No announcement yet.

Blood Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More cards than 2e Talisman with all expansions.

Comment

Probably did that wrong!

Comment

IMG_2247.jpg

Comment

Fantastic! A mate has a few sets from that edition, but we still tend to play 2e. There's a class, fairly cheap, Android version of it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bermuda Iron View Post

Wasn't that American Football game Statis Pro? I had that game, it had a green gridiron pitch with a small plastic American football. Shit loads of cards for each team iirc, that you had to line up in formation.
            Yes, that's the one! I was struggling to remember the name. Think I had the 1986 Season edition. It was ridiculously complex but I absolutely loved pouring over all the stats.

Comment

Part 2 of that Gorkamorka history isn't really about Gorkamorka. It's about sales and company culture. Some of the stuff from the Little Red Book is horrifying.

Comment

So, I played in a mini Blood Bowl tournament today which is the start of our gaming club league, there were 8 of us, playing 3 games each, using a "random' first round pairing and then "Swiss" match ups after that (so if you won your game you'd play someone else who won their game, if you lost you played someone else who lost, etc).

Despite not having played BB since the 1st edition back in the 1980s I managed to draw my first game (my Orcs against a mixed Chaos team) 1-1, my score coming from an unlikely series of events including a successful throw and catch by the notoriously clumsy orcs, and then win my second, 2-1 (again, against a mixed Chaos team), actually a more comfortable victory than it seems as my opponent scored a consolation touchdown with his final turn of the game. My orcs were pretty brutal, injuring and killing several opposition players whilst I got off fairly injury free.

Unfortunately my final opponent had to leave early so we're lined up to play on Tuesday night. With the way the results went I'll either finish 1st or 3rd, either of which is fine with me, to be honest, I was just happy not to get completely smashed in either of my two games.

Have to say my success was down to two very sporting opponents, who both helped me immensely with the rules, and some seriously hot dice when it really mattered.

Great fun and will definitely be something to play when I fancy getting away from WW2.

Comment

So I played my third and final game in the Frozen Bowl and narrowly lost 1-0, securing 3rd spot in the mini-tournament, which I'm more than happy with, especially as my opponent had previously battered his previous two challengers.

My Orcs continued their run of being pretty brutal and injured several of their Norse rivals.

Comment

Hachette has released a new GW partwork, this time based on Age of Sigmar. I bought one because it came with a sprue with 3 figures on, some dice, a play mat and a magazine thing for just £2.99. The sprue contains an alternate arm for the orruk guy and an alternate head for the stormbringer so I might get another one and build alternative versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                      Hachette has released a new GW partwork, this time based on Age of Sigmar. I bought one because it came with a sprue with 3 figures on, some dice, a play mat and a magazine thing for just £2.99. The sprue contains an alternate arm for the orruk guy and an alternate head for the stormbringer so I might get another one and build alternative versions.
                      That looks quite good, I'd be interested to know your thoughts on it and whether it's worth getting.

Comment

Originally posted by Tratorello View Post

That looks quite good, I'd be interested to know your thoughts on it and whether it's worth getting.
                        I usually only buy the first instalment.

I think for £3 it's reasonable value. I haven't built them yet though. I still have some Necrons from the last partwork.

The best first instalment was a few years ago where it came with 3 space marines, a brush and some paint for £1.99. Inflation, eh...

Comment

Quite the collection of miniatures here, 'loosely' based on a certain film.

https://haylandterrain.com/collectio...cDjZprkDENJ-De

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                            Quite the collection of miniatures here, 'loosely' based on a certain film.

https://haylandterrain.com/collectio...cDjZprkDENJ-De
                            I saw those recently and was tempted but I can't really afford to add to my "pile of shame".

Comment

I've bought an Elven Union team. It was in the first reboot packaging so £8 below current RRP.

I didn't need another team but i didn’t not need it either.

Comment

If you're on BluSky (let me know if you want an invite code) do follow https://bsky.app/profile/cerberusxt.bsky.social who is a fantastic painter. They do minis in pride themes. Like so.

Comment

Wahey! Played a game tonight. I was the manager of an Orc team up against Lizard-men. The Orcs were out-muscled by the big saurus blockers allowing two little skinks to run away with loose balls and score touchdowns. Final score 0-2 to the reptiles.

Action shot from the game

Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 11-01-2024, 23:21.

Comment

Game 2 of 2024. This time it was semi-painted humans (uniforms not faces and hands) versus semi-painted dwarfs. I was managing the humans and won 2-0, including successfully rushing 2 extra yards to score a touchdown with my very last turn.

Comment

As I'm on a kick with this, I built my 2 skaven star players today. Everyone say hello to Glart Smashrip and Hakflem Skuttlespike.

These were Forgeworld resin kits assembled using superglue. I now have superglue fingers. Painting to follow at an undetermined future point.

Comment

I'll confess that I don;t really know what this thread or what its limits are. So apologies if I'm about to break any rules. But last Friday I went to this crappy little museum in a crappy little town, which had just two exhibits. The first was of the world's largest intact mastodon skeleton which was dug out of an open cast coal mine just a few kilometres away. The second was these amazing dioramas of battles from Transylvanian history. Every single one involved hundreds of hand painted lead figures - all done by one bloke. They were absolutely incredible. There is no way I could possibly do them justice in words

Comment

It's fine ad hoc Great pics.

Comment

Remember when I bought the second season box set and said I had a lot of building to do? Three years later I've built the first model from the box. Everyone, meet my version of Varag Ghoulchewer. I didn't like the silly corpse stuck on one of his armour plates so have left that off. I'm going to call him Garav Foolchewer.

Comment

Comment

Counted up my Blood Bowl stuff today. I've acquired 10 teams since January 2017. 4 of them are still unbuilt. Most of the six that are assembled are unpainted.

Comment

I learned tonight it takes about the length of an FA Cup replay to build a Blood Bowl team.

Black.orcs are done!

Comment

Here's a top tip. If you have two sprues with alternate heads / limbs for your models, use the spare ones off the first sprue when you build the second sprue. It's much easier to have a sprue full of bonus heads than have them loose.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X