No announcement yet.

Roll up, roll up for the OTF chess tournaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this the thread where we talk about the world championship? Sounds like yesterday's game was an epic, the longest game in WC history, Carlson won in 136 moves, nearly 8 hours. they both missed opportunities to win, and both faced extreme time pressure at different times.

Comment

I honestly thought it was literally impossible for a game to last that long at this level

Comment

Today's raced to a 41 move draw, probably understandably.

Comment

Looking good for Carlsen today, at the moment, he definitely has a winning position, and if he does it that would make him 2 games up with 6(? I think) to play which is probably the end of the road

Comment

For the second game in a row, Nepomniachti makes a blunder, this time when he was sort of ahead on position. Carlsen is now 3 games ahead with only 5 to go. The coverage I was watching was like a wake, not that they were sad that Carlsen was going to win, but that they were saddened by Nepo making mistakes

Comment

All over after 11 of the 14 games are played. Carlsen's most dominant victory yet

Comment

I miss playing chess. Do we have an alternative site at all?

Comment

I still play on gameknot, if anybody ends up there, let me know. I'm currently playing like crap there, but you know

On the other hand, I actually got a chance to pull off a smothered mate the other day. I think first time ever.

Edit: Ebbs and flows, after being absolutely trash in a tournament round where I didn't win any of 6, I've started hot in the new tournament with a smothered mate, a nice rook sacrifice combo, and a forced king/queen fork with a knight. And of course a complete blunder when I was up rook/rook vs rook/knight. Consistently inconsistent.
                  Last edited by matt j; 11-03-2022, 13:06.

Comment

So Carlsen has declined to defend his World Champion title. Which I sort of get, it takes months of hard preparation to prove something that hasn't really been in question for a long time.

Comment

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...e3#post2685754
                      In case anyone doesn't frequent world please see this thread with the devastating news of VT's passing at just 60 years of age from Malaria.

Comment

If anyone fancies a game on Lichess (random sides, standard rules, 3 days a turn) Please click this link https://lichess.org/Mzlh8JGU

Comment

Working...
                        X