X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got an 18/3. And we didn't get 4 double jumps. You ain't getting no sympathy here.

Comment

Luxury. We got a 20/4 Dyer

Comment

Sits wrote: What, you've bid? Assume you've now slashed it to the bare minimum bid the game will allow?

I think I've seen this once before. I didn't bid.
        Did that straight away, thankfully got out bid.

I've been shopping in the MLX , there are some bargains around at the moment.

Comment

Rmy100 of Gotham City has posted on the forum of MLX about wanting to merge a non VIP league, he seems like a decent guy and so I've suggested either Sean or Valv(sic) to post. Not sure what you think.

Comment

That's it - I'm out.

(I won't say as much as I'd like to, since I know some of you are trying to recruit.)

But I haven't enjoyed the game for over a season with each of my teams, now. I keep on hanging on, saying to myself that I'll persevere for one more season and ...well, it just feels like an utter chore now. I actually loathe logging on!

I've really only been hanging around to see what happened to each of my most promising youngsters. (Akam Baralla, Annabella Ablett and Nolan Clarke, since I know that anyone fitting that description is pretty hard to spot in my teams.) But now I know how they're doing, I feel like I've got less than ever to stick around for.

And today I got yet another sizable injury to a player (and the one I can afford to lose the least, of course) who also had a massive injury, last season, and it's just the straw that broke the camel's back.

"When it stops being fun, stop" they say. Well...

Apologies for the short notice. The timing was bound to be bad for at least one of you admins, whenever it happened, but with the league starts always being staggered it was going to be bad for someone, whenever it happened. And it was going to happen.

Oh, and Bene Gesserit (for some reason) received a 17/4 D with Twoface, yesterday, so it's not for lack of luck with the youth that I'm leaving.

If some of you ever start up a league in a Fantasy management game that's a little more fun or transparent, I might be tempted. But this one? Nah!

If you league admins want me to remove this post, let me know and I will do. I had to be honest about my reasons for leaving, though.

Just let me know what I need to do next.

Comment

Antepli Ejderha wrote: Rmy100 of Gotham City has posted on the forum of MLX about wanting to merge a non VIP league, he seems like a decent guy and so I've suggested either Sean or Valv(sic) to post. Not sure what you think.
              We're only two games in over at the Heineken League, so it would be another 10 weeks before that could happen. The Brythonnic will be all over after the next game though.

Comment

That's what I thought Sean.

Really sorry to hear this Clive. Are you sure that there's not one team you could continue with?

Comment

Bugger me, Clive. I'd normally persuade you to stick around, but I think you are way past that. If you want me to deactivate you in the Heineken League then just let me know. I'm happy to leave you in place for a while in case you do change your mind though.

Comment

Yeah, that'd be good, thanks, Sean.

I knew that I could delete my profile from there entirely, but that would have just seemed rude, frankly.

Comment

Taste Of Dunfermline aren't in too bad a shape, actually (at the moment) if you're trying to tempt people in.

Comment

Fair enough, I will deactivate you presently.

Comment

We'll be sorry to see you go Clive, but if you're not enjoying it that's fair enough.

I feel slightly better after Tobermory's humbling yesterday, as both Bignor Roman Villa won and [spoiler]Hammerpot won too[/spoiler] today. In the case of the former, it's been a weird start to the season - despite surely being strong enough to stay up, we've just not clicked - so hopefully three wins in four (including the cup) means we're now building some momentum.

Cosimo Colle continues to excel - he's now on 105 goals from 239 games and was (I'm reasonably certain) the first player I bought, way back in November 2014. Has it really been that long?! As I recall, I first joined the OTF league two or three months before and had my official team a couple of months before that*, so I must be approaching three years of X11 now. Not nearly as long as some of you I know, but still.

* I applied for OTF just after the season had started so had to wait while that was played out before joining

Comment

evilC wrote: Yeah, that'd be good, thanks, Sean.

I knew that I could delete my profile from there entirely, but that would have just seemed rude, frankly.
                            Oh. Oops.

