Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacancy coming in the Human League!

Was someone wanting to come in? Dglh?

I'll,be sacking Randmokid from Alsager Belles, 2nd bottom of the league tomorrow if he's not back before. Absent simce October 29th and just had a second warning.

Comment

Big day in THL for Hammerpot today - we have to beat AFC Farm Neighbours and hope that the Madels don't beat Holkham Forest to complete a last-ditch escape from relegation. Our last win was against the champions 10 games ago, it's been an unmitigated disaster since then.

Comment

Les Sangliers DVs:

Petitdemange 25/12 - 16

Stewart 36/11 - 6 (injury cover)
        Hachette 33/14 - 8 (the injury)
        Châtillon 28/12 - 16
        de Vande 26/11 - 16
        de Laon 22/9 - 15
        de Bouterou 18/5 - 18

Du Rochechouart 34/10 - 10
        de Tabouillot 34/15 - 9
        de Frémont 29/12 - 12
        de Croÿ 26/11 - 16
        de Lamoignon 23/10 - 18
        Tankoua 21/9 - 17
        Tallien 18/5 - 17

Castagne 20/7 - 16
        Eline Koers 17/4 - 17

And I will be sacking that manager later today. Your tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthdownRebel View Post
          we have to [...] hope that the Madels don't beat Holkham Forest
          At the very last possibility, we grab our first home win of the season to secure top-flight status. What a season it has been. Ten bloody draws...

Comment

If anyone is interested in joining MLX, there is now a vacancy at Toco Toucans...

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
              Les Sangliers DVs:

Petitdemange 25/12 - 16

Stewart 36/11 - 6 (injury cover)
              Hachette 33/14 - 8 (the injury)
              Châtillon 28/12 - 16
              de Vande 26/11 - 16
              de Laon 22/9 - 15
              de Bouterou 18/5 - 18

Du Rochechouart 34/10 - 10
              de Tabouillot 34/15 - 9
              de Frémont 29/12 - 12
              de Croÿ 26/11 - 16
              de Lamoignon 23/10 - 18
              Tankoua 21/9 - 17
              Tallien 18/5 - 17

Castagne 20/7 - 16
              Eline Koers 17/4 - 17

And I will be sacking that manager later today. Your tomorrow.
              Nice returns Sits. I'm not even going to post the DV for Æthelflæd, as they were absolutely abysmal. Despite plenty of training some of them haven't got even close to the level required, so it feels like a waste of a season and a big chunk of econs. As Orange Juice once sang, Rip it up and start again.

Comment

Holkham Forest's DVs are terrible too, which is something of a disappointment given that I made DV the priority this season. I'll be hoping that one or two of the younger players can squeeze a jump out of their feeble DVs and then they'll go on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
                  At the very last possibility, we grab our first home win of the season to secure top-flight status. What a season it has been. Ten bloody draws...
                  Congratulations on staying up, and apologies to Hammerpot for being unable to do our bit. That's two seasons running that Holkham Forest's only defeat in the second half of the campaign has been a 2-0 defeat at Markische Madels on the final day.

Comment

Some traditions ought to be cherished.

Comment

On the other hand, I would appreciate if cup games on Saturday does not become a tradition in MLX. Fortunately, IKK are eliminated now, but for both cup-game-following Sunday games I forgot to prepare. I blame my dedication to the concept "weekend", and would be happy to see a return to Cup Friday next season.

Comment

Some traditions ought to be cherished.
                        Unfortunately, Sandringham Park Rovers have ruined our tradition of playing in Division 2 every single fecking season by accidentally getting promoted at last.

Our DVs are also woeful, though, so that's something – one tradition we show no sign of upsetting.

Comment

On the other hand, I would appreciate if cup games on Saturday does not become a tradition in MLX. Fortunately, IKK are eliminated now, but for both cup-game-following Sunday games I forgot to prepare. I blame my dedication to the concept "weekend", and would be happy to see a return to Cup Friday next season.
                          This

Comment

Saturday cup games won’t become a tradition. Admin-based incompetence might be trickier to eradicate.

Comment

Two youths in two days at Dandy Town, both defenders and both worth fuck all. I've promoted 17/3 Valérian Erreygers to be a back up in defence, but I've passed on the 20/5 Nessie. His random (Belgian) name is Xavier de Cock. I know it's not cool to laugh at foreign names,but sometimes they make it so difficult.

Comment

Can't really raise much of a titter about the Swine's somewhat feeble youth product Nabil Mouwe (yes Dutch). He's a 17/3 but because he has Headers and is allegedly worth 177k I'm attempting to skim some meagre coin out of the poor lad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                  Les Sangliers DVs:

Petitdemange 25/12 - 16 > 26/13 +

Stewart 36/11 > 6 (injury cover) > 37/10 -
                                  Hachette 33/14 - 8 (the injury) > 34/13 -
                                  Châtillon 28/12 - 16 > 29/12
                                  de Vande 26/11 - 16 > 27/12 +
                                  de Laon 22/9 - 15 > 23/10 +
                                  de Bouterou 18/5 - 18 > 19/6 +

Du Rochechouart 34/10 - 10 > 35/10
                                  de Tabouillot 34/15 - 9 > 35/15
                                  de Frémont 29/12 - 13 > 30/13
                                  de Croÿ 26/12 - 16 > 27/12
                                  de Lamoignon 23/10 - 18 > 24/10
                                  Tankoua 21/9 - 17 > 22/10 +
                                  Tallien 18/5 - 17 > 19/6 +

Castagne 20/7 - 16 > 21/8 +
                                  Eline Koers 17/4 - 17 > 18/5 +
                                  No DJs
                                  Plus 8
                                  Minus 2
                                  Retiring 2

Could've been better.

