No announcement yet.

X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I want 50 managers, and I want as many OTFers on board. We'd love to have you; if you apply I will drop Velik's manager a line. But to coin the vernacular, his team pisses all over Sinners Never Sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
      That is correct.
      Well, it could have been worse then...thanks Wouter

Comment

While we're at this Jdsx, there's vacancies in the league I admin as well, the Brythonnic Premiership, including another Sinners Never Sleep – the now ex-manager called all his teams in different leagues that. They're in the top flight, too, and my own team are due to play them tomorrow so it's only me who'd be buggered by you suddenly taking them over in the next few hours...

Actually I've just remembered I used my super admin powers to restore their old name of Yatten Courtenay FC. Still, if you fancy expanding your horizons we'd be delighted to have you. There's 9 OTFers in the league already, I think, at last count.

Comment

<pushes in, elbows VA in the ribs>

Perhaps VA, but what Jdsx really wants is a gig at a former champion in a Champions League format where the new season starts tonight at 7pm with the first round of the Kevchenko MLX Cup. Perfect for someone with VIP and spare quota - we'd love to have you apply.

Comment

Well it's certainly nice to feel wanted!! Tbh I'm just a bit too busy at work to take on a load of new teams at the moment....I think I'll start with a Ladies team and see how we go from there. Appreciate all your suggestions though!

Comment

X11 Ladies League season 49, matchday 2 report.

Code:
              Division 3e

Viking South Utsira	4 - 1	Spicks Killiettes
              Fudida 11', 64'			Cubillas 77'
              K.Hovland 18'
              B.Austrheim 58'

Division 4h

Drakaina		1 - 1	The Housewives
              Sietaridis 86'			Asmolova 64'

Division 5:17

Sunhilla Ladies FC 	0 - 2	LNWR Locomotive
              				Philipsson 32'
              				Zakarian 65'

Division 5:18

Coxy Ladies Wulpen	3 - 3	Warrior Girls
              Vandenbergh 24', 79'		Suter 51', 63'
              Carey 69'				Bastinhas 69'

Division 5:21

Aspull Academicals	1 - 0	Solent Sirens
              Raven 77'

Witches of Chiswick	0 - 0	Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC

Division 5:31

Vasas Femina FC 	1 - 1	Csiki Girls
              Hope 38'			Solas 72'

Division 6:41

Invisible Ladies	2 - 0	FC Saik
              Ackling 20'
              Paul 37'

Division 6:55

FR Timmer 		2 - 1	Menywod Maeshafn
              Serôdio 42'			Etxarri 83'
              Enkvist 90'

Division 6:57

Dash Dolls 		0 - 2	Dublin City Womens FC
              				Kamide 36'
              				Thörnberg 80'
              Having opened up the season with an away draw that counted as satisfactory but nothing better than that, victory was the clear target as Viking South Utsira welcomed Spicks Killiettes to Ragnar Rock.
              The Blood Eagles wasted absolutely no time in pursuing this, Manuças Fudida and Kristin Hovland netting within the opening twenty minutes, Hovland’s goal being the first of her career in what is already her fourth season as a pro. 2-0 at the break was the minimum Viking’s dominance deserved, and the second half continued in much the same vein as Birgit Austrheim and another by Fudida stretched the advantage for Velvet Android’s side.
              The visitors netted a consolation in the last fifteen minutes with their only shot of the match, to the intense frustration of Utsira ‘keeper Julie Alme, but by then the points were long since wrapped up. VSU sit second in the early Division 3e table, two points behind leaders La République de Random.

Drakaina were looking to maintain their winning start when they took on annoyingly-named The Housewives at Delphi.
              The Dragons had the better of it, but not decisively enough to forge ahead. Indeed it was their visitors who broke through first on 64 minutes, and it needed an 86th minute response from Laria Sietaridis for Etienne’s outfit to claw anything from the day.
              That point was enough to place the Greeks in second spot in the nascent Division 4h table.