Comment

Sorry to hear it Clive. Drop in now and then for the Bantz.

Comment

Sits wrote: Sorry to hear it Clive. Drop in now and then for the Bantz.
                                Cheers, Sits - I shall. I'll still be quite interested in what fate befalls my former charges, of course.

Comment

[spoiler]The Brythonnic League: the place to be for OTFers this afternoon/tonight depending where you live.

Many congratulations VA on Raedfearne Islamd posting a thumping 6-0 victory to seal their 4th title.

Sulawesi Babirusas (me), Racing Club Roquefort (Sean) and Chester St Oswalds (Cota/Victor) all promoted from the Fourth Division. [/spoiler]

Comment

Hey evilC. I was just going to deactivate you from Strathcarnage, and saw that you had logged in again this morning. Are you certain you want to quit? I wouldn't want to keep you if it wasn't fun, but didn't want to sack you if you'd changed your mind.

Comment

X11 Ladies Cup R2. Everybody in. But would any got out?

Code:
                                      ChromosomXX		0 - 3	Drakaina
                                      Falkenäng 12'
                                      Colceag 15'
                                      Silvia Atum (pen) 82'

Drakaina		2 - 0	ChromosomXX
                                      Colceag 26'
                                      Panagoulis 32' 

Drakaina win 5-0 on aggregate

Csiki Girls		2 - 0	Confused in Kålltorp
                                      Kalinovic (O.G.) 18'
                                      Hendry 76'

Confused in Kålltorp	2 - 0	Csiki Girls
                                      Kalebjian 24'		A.E.T.
                                      Simons 90'
                                      Liina Äärelä
                                      2-2 on aggregate, Csiki Girls win 9-8 on penalties

Dublin City Womens FC	0 - 0	Yopney St Oh

Yopney St Oh		0 - 1	Dublin City Womens FC
                                      Kåmark 57'

Dublin win 1-0 on aggregate

Invisible Ladies	0 - 1	Caritas FC
                                      Sorin 52'

Caritas FC		1 - 0	Invisible Ladies
                                      Chambers 20'

Caritas win 2-0 on aggregate

LNWR Locomotive		1 - 1	Olstorps Wifetimbers
                                      Hutson 87'			Justrell 81'

Olstorps Wifetimbers	0 - 0	LNWR Locomotive

1-1 on aggregate, Olstorps win on away goals

Menywod Maeshafn	0 - 0	La Teja CFF

La Teja CFF		1 - 1	Menywod Maeshafn
                                      Giménez 30'			Lydell 89'

1-1 on aggregate, Maeshafn win on away goals

FC Pito			0 - 4	Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC
                                      Dalmiya 61'
                                      Azeite 72'
                                      Prins 83'
                                      Pailloux 90'

Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC	1 - 1	FC Pito
                                      Prins 51'			Nazaré 71'

Kanjeng win 5-1 on aggregate

Scary Jointers FC	1 - 3	Witches of Chiswick
                                      Liljegren 15'			Flinn 10'
                                      Mindao 13'
                                      McKenzie 78'

Witches of Chiswick	4 - 0	Scary Jointers FC
                                      Granny Kim (O.G.) 33'
                                      Natalie Mercier 43'
                                      Terumi Ota 58', 66'

Chiswick win 7-1 on aggregate

Solent Sirens		3 - 0	Touras FC
                                      de Beauvoir 43'
                                      Ewertsson 46', 52'

Touras FC		2 - 1	Solent Sirens
                                      Millo 9'			Cruchaga 25'
                                      Patrícia Amarante 89'

Solent win 4-2 on aggregate

St Trinians		0 - 3	Viking South Utsira
                                      Dagger (sent off) 92'		Jönsson 16', 23'
                                      E.Klovning 73'

Viking South Utsira	6 - 1	St Trinians
                                      Quental 8', 43'			Byquist 30'
                                      H.Hovland 13'
                                      B.Kvalvik 73'
                                      Fudida 80'
                                      E.Klovning 83'

