Football betting 2016-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football betting 2016-17

An occasional 50p or matchstick interest for me, but wondered if other folk might fancy sharing successes or failures or whatever.

I quite like the idea of accumulators as a sort of footballing lottery ticket, waiting for each 'ball' to come out as one of yours. A little reading around some of the tipping sites suggests that they have the odd success with ones around the 10/1 to 20/1 mark, so I'm tending to pick with that in mind. Lower than 10/1 and (assuming you have five teams on your ticket) the reward to risk ratio is probably too low. Much higher than 20-25 say, and you could be taking too long a shot. But long shots sometimes come off of course.

Natch, if you don't get a winning one at least every 15 goes if you average 15/1, then you're not doing well enough.

Anyway, tonight's coupon, sure to fail now I've posted it is:

Sporting, Huddersfield, Forest, Cambridge, Grimsby all to win.
    Last edited by Kevin S; 02-08-2017, 13:18.

Football betting 2016-17

Betting now on last season seems like cheating to me...

The years have now caught up with kev, I see.

Comment

Football betting 2016-17

Using a £20 free bet from Ladbrokes a few weeks back I got £180 back from a treble.

Would've got £180 back from another £10 free bet on Saturday there, four results (including Brentford at Wolves) but that fucking arsehole Jim Goodwin got himself sent off as Alloa blew a two goal lead and my coupon in the last ten minutes.

Comment

Football betting 2016-17

Janik wrote: Betting now on last season seems like cheating to me...
        Heh, good spot, thanks Janik. And changed.

Comment

Football betting 2016-17

Me & Fussbudget have a tenner each on the Boro to finish in the top ten at 10-1 that our Dad* bought us. Or it might be a fiver.

*technically he's only my Dad.

Comment

Football betting 2016-17

I'm perturbed by the high number of views this has had already. Is the title attracting spammers or bots, I wonder? If so, perhaps I should make it a bit more cryptic.

Edit - actually, no, it's probably about right.

Comment

Football betting 2016-17

Put a tenner on 6-1 for City to beat Utd with both teams scoring a few weeks, a fiver on 17-1 for City to beat that german team 4-0, and a tenner for 9-1 for Watford to beat Utd with both teams scoring. My main successes this last couple of weeks ( with a few small losses)

Comment

Football betting 2016-17

Regularly have an accumulator on Both Teams to Score, using my lottery numbers plus Peterborough (both teams always score in their games). I never win anything, but I feel like I get a pound's worth of entertainment out of it.

Comment

Football betting 2016-17

RobM wrote:
                  Would've got £180 back from another £10 free bet on Saturday there, four results (including Brentford at Wolves) but that fucking arsehole Jim Goodwin got himself sent off as Alloa blew a two goal lead and my coupon in the last ten minutes.
                  Jim Goodwin! Good to see he's not changed from his Scunny days.

I try not to hold grudges against players who down the bet, but I do revere players who do the opposite - Will Buckley can do no wrong in my my book after his 94th minute winner for Brighton a few years ago landed me a nice chunk.

I'm "going through a rough patch" at the moment. On Saturday, two of my home selections lost 4-0 (Fulham) and 4-1 (Fleetwood). Of course the outside bet of the treble, Bournemouth, came in.

Comment

Football betting 2016-17

jwdd27 wrote:
                    Originally posted by RobM
                    Jim Goodwin! Good to see he's not changed from his Scunny days.

I try not to hold grudges against players who down the bet, but I do revere players who do the opposite - Will Buckley can do no wrong in my my book after his 94th minute winner for Brighton a few years ago landed me a nice chunk.

I'm "going through a rough patch" at the moment. On Saturday, two of my home selections lost 4-0 (Fulham) and 4-1 (Fleetwood). Of course the outside bet of the treble, Bournemouth, came in.
                    I try not to either jwdd but it was Jim Fucking Goodwin.

Comment

Football betting 2016-17

My first post on OTF was about Jim Goodwin.