Another side trying to make it two from two were LNWR Locomotive. They sought to do so on an always tricky trip to Sunhilla Ladies FC.
              It would prove to be a very well judged away performance from The Steamers, as they sat back and picked their hosts off on the counter. One of the two first half chances Locomotive created was converted, Diana Philipsson getting her first for the club following her signing last season. The same was true after the break as well, with Gayane Zakarian the scorer on this occasion (not quite her first ever in Steamers colours, mind).
              2-0 and no chances at all allowed for Sunhilla was enough to leave manager Viktor Boskovic purring. However despite their 100% record LNWR don’t lead Division 5:17 but instead sit second on goal difference.

Coxy Ladies Wulpen were looking to back up their opening win when they took on Warrior Girls.
              The first half in Flanders was relatively quiet, with just a strike by The Waders Laetitia Vandenbergh midway through the period being of note. However after the break things escalated quickly, with first Warrior Girls striking twice to turn the match on its head, then Zara Carey equalising only for the visitors to immediately make it 2-3, but even that wasn’t the end of the exchange as Vandenbergh brought the sides back all square again.
              There were a couple of late chances for Janik’s team to find the winner, but these came and went unconverted to leave an exciting game ending with the spoils shared. Coxy Ladies find themselves second in the Division 5:18 standings following this.

Solent Sirens travelled to Aspull Academicals in search of their first points of the campaign.
              The offering for the Moorside Chippy crowd was pretty dour as the two sides basically cancelled each other out. There would be but one shot in the entire match. Unfortunately for Andrew7610’s charges that lone effort proved enough to give Aspull the match 1-0.
              This section also brought the first OTF derby of the season as Witches of Chiswick hosted Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC.
              This match wouldn’t prove much more exciting than the Academicals-Sirens game. There were a handful of chances though, the first coming to the visiting Sea Spirits when Diksha Dalmiya broke clear in the 20th minute. Dalmiya attempted an accurate finish but actually dragged her shot well-wide. Three minutes later it was The Bewitched’s turn to have a player running clear as Terumi Ota broke into the Kanjeng box. Attempting to learn from Dalmiya’s mistake (she took her shot early), Ota held on to the ball and tried to round Kacey Rust, only to the have ball wiped off her laces by the quick reflexes of the Sea Spirits’ stopper.
              SeanoftheShed’s visitors had had more possession in the opening half, and created a chance to convert that into something more substantial in the 47th minute when a cross found the head of Tia Farisy. She attempted to be precise with her header, but put it precisely wide. And that was it for the action, with the only other incident of note being Kanjeng defender Simone Malmqvist going down with a 12-day knock. The Sea Spirits were left with a pretty inexperienced rearguard following Malmqvist’s departure, but Chiswick were not able to take advantage as, despite the urgings of manager Wilbflibl, they didn’t engineer another opening in the match.
              Those results leave the OTF sides in the following positions in the Division 5:21 standings: Kanjeng sit third on four points, level with the leaders and two others, the Bewitched are sixth with two points from two draws and The Sirens prop up the table following their opening two losses.

Csiki Girls attempt to consolidate following their promotion last term took them to Vasas Femina FC.
              The match would be something of a rearguard action for Ad Hoc’s charges as Vasas Femina hogged the ball for long periods. Their possession was rewarded with only a handful of chances, though they did convert one in the first half to give themselves the interval lead. However one goal is a precarious lead and on 72 minutes the Csiki got the opportunity they needed as a corner found its way to Solange Solas, on her debut following her signing for a seven-figure sum, which she finished neatly. Let’s hope she maintains that goal/game ratio for the rest of her time at A kertem!
              Csiki Girls two points from two games place them into mid-table in Division 5:31.

A renewal of acquaintances for Invisible Ladies as they faced yo-yo side FC Saik on one of the punny-ones upswings.
              The See-Throughs are looking for greater things than an existence which involves alternating between the bottom and second lowest tier, and Pebblethefish’s side continued their pursuit of that here as first half goals from Bea Ackling and Chelsea Paul established a comfortable lead that was never under the faintest threat of being relinquished. Indeed the visitors wouldn’t muster a single shot in the match.
              Invisible sit third on goal difference in the early Division 6:41 standings, one of three sides on maximum points following the opening two rounds of games.

