X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just found this -
    The link to the live stream will be published in Xpert Daily 15 min before the live stream.
    So that will be 17:15 CET. Allegedly.

Comment

The vast majority of the comments are really sensible. Again they question the timing of this, that is 5.30 cet when most people are still at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
        Two OTF teams have made the 7th Round of the Golden League Cup. Clearly Lincolnshire Curly Coats are one of them, or let's face it I probably wouldn't mention it. They play 1st Division team Signora Vecchia who are clearly way better then them. We'll be going Mourinho style, playing for pens and hoping 33/16 goalie Hugh Callender can spawn us something.

It's even tougher for VT's (IsThatcherDeadYet) Y Pentan who face cup holders, top flight Taraboustes UFC.

Good luck us.
        I've written this off as I don't see much chance of us going through. Good experience for the lads, like.

Comment

Link has just been posted on the Xpert Daily:

https://www.youtube.com/c/xperteleven/live

Comment

Delayed. Of course.

Comment

They're on now.

Comment

...and it's crashed about 1 minute in for me already. Anyone else able to see anything live?

Never mind, F5 key is my friend.

Comment

This is pretty good, actually. They're taking questions live from what people are commenting on the stream.

Comment

Well that was sort of interesting, lots said but nothing really concrete. They seemed ok and understood the issues. Waiting for the first big zombie kill.

I don't believe there are 15k of regular users but it's possible.

Comment

Did I understand correctly that they are going to ditch the app or are they just saying it's a mistake?

Fred is going to post up written replies to the questions which is positive.

Comment

They agreed a lot more love is needed for the core game, first and foremost. They ultimately still want to make a success of the app (which they agreed was a bust the first time round), but conceded that it needs to follow naturally from improving the desktop version, and be much more in sync with it.

Comment

Ok, thanks for clarifying that VA. What was your overall impression of the live stream?

Comment

I’ll believe any future plans when I see them. Some simple things they could start with are culling division 7 from the official leagues and making private leagues more prominent to new users.

Comment

I think most people will have viewed it through the prism of how they already felt about the owners, i.e. how cynical they are. Some will feel that it was vague and lacking in concrete plans. Some will feel it marks a positive turning point.

To quote what I said on the J4GL Scribble a bit earlier, my impression was that it was... broadly encouraging. No plans to sell nor shut down the game.

If I understood Pelin correctly, they are intending to start development again in, I think, the next couple of months (don't quote me on the exact timescales, I missed the odd bit as I lost my web connection a couple of times). They also agreed the Xpert leagues need seeing to and sorting out – i.e. Div 7 for sure needs removing, or more (Freddd talked about having "maybe 5 or 6 divisions"), so they're not so offputting to newbies with all the zombie teams in the bottom divisions.

They also picked up (encouragingly) on a suggestion that they make use of the expertise, talent etc of the userbase, i.e. a lot of people on the Forums etc have offered to help out with programming, marketing, business skills etc. – or even finance. If they're willing to collaborate with those who have something useful to offer they could be onto a good thing straight away.

Also, someone asked if these livestream chats might become a more regular thing, and Pelin (who did most of the talking) agreed it would be a helpful thing as it's easier to have a dialogue than a monologue, as it were. (Freddd to be honest looked like he didn't really want to be there.) It would be a massive step-up in communication if so. Pelin was putting up some of the pre-asked questions on screen as he answered them, including one 'question' that read simply "Pelin is a dick", to his credit.

Comment

Thanks for the details chaps, really useful for those of us who couldn’t tune in.

For my part I was busily engaged in a work meeting that included a game of taboo. They’re very enthusiastic about Mandatory Fun.

Comment

Well I loved their first album too, but I haven't thought much of anything they've released since then.

Comment

More seriously, has anyone seen the OTF League results this evening yet? There's one absolutely unexpected result. Stunning.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the reportage.

The Golden Cup will not be mine or VT's this time. I reckon his lads acquitted themselves the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                        Thanks everyone for the reportage.

The Golden Cup will not be mine or VT's this time. I reckon his lads acquitted themselves the better.
                                        We did well and created more chances, but couldn't score. But, but....you missed a penalty in normal time?

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                          More seriously, has anyone seen the OTF League results this evening yet? There's one absolutely unexpected result. Stunning.
                                          Has my tactic of not setting tactics reaped dividends again?

Comment

For someone, yes.

Comment

Ah...

Comment

Whilst they are making fixes to the game maybe they can tweak the level of bizarre randomness on the game engine.

Comment

Quite extraordinary, Sean.

In other matters, I've just realised I didn't actually getting around to asking here: does someone by any chance have a free quota slot they could use to help me out with temporarily, please, so I can set up the new season in The Brythonnic Premiership?
                                                  http://www.xperteleven.com/leagueInf...Lid=71956&dh=2

We've just undergone a merger to bring us up to 114 total teams – of whom 109 are presently filled and I need 110. That would allow a nice round set of 11 x 10 teams, in an all-new pyramid arrangement with 4 tiers 1:2:4:4.

Of the 5 vacant clubs, three are long-term absentees in the current basement division and can happily be allowed to disappear. There's a couple of decent sides though that could do with being 'shepherded' safely through the season creation process – so if anyone could take charge at either of these, even if just for a day or so, it would be great:
                                                  Ringstone Drains http://www.xperteleven.com/team.aspx?teamid=846843&dh=2
                                                  Dynamo Spennyborough http://www.xperteleven.com/players.a...7&Boost=0&dh=2

Either or both will play in the restructured third tier next season, if they make it there. If two people are available to grab the reins long enough for me to include both teams, then that's great – it means I can deactivate a lesser club instead whose manager is presently 'active' but hasn't shown up in weeks. If not though then I'd be happy to see one or the other survive, at least.

Many thanks to any manager(s) who can step in, either long-term or just until I can create the new season. I will gladly inactivate you again without penalty points as soon as I've done so, if you wish – although if you want to stay on permanently that is also terrific!

Comment

This is kind of becoming my thing I guess - applied.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X