Comment

Football betting 2016-17

frontier psychiatrist wrote: "The Goodwin special" - the act of giving away the ball in the centre circle, but being so determined to put things right you chase back and give away a foul on the edge of the area

Comment

Football betting 2016-17

Kevchenko wrote: Anyway, tonight's coupon, sure to fail now I've posted it is:

Sporting, Huddersfield, Forest, Cambridge, Grimsby all to win.
                          Well isn't that just typical. I had four lined up - all bar Grimsby - then Forest go and concede and then Grimsby score a winner. So, er, twatting Forest, eh?

Luckily I did a far shorter odds treble of Juve, Sevilla and Huddersfield as well, which means I end the evening £0.68 to the good. Huzzah! Perhaps trebles are where the action is at.

Comment

Football betting 2016-17

Trebles, definitely are.

I put any-3-draws-out-of-5 lines on every Saturday, ever since I was a student and it was 8 or 10p a line. Only twice have all 5 come up, once as a student and once last year, with a £2 per line stake netting me £740+.

This season I've had more wins out of homes/aways (only one treble on draws), again trebles (usually 3 out of 4) and I paid a lot closer attention to Scottish early season form than usual and had Alloa and Hearts as bankers for 4 or 5 winning coupons. Not last week, though...

Comment

Football betting 2016-17

A new month, and hopefully a change of luck.

3 homes treble as usual
                              Brentford v Wigan
                              Sheff Wed v Brighton
                              Charlton v Rochdale

odds of 10.7 on the treble, so 5 pound pays back over 50, 10 pays over 100 etc.
                              None of these sides have much of a reputation for letting me down, up to now...

Comment

Football betting 2016-17

Snap on Brentford in a home wins treble. Mine is:

Northampton v Bristol Rovers
                                Port Vale v Coventry
                                Brentford v Wigan

Comment

Football betting 2016-17

sw2bureau wrote: Me & Fussbudget have a tenner each on the Boro to finish in the top ten at 10-1 that our Dad* bought us. Or it might be a fiver.

*technically he's only my Dad.
                                  whats that about fools & monies?

Comment

Football betting 2016-17

Kevchenko wrote: Snap on Brentford in a home wins treble. Mine is:

Northampton v Bristol Rovers
                                    Port Vale v Coventry
                                    Brentford v Wigan
                                    Fucking hell. 0/5 collectively there, indeed only the one shared draw, the rest got beat, so no hard luck stories either. A lot of away wins overall in Divs 2 and 3.

Comment

Football betting 2016-17

No dice yesterday, Edinburgh City screwing my shot at four results but it's hard to grudge them it.

Comment

Football betting 2016-17

Bournemouth, Bolton and Fleetwood romped home to give me a 9.0 treble. 6-1 and two 2-0s.

Why can't it always be like this?

Comment

Football betting 2016-17

Well played, with goals to spare!

Comment

Football betting 2016-17

Championship foursome for Saturday:
                                            Brentford v Barnsley - home win
                                            Bristol City v Blackburn - home win
                                            Norwich v Preston - home win
                                            Wigan v Brighton - away win

Comment

Football betting 2016-17

That seems like a decent four-fold Kev, might have some of that.
                                              I'm doing a win-cast for RC Lens to beat Stade de Reims & Bostock to score. Netted me total of £150 on 2 matches recently weeks. Might back it up with one for Fortune too.

Comment

Football betting 2016-17

Friday night
                                                Birmingham
                                                Oostende
                                                Valenciennes
                                                all to win, both to score
                                                93/1, probably with good reason but worth a quid punt.

Comment

Football betting 2016-17

Stats for you - Championship teams where both teams always seem to score in their matches.

Forest: 11 out of 13 (85%)
                                                  Villa: 5 out of 6 at home (83% - but only 3 out of 7 away)
                                                  Norwich: 10 out of 13 (77%)

Comment

Working...
                                                  X