Viking win 9-1 on aggregate

Svenska Kyrkans Elva	0 - 2	Coxy Ladies Wulpen
                                      Kerckhoeven 24'
                                      Carey 43'

Coxy Ladies Wulpen	2 - 1	Svenska Kyrkans Elva
                                      Vandenbergh 37'			Lilás 31'
                                      Carey 81'			Lilás (sent off) 89'

Wulpen win 4-1 on aggregate
                                      Drakaina opened their cup campaign against Division 6 outfit ChromosomXX.
                                      The first leg, at DNA, was characterised by a “somewhat minimalist” strategy from the host, whose boss Lampertron may have forgotten to set his tactics. Bloody absent-minded scientists. The Dragons took advantage of this netting two quick goals from free-kicks, Adina Colceag picking out Adele Falkenäng for the first and then deciding that was overly complex and simply putting the second directly into the goal.
                                      15 minutes in and two up away from home, was a strong position for Etienne’s side, which got even stronger when The Dragons were awarded an 82nd minute penalty, Silvia Atum doing the honours.
                                      The return wasn’t quite a formality, ChromosomXX are too good a side for that, but was still a very straightforward task for the Greek side. Another direct free-kick from Colceag set them on their way on 26 minutes, Adonia Panagoulis heading home a second from a corner six minutes later. The visitors did have the ball in the hosts net after the break, but it was disallowed to leave the aggregate 5-0.
                                      Next up for Drakaina is Division 5:14 side Traktorista Hohenebra, the first leg taking place in Germany.

Playing a Division up was the challenge for Csiki Girls against sixth-tier Confused in Kålltorp.
                                      The opening leg was at A kertem, and it proved to be a pretty even affair by all measures except the most important one. The first half was 50-50 on possession and 1-1 on chances, but with just one goal scored by Kålltorp’s Ivana Kalinovic. Fortunately for Ad Hoc’s side, she directed it into her own net!
                                      After the break was more of the same, though this time the Kålltorp players were aiming the right way... only for their 56th minute strike to be ruled out by referee Al Reddy. That meant it was still 1-0 to the Csiki’s when Katy Hendry steered home from a free-kick with 76 on the clock.
                                      The only real bit of bad news for the Csiki’s from the opening leg was an 11-day injury for Saoirse McInns, which kept her out of the return. In her absence, veteran Ann-Sofie Carlberg led the line, in theory a lonely furrow in a 5-4-1 defensive set which didn’t turn out that way as The Csiki’s fired shots in at the home goal. Only problem, they didn’t score from any of their six attempts.
                                      This wasn’t looking too disastrous when Kålltorp had just fashioned one of their own, though they did convert that. Until, that is, a second sight of goal was manufactured in the 90th minute – this was also finished off to take the tie to an unlikely extra-time.
                                      The spare 30 minutes passed by rapidly, and it was on to penalties to decide a tie that Csiki girls looked to have well wrapped up. These proved very dramatic as each side converted their first 8. The Csiki’s were taking first, and having reached their ninth taker found young forward Julie Plummer (a sub for Carlberg) stepping up. The pressure proved too much as Plummer missed, to leave Romanian hopes hanging by a thread. It all depended on Emma Laude, who, let’s not forget, stood at an appalling 10 shots faced, 10 goals conceded by this point. However comment the hour, comment the Lady as Laude finally found an attempt she could deal with.
                                      Relieved, Laude then took the ball herself and fair hammered it past opposite number Liina Äärelä. The two then swapped places, with Laude, a possible villain up until the last few passages of play, making herself the heroine for the night by saving to send Csiki Girls through.
                                      Their reward is two matches with FC Barlingbo of Division 4a. Everyone will be hoping for something a little less stressful.

