No announcement yet.

X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm of the opinion that those we've lost and/or have thrown their toys out of the pram weren't worth keeping so I won't be losing any sleep over it.
    I'd agree that it's not worth losing sleep about them, but equally I wonder whether they might be a route to get back a couple of teams. Might be worth just sending the update message to all of them and inviting them to take over their old teams and see if you get a bite or two.

Comment

Also, if there's any thing I can do to help admin wise then let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
        I'd agree that it's not worth losing sleep about them, but equally I wonder whether they might be a route to get back a couple of teams. Might be worth just sending the update message to all of them and inviting them to take over their old teams and see if you get a bite or two.
        Good idea, I'll look at doing that tonight.

Comment

If you get it to 60, then the system should be happy to run with

8 8 8 8
          7 7 7 7

I think.

Comment

Of course, a Toco Toucans Redux wouldn't hurt <winky thing>.

Comment

In terms of the MLX Cup, losing four teams would mean the four semifinalists from last season would get byes to round 2, but otherwise it would all go as normal.

R1: 56 → 28
              R2: 28 + 4 (32) → 16
              etc

But you would have to choose 'seeding for first round only' I think, if that is an option.
              Last edited by Kevin S; 06-02-2018, 11:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                Of course, a Toco Toucans Redux wouldn't hurt <winky thing>.
                Well, let's see how things go with the resigned managers first, but if things are stuck on 59 later say and it's going to be a pain, then let me know and it should be pretty quick for me to set up a login, do a £0.99 VIP for a month and activate one of the teams to help get the season started.

Comment

Comment

Haha, I knew that was coming. But no, it wouldn't be 'to play the game' ... more like a quick spot of firefighting.

Comment

Yeah, sure...

Comment

I make it two, actually.

Comment

The Toucans are also available. This gets better.

Really nice to have you back SDR and glad that things are getting better. Look after yourself too, it's not easy on you either.

Comment

Comment

One out of six recruited, even though it's temporary.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                One out of six recruited, even though it's temporary.
                                Make that two now. I'm hopeful of two more.

I sent messages to the four OTFers who've got VIP but aren't in the MLX asking them to help out. I've also posted on my private league forum to see if any more Young Turks can bee persuaded to join.

Comment

Thanks Antep, really appreciate your efforts here - two accepted, four required.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthdownRebel View Post
                                    Thanks Antep, really appreciate your efforts here - two accepted, four required.
                                    No problem. Still waiting on the other two OTFers.

Did you have any luck with those that left?

We've still got Kevchenko waiting in the wings for a return to the Toucans.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                      Did you have any luck with those that left?
                                      I've sent messages tonight to two of the departed - after your rapid success yesterday, I'm glad I held off for 24 hours otherwise it might have gotten awkward. One of the remaining two has left the game completely so I think that was unrelated.

The fourth is Dazcreed of the aforementioned Toco Toucans - he had already asked to switch to a different team because <Kev, Look Away Now>he didn't like the Toucans identity</Kev, Look Away Now> and I wasn't willing to let him desecrate it. I think the chances of him wanting to come back to that team are slim but I will offer him one of the other remaining vacancies once the Toucans job is filled. I can't do so before that because he is still technically the Toucans manager and the only other way to do it is to reactivate him there and then he'd still have to wait a month before he could apply for another team. That was the situation he was already in when he resigned for the second time the other day.

Comment

So would it help if I took the Big Beaks back for a short spell?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                          So would it help if I took the Big Beaks back for a short spell?
                                          YES!

Comment

Ok, request is in from 'CaptainFlack'. I don't want non-OTFers to know it's me please. I'm just one of those get-the-team-in-shape sorts.

Comment

I’ve messaged a guy called Andropov who I met in the Golden League. He’s taken his team from D7 to D1 and seems a decent guy. His team in the GL is Nya Revolutionen (sp.) currently 2nd in Div 1a. I’ve done my best selling job on him for the MLX.

Comment

Oh Guzman! Great stuff Kev... Cap’n!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                                  Ok, request is in from 'CaptainFlack'. I don't want non-OTFers to know it's me please. I'm just one of those get-the-team-in-shape sorts.
                                                  Remove that dressing gown Statto and nobody will know.

Welcome back. And a mighty Guzman from me.

Comment

Guzman Kev. Great to have you back; if only temporarily.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X