Comment

For those who enjoy the aesthetic side, may I draw your attention to the logos in Noirs de Bigorre's match at Uncle Monty's Cellar in the Xpert Zone later this evening. Threatens to be a big piss-up.

Comment

Horrible CR for Holkham.

0 doubles
                                      9 jumps
                                      4 (4!) drops - including both veteran-but-still-needed defenders who struggled to DVs of 8 and 9
                                      1 retiring

It's perhaps not as bad as it seems, as the other two drops are the back-up goalkeeper and a retiring midfielder, and all of the younger players jumped, but even so.

Comment

1 double, 9 singles, no drops, no retirements. Solid for the Suffragettes.

Comment

Flapton Nogley had 0 doubles, 8 singles, no retirements and just one dropper, the permanently awful Fran Chisevil.

Elsewhere in Framleyshire the Whoft Fluffopolis youth academy has chugged out 18/5 forward Burt St Tropez with all rounder, good in the air and an eye for the goal abilities. Poor old Tyrone Tyson has had his no.11 shirt taken by the tyro and been placed on the transfer list too to try and get some midfield strengthening funds.

Comment

Poor CR (as expected) for Sandringham too: 7 single jumps and 8 non-movers. Not really the boost we wanted ahead of finally making it out of Division 2 into Division 1.

Tiree Automatic's youth academy has been the best thing I've had going on in X11 lately: having had 16/4 FK Nessie Headers defender Campbell Machrihanish on April Fool's Day, now an 18/7, it handed me 17/5 Speedy defender Drew Galloway to go with him five days ago – and this only around six weeks since 17/5 midfielder Leif Shetland arrived early last month. Must be the best ever burst of top-class youths from a single academy I've ever had.

It's just as well, because out of the three fine and experienced defenders Tiree started the season with, I currently have precisely none available. I sold 35/13 veteran Ross Cromarty three weeks ago (his club-record 348th and final appearance coming in our long-awaited league derby with FC Tobermory), which naturally came back to bite me hard this last week – last Tuesday 28/14 Alain Casquets got crocked for 21 days, and then on Saturday 32/14 Ken Avala got booked so picks up only his second ever suspension. This means that Machrihanish and Galloway will have to both play the full 90 minutes today alongside 21/9 'senior partner' Billy Scilly.

Amazingly the arrival of Galloway has boosted our squad value to 99m econs, which is 4th in the whole Xpert Zone – and one of the three above us is the discredited Fenerbahçe, who will be deleted after this season thanks to the efforts of one or two of our noble cohort here. Once Casquets recovers from injury I should hopefully see us top 100m, which will be a notable first for me in a 'normal' league. (i.e. not official leagues, nor MLX where we have the advantage of both a cup and postseason playoffs to help DVs along better.)
                                            Last edited by Various Artist; 28-11-2017, 18:01.

Comment

1 DJ for Hammerpot, which was unexpected but it's allowed us to put one of our two young midfielders on the market and focus on developing the other. Otherwise, a bang-average CR which was no surprise after a poor season.

Comment

Two OTF teams have made the 7th Round of the Golden League Cup. Clearly Lincolnshire Curly Coats are one of them, or let's face it I probably wouldn't mention it. They play 1st Division team Signora Vecchia who are clearly way better then them. We'll be going Mourinho style, playing for pens and hoping 33/16 goalie Hugh Callender can spawn us something.

It's even tougher for VT's (IsThatcherDeadYet) Y Pentan who face cup holders, top flight Taraboustes UFC.

Good luck us.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                                  Bloody hell, hold your horses everyone: this isn't much immediate help with anything, but there's an actual communication from X11's actual owners, actually posted this evening on the Xpert Daily. Incredible.

Invitation to Q&A livestream Nov 30
                                                  On November 30, 17.30 CET we will put on a livestream (yes, you’ll actually be able to see us) and tell you more about what’s happened over the last few years, as well as answering your questions. This is actually the first time we do this and we figured it might be the best way to really invite you backstage and explain what we’ve done, why we’ve done it and where we are now. One of the major mistakes during these years have obviously been the non-existing communication. I’ve addressed this before and yet here we are again.

I’m not inviting you to this livestream trying to convince you that it’s going to change from now on. I want to invite you all to get the story you never got. What happened and why.

We will ask you to submit some questions before the stream, but you’ll also be able to ask some on the fly.

Pelin
                                                  Team X11
                                                  Have just publicised this in official PRs in both The Human League and Major League X11, in my assistant's capacity, so I hope Sits and SdR respectively don't mind, as I thought everyone should be made aware that there's at least a small possibility of something happening.
                                                  Can someone ask if they'll add xG to the match reports? You know you want them.

Comment

As far as I know they haven’t actually told anyone where this alleged stream is being broadcast.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X