The Cup provided a welcome break from league struggles for Dublin City Womens FC as they took on Nmrfox’s old Yopney St Oh side, which currently operates at Division 5 level, though probably not for long as The Ohs are still without a manager.
                                      The opening leg at Phoenix Park was Dublin huffing and puffing at The Ohs door, but simply unable to blow it down. With Yopney offering no threat of their own, it made for a stalemate with just a six-day injury for Dubs defender Vivian Ryding as a takeaway.
                                      Ryding was back for the return at the Jim Coombes Ginnel, which has not proved a happy hunting ground for the home side since their relocation there. The visitors were determined to continue that trend, once again creating four chances to Yopney’s zero in the game. This time, however, one was converted when Veronica Kåmark found the target from 30 yards.
                                      As an away goal that morelorless killed the tie despite their being just over half-an-hour to play, with Mortal Joe’s side advancing to a meeting with fellow Division 5 side The Mass WFC.

A tough challenge faced Invisible Ladies as they took on Caritas FC, who operate two tiers higher in Division 4.
                                      The See Throughs would make a good fist of things, giving nearly as good as they got in the opening leg at The San Seethrough. Caritas shaded territory and chances, and also, crucially, the score as they netted the game’s only goal on 52 minutes.
                                      That wasn’t a complete disaster for Invisible, as at least a 0-1 home defeat means that elimination on away goals becomes an impossibility. That is because, to tie the scores, The See Throughs would have to score at least one in the return at the Maracaná. Pebblethefish’s side went about their task diligently, creating a number of chances but unfortunately finding home ‘keeper Gisela Pedro in outstanding form.
                                      To compound matters Caritas scored after 20 minutes with what would prove their only attempt of the second leg. Chances kept mounting for The See Throughs to give their side hop, but ultimately none would be taken as Invisible slipped from view in the Cup for another season.

LNWR Locomotive faced opposition from a tier below, but ones with a higher seeding as they took on Division 6 outfit Olstorps Wifetimbers.
                                      The opening leg at Mollington Street showed how much of a handful Olstorps would prove for The Steamers, as they shaded possession and chances in both halves of the match. However LNWR were holding out thanks for some staunch defending led by man-of-the-match Ragna Hofvander, up until the 81st minute when the Wifetimbers finally got a reward for their progressive play.
                                      An away goal left Viktor Boskovic’s side in a poor position, though one they improved prior to the end of the first leg when Kaitlyn Hutson headed in a corner with three minutes plus stoppages left to at least mean the aggregate score was level going into the second game.
                                      The second leg was equally tight, with the Wifetimbers this time opting for a very defensive set. This was sensible enough given that The Steamers had to score or go out. Locomotive were restricted to just two chances in the game, and unfortunately neither was converted as they were left to concentrate on the league. They would do so, at least for a game, without defender Narcisa Mocãnitã after she picked up a seven day knock late in the first half.

Clear underdog status was conferred on Menywod Maeshafn after the draw paired them with Division 4 outfit La Teja CFF.
                                      The Welsh side made light of the two levels between the sides in the opening leg at Maeshafn as they took the game to La Teja. The away goalkeeper, Jessica Martinez, would prove the busier throughout, but successfully so as she saw off the three shots she faced as part of a grade 21 performance! I didn’t even know scores went that high... That showing made Hannele Sundvall’s performance seem positively pedestrian, even though at grade 15 it was perfectly praiseworthy in isolation and was also good enough to deal with the situation the one time she was called on.
                                      The second leg opened without Nerea Etxarri in IsThatcherDeadYet’s XI as she had picked up a 9-day knock in the opening game, so wasn’t quite ready to return. The first half saw La Teja had put together their only spell of dominance of the tie which culminated in an opening goal after 30 minutes.
                                      Etxarri’s teammates did her proud after the break, once again having the better of La Teja in open play, creating a slew of chances as they chased the equaliser that would turn the game on its head. However they again founder on Martinez (just the grade 20 this time), until the clock reached the 89th minute when Ellinor Lydell was presented with a chance and put it so accurately into the corner than not even Martinez could keep it out.
                                      Lydell, btw, was making her debut in Maeshafn colours after a 5 million econ move just a few days prior to the game. Getting the decisive goal in a cup tie, her strike edged her new side through on away goals, is some way to start. Notably though it was the ninth chance the Welsh had fashioned over the two matches, against just five by La Teja, so one couldn’t say their progress wasn’t justified. Their next challenge will be Ambush Ladies FC of Division 5:23, with the first leg in Maeshafn.