A slow start fundamentally undermined Menywod Maeshafn’s promotion push last season, and there are worrying signs after their match at FR Timmer that they may be falling into the same trap again.
              The Welsh side rode their luck for much of the first half as they were repeatedly caught on the break, only for ‘keeper Hannele Sundvall to bail them on. However she couldn’t repeat the trick indefinitely and Maeshafn went into half-time a goal down.
              An injury (8 days) to defender Tina Käck didn’t help any after the interval, but despite that Nerea Etxarri was able to head an equaliser on 83 minutes. That looked like being enough to earn (OK ‘steal’) a draw for IsThatcherDeadYet’s outfit, up until Timmer struck again in the 90th minute.
              Maeshafn have just a solitary point to their name to date, which is only good enough for sixth place in the Division 6:55 standings.

24 matches, 2 relegations and 1 relocation had gone by without a single win since Mortal Joe took the reins at what is now Dublin City Womens FC. Game 25 saw them on the road at Dash Dolls. Would this, finally, be it?
              The first half signs were encouraging as Dublin had the better of possession and chances, not that the travelling support would have been quick to agree that this was looking promising as they are burdened by a number of matches that had started this way and ultimately panned out all wrong. On this occasion though the optimists were just about making their voices heard at half-time, one The Dubs took a goal to the good thanks to Ai Kamide’s 36th minute strike.
              There wasn’t room for comfort for Joe’s charges until a second was added. It finally came on 80 minutes from Bodil Thörnberg, making quick amends for her penalty miss last week as she blasted gleefully in from 30 yards. And that was that, against an actively managed side to boot (albeit I’m not entirely convinced that the Dash manager had set her side up for this one).
              The win took Dublin up to the giddy heights of fourth in Division 6:57.

Comment

Yikes I've just seen a player on sale for over 100 million econ for the first time..... a 27/17 vanilla defender. What is the world coming to???

Comment

That would be a monumentally stupid purchase for anyone.

Unless they're cheating.

Comment

More pressingly, RebelRebel, manager of Great Ouse Town (Ladies) in the Human League has announced his intention to quit.

If only there was a former manager out there, feeling the itch and wanting to Take Back Control of his former charges. RR assures me they are in good shape.

<projects Kev Sign onto moon, in defiance of science>

Comment

Two more red cross injuries today. Nurse! The screens!

Comment

So tomorrow is the big kick-off in OTF, anyone else excited? Division 1 looks terrifying.

Comment

Surely you should walk it, Sits, now Amwythig Dragons have gone up! Winky thing. Just make sure you play bruise against Hornville....hehe.

Yes, looking forward to Division 2 - can't see where the (easy) points are going to come from this year...

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
                            Just make sure you play bruise against Hornville....hehe.
                            Oi!

Comment

Obviously not.

Comment

GNR and Zeugmaspor produced a classic, as expected.
                                In response I've gone and spent 10 million econs on a midfielder, if you include the evaluation fee, and put my two experienced players up for sale. We're going for a season of goalless draws and development value.

Comment

Why do I keep being tempted to come back to this game?

Comment

It's a very good game.

Hideous Towns forgot to set tactics for the OTF start of season showdown. Amwythig are very grateful. Dandy Town's dominance of the Xpert XI does not bode well though.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                      It's a very good game.
                                      Often overlooked when focusing on sexists, cheating, lack of game development etc.

Berkshire Swine edged a tight 2-1 over Les Incoherents at Stef Tolsma Arena.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                        Often overlooked when focusing on sexists, cheating, lack of game development etc.

Berkshire Swine edged a tight 2-1 over Les Incoherents at Stef Tolsma Arena.
                                        That reminds me. Have you heard back from Wayne?

Comment

Insufficient evidence to convict, supposedly. Or arguably, he wimped out.

I'm now gathering evidence over the longer term and focusing on all three private teams. The first step is to obtain monthly "Bought players" snapshots for a while. That's the data you lose in the private leagues; once the player is gone all you have is the sold list so the profits are hidden.

I've told Wayne I'll be back.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                                            Why do I keep being tempted to come back to this game?
                                            Likewise. The globetrotting has ended now and was wondering how I get reinstated without all of the palaver of setting up a new email address etc etc.

Comment

foxy!

Comment

Hurrah!

Comment

GET IN

As the young folk were saying about a decade ago.

Comment

I think there's a "forgot password" thingy on the X11 site Foxy so you could use the same email.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X