No announcement yet.

X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome back delicatemoth. Delighted you decided to rejoin.

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
      Where was the Lazy Otter, in Norfolk?

By the way I've rejoined the Heineken League after Sean's post tempted me. My team is Hautcharage Ubu in division 10, and in previous incarnations they have twice won the second tier and once finished 3rd in the top flight. Sadly Luxembourgish isn't an option for youth nationality, so they have to be Belgian. Anyone wants a friendly, hit us up!
      Fanned you already.

The sadly departed Mortal Joe was a former manager I see.

Comment

Hautcharage is primarily French speaking, but it has a most excellent name in Luxemborgisch

Uewerkäerjeng

Comment

Hi Dm! It's Cambs - on the A10 between Cambridge and Ely.

Comment

Thanks Sean. X11 is odd with nationalities, I think Nigeria and Angola are the only sub-Saharan nations you can choose, but Surinam is in there. I've developed a thing about Luxembourg, partly from being into cycling. I'd happily supply the lists of names if they could be added to the game, but as previously noted it appears to be in a state of maintenance rather than development.

Yes, it's an honour to be one of the successors to a good chap such as Mortal Joe. I hope he's doing OK.

Comment

Impressive thoroughness to be monitoring the XPert11 thread, Ursus.

Comment

Should grab yourself a team, ursus...

And Kev, that's a shame about the Lazy Otter. I remember the name was built into your full stadium name at one point. I think I might even have included them as a 'sponsor' logo on one of my shirt designs for Great Ouse Town, as well.

Comment

Well done dm.

And UA did do a season in the OTF, I seem to remember the team was a little bit Barça.
                  Last edited by Sits; 31-01-2020, 10:56.

Comment

For some reason I've never warmed to my Zeugma side in the J4GL so I've decided to sell all of the players that I'd inherited plus others and buy in some veterans to start again. I'm also considering renaming the players but cannot think of an original concept.

Comment

I did that recently in the same league. Actually I shifted teams^ which I’ve never done before, leaving Nakuru Warthogs and establishing Deerfield Durocs. Then I got bored with the brand and they became Oxford Sandy & Blacks as I had a great logo available and discovered ancestry in Oxfordshire.

^much to VA’s disappointment as he’d created me the Warthogs’ identity. On the plus side I’ve resurrected the excellent kits he did me for Tamworth Reds.

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                        Whoft Fluffopolis are on the hunt for a new youth academy manager. After defender Lamphrey Surfeit (36) and midfielder Randy Challenger (35) announced their intentions to retire at the end of the next season, the 4-star rated, 250k econs a week academy managed to throw up a 19/4 vanilla forward who was quickly and unceremoniously despatched to the black hole of the game where such players belong.
                        So the academy manager went back to his youthful charges, had a hunt around (aka pulled his finger from out of his arse) and has given the first team 18/5 defender Horace Odes who, as well as being majestic in the air, is also fleet of foot too. Well done academy manager!

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                          ^much to VA’s disappointment as he’d created me the Warthogs’ identity. On the plus side I’ve resurrected the excellent kits he did me for Tamworth Reds.
                          Very recognizable. Every once in a while I get an itch to resurrect Iko Ka Kansai in some league, purely to have those wonderful VA Sports kits in use again. But I know that it would never be like the first time.

Comment

My ears were burning – thanks guys for the kind words!

I've indeed been pleased to see the Sandy & Blacks reusing the Tamworth Reds kits, Sits, so that made up for you losing the Warthogs even though I thought they were a great identity.

Haven't made any kits for a while now: not least because after going through several iterations of shirt design for all of my clubs, they've mostly ended up with something that I'd refined to the point where I can't find much improvement – er, if I say so myself. With so many of my teams in their offseasons right now, this week would be an ideal opportunity for a big overhaul though if I were feeling inspired... which I'm not terribly.

Vita Mortis are the ones most in need of a new kit, arguably, as not only is the present one fairly vintage at this point, but I actually designed it before the previous couple of shirts they used – I only went back to this unused one when I reverted the club colours to brown after a lengthy spell experimenting with black, white and grey. That must be a good ten seasons ago, but I think I designed it originally for about Season 42.

Comment

If you are making new kits we'd love a red and black one. And that really is an if not a request.

Comment

Hah, well if you've any particular look in mind then please do let me know.

According to my saved files the current Mortis 'Asics' style (as in Norwich City c.1989-92) dates to April 2016, and was indeed apparently designed with Season 42 in mind, though the ones we actually used for that season (with a diagonal sash design) date from that July. I seem to have gone over to the current style around Season 44, then flipped to using its brown variant in Season 47.

So I've actually just been trying these last few minutes to come up with a new Mortis one, though not with any super success. And I say "new", but I mean taking as a starting point an abortive effort from the April before last – so I could clearly use some inspiration...!
                                Last edited by Various Artist; 22-01-2020, 18:16.

Comment

You're after a new template idea? How about the current Hull City one?

Comment

Crikey, what the tiger-striped one Kev? I think I might pass on that one if it's all the same to you

Comment

Of course, if I do what Norwich did, I should follow up the Asics one with a 'confetti'/bird-dropping-splattered one, shouldn't I?

Comment

Yes, and why not eh? You could even have the splattering in Mortis brown....

Comment

I was sorely tempted, and maybe for our next iteration...

Instead, though, I've gone for something a bit simpler via playing with incorporating our 'VA' logo into the design itself – ending up with this:

Comment

Ooh nice. Put that in red/black and AE will have your hand off.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                              Ooh nice. Put that in red/black and AE will have your hand off.
                                              Yep. They look lovely. It's a pity there's no Kevchenko to have those in navy and gold.

Comment

It's been a while... Have I missed anything?

Comment

No. Etienne's still winning just about everything - occasionally someone else beats him.... Nice to see you back pebble

Comment

Managed to reach the final of the MLX cup but lost to Gotham City. Had one of my midfielders out injured which made a difference, not sure I would have won but I'd have had the edge in midfield. I gambled on buying a replacement for a shade over a million but he didn't perform.

Now it's back to the relegation battle, I need a point on Sunday to stay up, I could even sneak into the play offs if results go my way but relegation would be a disaster.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X