Giving sexism a good kicking was the name of the game for Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC against the low-cut tank tops of FC Pito.
                                      Things weren’t exactly going to plan at half-time of the opening leg, which was scoreless and indeed chanceless. Did manager SeanoftheShed tear into the Sea Goddesses at half-time? Unknown, but whatever the cause they were a side transformed in the second period, raining shots in on the home net. It still took until past the hour for Diksha Dalmiya’s long ranger to open the scoring, but once she had the floodgates opened, Leila Azeite blasting home a direct free-kick on 72, Cindy Prins nodding a third after 83 and Adèle Pailloux doing likewise from a 90th minute corner.
                                      Four up from the away leg, Kanjeng rather took their foot off the pedal in the return. Prins did smack home a 25-yarder to make the aggregate lead five on 51 minutes, but was answered in kind on 71. Pito deserved a goal on the balance of play of the second leg, though all their manager deserves is a swift kick in the knackers.
                                      The Sea Spirits will face Halmias Spelarfruar of Division 5:3 in Round 3.

The cladding of Witches of Chiswick’s round 2 opponents, Scary Jointers FC from Division 6, was rather more appetising with its extremely prominent skull motif, the empty staring eye sockets being the most notable feature.
                                      Not the sort of thing to put off a side of Witches, of course. Chiswick merely felt at home with some like minded souls and promptly set about displaying their comfort by means of scoring goals. Kathryn Flinn headed the opener from a corner on 10 minutes and just three minutes later it was two after Marianna Mindao also nodded home.
                                      The hosts slowed down The Bewitched’s progress by getting one swiftly back, with the match settling into a pattern of ebb and flow, though with more ebb if ebb means Chiswick attacks. These were eventually reward when Janie McKenzie became the fourth player to head home on the day, finding the target after 78 minutes.
                                      The return was basically a formality for Wiblflibl’s side, but that didn’t stop them putting on a show for the Field Lane crowd. The Bewitched were given a helping hand to start when Granny Kim put through her own net after 33 minutes. Following that it was all their own doing, Natalie Mercier heading home just before the break and Terumi Ota striking twice after it.
                                      A side from a tier below, Mata Sati of Division 6:12, awaits in Round 3.

Solent Sirens may have been the lower seeds against Touras FC, but operating one Division higher than Touras’ Division 6 made Andrew7610’s girls the favourites for this tie.
                                      Solent set about living up to their billing in the opening leg, brushing off the early departure of Evelyn Högardh on a stretcher (she will be out for 9 days) to dominate the encounter. The scoreline reflected the play, as Simone de Beauvoir put The Sirens in front just before the interval and Tove Ewertsson added two more in quick succession after the break.
                                      Three up going into the away leg, the main aim for the South Coast side was an away goal to really finish things off. Looking for that may have cost them a goal when Touras took the lead on 9 minutes, but it paid off on 25 when Angela Cruchaga’s shot from distance nestled sweetly in the corner of the net.
                                      The teams exchanged disallowed goals in the second half (Marlene Stieglecker the player denied for The Sirens) before Touras got a consolation with a minute plus stoppages remaining. However the play in this period was really just playing out time, as the tie was over as soon as Cruchaga had struck.
                                      Solent’s draw for the next stage looks rather daunting. They play crack Division 1a outfit and overall number 37 seeds Cutty Sark Crew.

