No announcement yet.

Blood Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painting up some Italian WW2 Bersaglieri in Desert Uniforms and I appear to have turned one into Jimmy Hill...

Comment

Here's the first five fully based and varnished. Pretty happy with how they've turned out.

Comment

First outing for my chocolate and cream human team tonight. They won 1-0 against the dwarves. My friend is very dwarf loyal. I think he's sticking with them until they win a game.

This game we played with the foul rule, and had a sending off apiece.

Very funny moment when one of the humans threw a ball directly over an opponent's head. Possible interference/ interception? Agility roll needed using a D6. With modifiers... he needed to roll 7 to succeed. So no point rolling. We concluded that dwarves can't jump.
        Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 01-07-2022, 23:10.

Comment

Comment

And touchdown!

Comment

I'm working on my pile of shame. This evening I built the second sprue for both the lizardmen and necromantic horror teams. The necros almost all come with alternate heads so the figures look a bit different to each other.

Comment

After completing the lizard and necro teams I also built the Treeman kit and 2 of the elf players from the wood elf team I received as a late Christmas gift (which I don't think I've mentioned before). I still haven't started on any of the models that came in the 2 edition starter set.

I also opened the Kroxigor and discovered it's a resin kit rather than plastic. That makes it more fiddly and I need to buy some superglue to build it rather than use model glue. There are no details on the packaging to explain this so I'm glad I looked up the instructions on the Forgeworld website and a YouTube tutorial. I'm going to the supermarket today so will get a tube of superglue.

Comment

First base coat

Comment

Also, I have discovered that when building a team with optional heads (and arms), the smart thing to do is use the optional parts off the first sprue when building the second sprue so the empty sprue can be chucked without ending up with a pile of spare heads.

Comment

Here's Roxy the kroxigor. He's the big guy in the middle for the Bling-Lizards. Still a work in progress.

Comment

Comment

Made this light antitank gun out of left over bits and pieces from other kits.

Comment

The Bling-Lizards lost. Mainly because they couldn't pick up the fucking ball and then when they finally picked it up they couldn't fucking pass it. How does a thrown pass end up three squares behind the thrower? The dwarfs won with literally the very last roll of the dice.

IMG_88uy96.jpg

Comment

Currently in isolation as I have the 'rona for the second, possibly third time, so I've decided to do something I swore I'd never try... painting eyes on 28mm miniatures.

Last edited by Tratorello; 06-08-2022, 21:39.

Comment

It's not going too bad so far.

Comment

Comment

Playing in my fourth Bolt Action tournament tomorrow, hoping to do better than my last one where I (narrowly) lost all three games.

Comment

Good luck!

I see GW are releasing a new Amazon team. Which is a reminder that I've not painted anything in a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tratorello View Post
                                        Playing in my fourth Bolt Action tournament tomorrow, hoping to do better than my last one where I (narrowly) lost all three games.
                                        Got annihilated in my first two games, although one was because my dice completely abandoned me, and then won my second two games quite easily. A real tournament of two halves.

Comment

Just seen the Leagues of Votann, the new army in 40K. Space dwarfs basically. The models are nice.

Comment

Bought myself this... because it was reduced... SLIPPERY SLOPE KLAXON

Comment

I keep getting tempted by Horus Heresy. It's like 40k historicals in a way.

I could never decide on what period I'd be most interesting in playing when it came down to buying models. Also, when they're on the table 25mm and above models in non-skirmish games start to look unrealistic.

Comment

I got a set of Tau Fire Warriors a while back. I've built them but not painted them yet. (I modded one into a "gunslinger" and was going to paint it as if he'd been tainted by chaos. AFAIK there are no plans for Chaos Tau.)

I bought the Tau taupe colour to paint them but the new* all-white colour scheme is nice so I may switch to that.

*probably not new any more

Comment

Found my copy of this at our mam and dad's the other day.

Comment

Still love loads of the art and lore in this. Would we describe this era as grindark?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X