Fortunately Drakaina looked impregnable at the back, so it was a goalless draw they had to settle for rather than anything worse or even more ill-deserved. And that was still enough to keep The Greeks top of Division 3d though their lead was cut from three points to two.

Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC were looking to build on a varied beginning to the campaign that had seen only win once but also only lose a single time when they took on Flick of the Wrist.
                                              The Sea Goddessess hopes suffered an early set-back when Flick took the lead on the quarter-hour, and three minutes later things looked bleak for SeanoftheShed’s side as the visitors had the ball in the net again. But only for a second or two, until everyone clocked that Al Reddy was ruling the goal out.
                                              That did feel somewhat like a bullet dodged, and Kanjeng played with a lightness about them after that, levelling on 37 minutes through Rahma Ikmal. The second half was tight, with just one chance in it. That came for The Sea Spirits but wasn’t converted as the spoils were shared.
                                              Sockford Emollient had been even more up-and-down in their previous matches to facing Bethanys Binos with two wins and two defeats to The Gatorsharks names.
                                              Was this the time for a first draw? Losing Maci Conrad to an 11-day injury early on was not a good omen for a positive result, particularly with Foxy265’s side already on the back foot. In fact, Sockford would be two behind at the interval, and three down soon after it. Which was curtains, and meant a third defeat of the campaign.
                                              Those results left Kanjeng still fifth in the Division 4k table as sides move past in both directions. One of the those dropping behind was The Gatorsharks, who slipped down to sixth in the standings. The two OTF sides are level on points, both just two points adrift of the current play-off place holders.

It has been a relatively slow start in the league for Erbil since dropping down a Division last season. They had a chance to reverse that trend when taking on a Cataluna Cats’ side that were going pretty well.
                                              Two goals towards the end illuminated a first half of few chances, Leah Paton putting Erbil in front on 33 minutes only for the Cats to level on 40. Sandra Brundin swiftly restored the advantage for Jdsx’s team after the interval, but once again the advantage was short lived. And this time, the equaliser was compounded by Cataluna scoring again on 73 minutes.
                                              The visitors added one more soon after as Erbil threw bodies forwards which sealed a defeat that sent they hosts down to fifth in the Division 5:18 standings.

Improving LNWR Locomotive had a very winnable match against managerless bottom side M Bomber Girls on their card.
                                              That allowed manager Viktor Boskovic to give some more fringe players a run, and it was one of these who swiftly opened the scoring, 22 year-old striker Sarin Elmassian firing home just her second career goal in the third minute. Phrigit Heart has been a rather more prolific scorer, and she made it two on 10 minutes to moreorless already seal the game.
                                              The Steamers win became certain when Elmassian, buoyed by her earlier strike, added another on 37 minutes. Like London buses, you wait ages for one and two arrive in quick succession! Heart had a personal second of the day disallowed soon after the break, and with that The Steamers shut up shop, preserving their 3-0 advantage until full-time.
                                              The win rocketed Locomotive up the Division 5:18 table as they climbed into second place with nine points. The gap to leaders Chili Babes is rather large though, standing at six points.

Top against second was the billing when Coxy Ladies Wulpen rocked up at Immortal Angels.
                                              The first half was the traditional quiet affair, The Waders shading possession, Immortal Angels having the only shot and the game remaining goalless. Things rather exploded after the break, though. First Laetitia Vandenbergh had a goal for Coxy Ladies disallowed, and then, three minutes later, Immortal Angels had one not disallowed. Five minutes after that it was 1-1, Zara Carey bursting clear to level.
                                              Following this exchange of goals it was Immortal Angels who took control of the match. The Waders were reduced to clinging grimly on to the draw, a tactic that was holed below the waterline when the hosts went 2-1 up on 89 minutes. Janik’s side had one chance to level deep into stoppage time, but it wasn’t converted and wouldn’t have been deserved if it had been.
                                              Defeat was Wulpen drop to third in Division 5:19, two points off the play-offs and now five behind the leaders.