Would Jolly Hockeysticks trouble Viking South Utsira as they took on St Trinians? The schoolgirls must certainly have been hoping it wouldn’t come down to a test of Footballing skill, because there was only ever going to be one winner of that.
                                      Which made the referee Stellan Offsajed ‘s insistence on imposing the rules rather than laughing off fouls with a “Girls will be girls. And she probably didn’t mean it, anyway” the decisive factor in the match. Three yellow cards for Trinians in the first 11 minutes was swiftly followed by two Moa Jönsson goals direct from free-kicks as the Blood Eagles adults showed their hosts that actions can have consequences.
                                      Emilie Klovning headed a third for Velvet Android’s side two-thirds of the way through the second-half, before St Trinians were given one last slap across the knuckles when Vicki Dagger was sent off in stoppage time for a second bookable offence.
                                      The Blood Eagles continued to show their opponents what being a big girl entails in the second leg, Lurdes Quental and Heidi Hovland striking twice early on. Trinnys showed a spark of defiance as they pulled one back a few minutes after having another disallowed (bloody spoilsport teachers), but then it was back to the punishment, Quental notching her second direct free-kick just before the interval. The second-half was just a hiding, with Bergljot Kvalvik, Manuças Fudida and Emilie Klovning all scoring to make the final score a very lopsided 9-1.
                                      Things ratchet up considerably for VSU at the next stage as they take on Hammer Throwers, named after the field event and not the Olympic Stadium thieves. This is a slightly frustrating draw for both sides as the two will also meet twice in Division 3d this season.

Two tiers separated Coxy Ladies Wulpen from their R2 opponents Svenska Kyrkans Elva, with the advantage being in The Waders favour.
                                      Wulpen did their best to prove the gap in class in the opening leg at Dopfunten, holding the majority of possession and not allowing Kyrkans a single attempt at goal all match. Meanwhile The Waders were creating a decent amount of openings of their own, with two goals coming from them after 24 and 43 minutes from Noémie Kerckhoeven and Zara Carey respectively.
                                      Those two strikes actually came from the only two openings Janik’s side created before half-time, whilst in the second-half three went by unconverted. That 0% conversion rate was only the case due to referee Seymour Red spotting an infringement when Laetitia Vandenbergh stroked home late on.
                                      It would have taken something of an implosion for The Waders to blow their advantage at home in the second leg, though one was briefly threatened when the Swedes took the lead after 31 minutes. However this just prompted Vandenbergh to make up for her disallowed goal from the opening leg, levelling up after her side had been behind on the night for just six minutes. There was one more brief scare for the Flanders outfit when Kyrkans had a strike disallowed on 79 minutes, and event that prompted Carey to finally make the tie safe by turning home a corner on 81. The final few minutes saw Érica Lilás sent off for the away side and Ursula Madjarevic denied a stoppage time goal by Tony Nolan’s whistle.
                                      Next up for Wulpen is two matches against Division 5:6 side Odenplan Rovers.

Round 3 draw - first listed teams home in opening leg
                                      Code:
                                      Traktorista Hohenebra (5:14)	vs	Drakaina
                                      Csiki Girls			vs	FC Barlingbo (4a)
                                      Dublin City Womens FC		vs	The Mass WFC (5:9)
                                      Menywod Maeshafn		vs	Ambush Ladies FC (5:23)
                                      Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC		vs	Halmias Spelarfruar (5:3)
                                      Witches of Chiswick		vs	Mata Sati (6:12)
                                      Solent Sirens			vs	Cutty Sark Crew (1a)
                                      Hammer Throwers (3d)		vs	Viking South Utsira
                                      Odenplan Rovers (5:6)		vs	Coxy Ladies Wulpen

Comment

Etienne wrote: Hey evilC. I was just going to deactivate you from Strathcarnage, and saw that you had logged in again this morning. Are you certain you want to quit? I wouldn't want to keep you if it wasn't fun, but didn't want to sack you if you'd changed your mind.
                                        Yeah, I just logged in to set my team(s) up one last time, in formations that should hopefully make them slightly more competitive than the average zombie team, and to spend all my cash on training.

Please do go ahead and deactivate me now. Cheers.

Comment

I'll do the same Clive. You'll always be welcome back.

Comment

Would've put up Sulawesi Babirusas' DVs but TinyPic is playing up. I do have an 18 DV in there though.