Zeugma Dostluk Spor were taking on a famous name sadly degraded when they travelled to Chernabogs Valkyries.
                                              Ex-manager Chernabogs has long since departed the side he somewhat egotistically named after himself, but that was better than subsequent managers who have either been here-today, gone-tomorrow or are sexists using Football to advertise their character flaws such as the current incumbent. That made it a match Zeugma really wanted to win, but though Antepli Ejderha’s side tried, the breakthrough wouldn’t come, not even after Chernabogs Thorunn Krístiandottir was sent off on 77 minutes.
                                              The goalless draw did little for Zeugma’s league position as they remain winless and in the Division 5:27 relegation zone, currently sitting seventh with three points, which is four from safety.

Could Menywod Maeshafn break through a very tight ZFK Nase Taksi defence? That was the main question ahead of this game.
                                              The visitors to Maeshafn are anything but expansive, with a combined average of just over a goal a game. Their suffocating approach proved too much for IsThatcherDeadYet’s side to handle, in attack at least, as the Welsh girls created just one shooting opportunity all match. However, it was much the same story at the other end as Maeshafn’s back line dealt comfortably with all directed their way.
                                              The 0-0 draw didn’t see Maeshafn lose any ground in the Division 5:29 table though as the side they are chasing were also held to a stalemate.

Csiki Girls were asked to step back in time when they visited The ladies of the past.
                                              The Csiki’s dominated possession in the first half, but were hit on the counter. And not once, but twice, as sepia was the colour with the hosts somehow 2-0 ahead at the interval. What ad hoc’s side needed was a jolt of modernity and that is exactly what Floriane Smet provided as she made a angular move and headed in to reduce arrears on 65 minutes.
                                              Now the hosts just looked old and worn out as the Csiki’s battered them. Eleena Munoz got an equaliser on 72 minutes, which was the least that was deserved. But they equally justified winner? That never arrived.
                                              The draw was still a decent result for Csiki Girls though as the sides directly above and below in the Division 5:32 standings, being the leaders and third place, also shared the spoils. As I’m sure you can figure out that means The Csiki’s were and remain second.

Comment

Ullapool Northern Star were looking to avoid the spell cast by Division 6:39 leaders Blancos Mágicos as two sides with promotion ambitions met at the White Rose Stadium.
                                                The first half saw the hosts holding three-fifths of the ball, but making absolutely no headway as Northern Star boss Delicatemoth had got her defensive set-up perfect. In fact, Blancos Mágicos wouldn’t manage a shot all match, despite holding 59% of the ball overall!
                                                What of Ullapool’s attack, then? Well, they were more creative, with three scoring chances across the piece. But no more effective overall as none were converted. Would things have been different if Renate Klovning hadn’t gone down with a 6-day injury on 73 minutes? Maybe, but to be honest, probably not.
                                                However frustrating it was not to have won, an away point at the leaders was definitely a good result for the Scots. That single addition also lifted them to third in the table, one point behind their opponents here and three adrift of the new leaders of the section.

Solent Sirens were also on the road against the side who currently top their section when they made their way to MSV Duisburg Damen.
                                                The match-up stirred memories of a remarkable win Andrew7610’s side a couple of seasons ago, but there wasn’t to be a repeat as Duisburg put themselves ahead on 27 minutes and added a killer second early in the second-half. Solent were in the game throughout in general play, but without one back they couldn’t exert any real pressure. And that goal proved elusive.
                                                The Sirens remain third in Division 6:42 despite the setback, but are now five points behind the leading pair.

And finally Dublin City WFC. Once again boss Mortal Joe was absent from Phoenix Park, but with visitors Marieberg FC permanently managerless that didn’t end the hosts chances.
                                                The first half was cautious as both teams sussed each other out, but towards the end of it Dublin pushed on and went ahead when Ana Isabel Carreto fired home. Their chances of a first win went up a notch further when injury reduced Marieberg to ten early in the second-half, something the Irish side took advantage off with two more strikes, one from defender Brígida Padilha (just her second goal for the club) and the other from the spot converted by Isabel Carreto.
                                                The win wasn’t enough to lift Dublin any places in the Division 6:56 table, they remain sixth, but it did make things look more palatable.

Comment

Yep. A few sexist shitbags in my division Janik. If the kits are approved there's nowt we can do, same goes for the names.

Comment

X11 Ladies Cup Round 3. Six OTF sides took on the challenge in this round, how many would overcome it?

Code:
                                                    Lagermax                1 - 0   Erbil
                                                    Belean 59'

Erbil                   2 - 2   Lagermax
                                                    Granå (pen) 32'                 Laszlo 43'
                                                    Besen 66'                       Zãnoagã 82'

Lagermax win 3-2 on aggregate

Fat Lady                2 - 2   Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC
                                                    Goodman 11', 30'                Dalmiya 89'
                                                                                    Azeite 94'
                                                                                    Azeite (missed pen) 75'

Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC  3 - 1   Fat Lady
                                                    Borot 49'                       Wirta 22'
                                                    Dalmiya 67'
                                                    Azeite (pen) 89'

Kanjeng win 5-3 on aggregate

Coxy Ladies Wulpen      1 - 1   Las Mimosas Charrúas
                                                    Aerents 25'                     Østlyngen 68'

Las Mimosas Charrúas    1 - 0   Coxy Ladies Wulpen
                                                    Vadge 81'

Las Mimosas win 2-1 on aggregate

Sockford Emollient      1 - 2   Triestina
                                                    Antonellini 38'                 Zubak 43', 93'

Triestina               3 - 0   Sockford Emollient
                                                    Olesen (O.G.) 2'
                                                    Möllerström 35'
                                                    Dunwell 87'

Triestina win 5-1 on aggregate

League of Legends Girls 0 - 2   Drakaina
                                                                                    Barry 60'
                                                                                    Heggarty 84'

Drakaina                1 - 3   League of Legends Girls
                                                    Sietaridis 3'                   Askentorp 14'
                                                                                    Blidh 43', 84'

3-3 on aggregate. League of Legends Girls win on away goals

Gehenna Hot Pants       1 - 0   Zeugma Dostluk Spor
                                                    Booth 51'

Zeugma Dostluk Spor     0 - 0   Gehenna Hot Pants

Gehenna win 1-0 on aggregate
                                                    Erbil’s draw looked difficult but tractable after they were paired up with Division 4 side Lagermax.
                                                    Jdsx’s girls were on the road for the opening leg, hoping for a result that would give them a good chance at the Erbil Arena in the second match. A draw, maybe, or narrow loss with an away goal that sort of thing. The latter was what they got, but without the away goal element as Lagermax edged a tight match 1-0.
                                                    That put Erbil into a tricky position for the second game as they had to score but couldn’t risk a likely killer away goal. For 40-odd minutes things went to plan for Erbil, holding a majority of possession, not offering chances and levelling the tie up on aggregate when Sabina Granå stroke home a penalty on 32 minutes. But then, with half-time approaching, disaster! Lagermax’s first shot of the game found its way home, and the worst that could happen had done so.
                                                    Plan B was for all-out attack to force the now required two-goal victory. This bore some fruit when Tülin Besen made it 2-1 on the night on 66 minutes, but it was clearly risky and, given the chances they had had, it wasn’t a great shock when Lagermax scored again on 82 minutes. There was no way back from that for Erbil as Round 3 proved their limit this season.