Comment

Blimey, didn't realise it was so long since I'd looked in here. Gutted to discover you're quitting Clive, you've always been one of our most interesting, and interested, players ever since you (re)joined. I understand how the vagaries of the game can grate, of course, so I can see where you're coming from, but still it's a massive shame to hear you're jacking it in. Thanks for adding a real je ne sais quoi to the communal X11 experience mate, I'll be sorry not to read your thoughts, plans and updates here.

Comment

Sits wrote: The Brythonnic League: the place to be for OTFers this afternoon/tonight depending where you live.

Many congratulations VA on Raedfearne Islamd posting a thumping 6-0 victory to seal their 4th title.

Sulawesi Babirusas (me), Racing Club Roquefort (Sean) and Chester St Oswalds (Cota/Victor) all promoted from the Fourth Division.
                                                And Sits is too modest to point out that Sulawesi pipped RCR to the title by a point today – thanks to beating Nyth Wobbegong, where SdR has recently taken up the reins from Foxy. Alas the latter are accompanying MortalJoe's new charges Tullamore Town down to the Fifth Division, but it was fantastic to see Cota clinch 3rd spot in the Fourth with CSO to make it an OTF clean sweep of the promotion places there.

Coming up from the Fifth, too, are Valerlads, who were formed by Scultura (Kernow Kensa, Kernewek Ladies, Cornish Crew etc.) at the same time as Sulawesi, Nyth and Chester St Oswalds and are now climbing out of the bottom tier in their wake. Perhaps the story of the day though was AuntieBeryl engineering a miraculous relegation escape in the Third with Clash City Rovers by taking four points from his last two games – which were against the two teams who'd dominated that division, unbeaten until this last week, for the entire season.

And yes, as Sits notes, Rædfearne Island completed an almost entirely accidental charge for the league championship in style today, dodging a potential banana skin too as we were up against one of the mercurial Ferrari1rad's many parallel iterations of Sinners Never Sleep who got a really good result three days ago to beat the drop. Was a bit nervy for a good while today, but once our second goal went in though we were home and dry, eventually crushing them 6-0 to take the crown by two points from our old Brythonnic League rivals Shurnway Knights. They'd been runaway leaders for most of the season yet we overhauled them after winning 1-0 at their place on Tuesday, where they'd been 8-0-0 previously so that was the really remarkable result, cementing an implausible 8-point swing in our favour over the final five matches.

It's our third title in club history actually Sits, by the way – and only the first in this league, having won the previous pair in the former Brythonnic League before moving across in a merger two years ago. Was particularly pleasing to do it with a quartet of players still surviving in my squad from those days, too, especially talismanic midfielder Elois Llewellyn George who's completed his best season since that move with a hat-trick of assists today.

With the big teams from subsequent mergers gradually rising toward the top tier, the difficulty of winning the league is only going to spike, so it was extra pleasing to have won it today in what was realistically our only quarter-decent shot for the foreseeable future. To have done it with a weaker side than that which won the Second Division last season is nuts, and with a largely skeleton crew – our squad has looked desperately thin in numbers and quality all season, but we've been terribly fortunate with avoiding injuries almost completely.
                                                To put our 'strength in depth' in context, we've only had three real defenders since our best player retired a season ago, and were down to two today so I had to give a debut – in the championship finale! – to an 18/4 D who came from the academy on April Fool's Day and who had never played, wouldn't sell and obviously hasn't developed so he'll certainly never play again. It's fair to say young Henry Kelvin Jones has just carved himself a unique place in RIFC folklore. As a reward, he will now get sacked tomorrow instead of tonight.

Comment

Clive, sorry to say I'm about to go and sack you in the Human League. But everything VA said.

Comment

Final DV for Racing Club Roquefort in the Brythonnic:

Not too bad, but there are a couple of players who could have done better. Because it's my first full season in charge I'm not sure how well the players are going to do in the CR, but whatever happens I will likely be continuing with much of this squad as funds are rather limited.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X