An all fifth-tier tie pitted Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC against fellow Division 4 outfit Fat Lady.
                                                    The situation looked bleak for The Sea Spirits midway through the opening leg as hosts Fat Lady had built a 2-0 lead on just three first half shots. That was three more than SeanoftheShed’s side had managed, however. It prompted a ‘lively’ half-time discussion in the Kanjeng dressing room, the result of which was a much more dynamic second-half performance.
                                                    The Sea Goddesses had a glorious chance for an away goal on 75 minutes when awarded a penalty. The responsibility went to Leila Azeite, but she couldn’t handle the situation. It was still 2-0 to the hosts as the 90th minute approached. They were getting ready to burst into song [you knew I couldn’t resist that, surely?!?] when Diksha Dalmiya fired in from a corner on 89 minutes. The hosts were gargling and warming up the vocal chords again in stoppage time when Azeite did from 25 yards what she couldn’t from 12. Despite the late turn around and two away goals, the tie ain’t over.
                                                    That was emphasised midway through the first half at Merapi-Kraton-South Sea when a long range shot screamed past Kacey Rust to put Fat Lady ahead on the night and on aggregate. They remained so until four minutes into the second-half when Tyan Borot rose to head her side level on aggregate and ahead again on away goals.
                                                    Borot then turned provider, setting Dalmiya to put The Sea Goddesses ahead on the night and overall midway through the second half. However the situation was still precarious as everyone watching clearly felt when Fat Lady had a 79th minute effort chalked off. What Kanjeng needed was a re-assurance strike, and they got it late on when they were awarded a penalty, Azeite making up for her first leg miss by thumping home and celebrating ecstatically.
                                                    Kanjeng’s reward is two matches against another fifth tier side, The Mass WFC of Division 4e. Once again the deciding leg will be in Indonesia.

Coxy Ladies Wulpen had a challenge on their hands as they had been paired with Division 1 opponents in the form of Las Mimosas Charrúas.
                                                    The Waders were at home in the opening leg, and suffered an early blow in that when midfielder Alicia Leclercq twisted and went down with a horror 24-day injury after just 5 minutes play. That gave Wulpen a rather young engine room for such a match, but they acquitted themselves well with one player in particular standing out. That was Aline Aerents, 18 and making her senior debut but with a ‘big’ personality. Aerents was not willing to be a bit part player in the game, instead opening the scoring on 25 minutes and trying to double the advantage a few minutes later with a bicycle kick.
                                                    Coxy Ladies went in 1-0 up at half-time and deservedly so. However, another injury three minutes into the second half induced a further drop in age and grade, and this proved a step too far as Las Mimosas came back into the game, levelling midway through the second half. Fortunately for Janik’s side that was the limit to the damage, so there is still all to play for in the second leg.
                                                    Wulpen did need a goal to have any hopes, though. And that didn’t look like coming early on in the return. Or midway through. Or, indeed at all. In fact The Waders put in 90+ chanceless minutes, which would have sealed their fate anyway even if they hadn’t conceded a latish winner. Which they did.
                                                    This was the sixth successive Round 3 exit for Wulpen. It would be understandable if they began developing a complex about getting further.

Sockford Emollient were trying to punch up a tier when they took on Division 3 side Triestina.
                                                    Things started cautiously in the opening leg at John Spencer Street as neither team managed a shot in the opening half hour. The first chance of the match finally showed its face on 38 minutes. It came for The Gatorsharks, to Donya Antonellini in particular and she buried it. Sockford’s position in the tie look good at this point, but five minutes later Triestina also had their first sight of goal and were equally clinical.
                                                    The second-half was no less tight, with very few chances again. There was to be one more goal, however. It came in stoppage time, and, sadly, it came at the wrong end as far as Foxy265 and his team were concerned, Triestina heading in a corner. That gives Emollient a mountain to climb in the return as not even a 1-0 win will be enough.
                                                    The Gatorsharks scored within two minutes of the start of the second leg, it’s just that, unfortunately, Hildegard Olesen did so in the wrong net. Her teammates re-assured her that it didn’t matter, that nothing much had changed as they needed two goals to stay alive before her O.G. and the same after it. Triestina second of the night on 35 minutes was a different story, as now Sockford needed three.
                                                    They never came close to getting them, the hosts adding some late gloss to what proved an ultimately comfortable victory despite there appearing nothing between the sides for most of the opening leg.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X