No announcement yet.

Roll up, roll up for the OTF chess tournaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it's a fit-up, whatever protests you two make (not really, obviously. Glad you're okay, VT).

Comment

Argh. I missed a win against ad hoc. I was well behind for pretty much the whole game but there was a clear mate opportunity that I just didn't see (after 57 Kh4).

Good game AH

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
        Argh. I missed a win against ad hoc. I was well behind for pretty much the whole game but there was a clear mate opportunity that I just didn't see (after 57 Kh4).

Good game AH
        God, and I was at that moment extremely conscious of the possibility of being checkmated, yet managed to totally miss that Bf6 move that would have given it to you.

Comment

Apologies all for timing out on my games. We had a bit of drama here which, along with work, took my eye off the ball. I am a bit pissed off that I didn't get any notifications from Chess.com though as, when I do, I try and make sure I make a move. I know that my games are hardly likely to throw up any surprises but I still like to play them through to their conclusion. Apologies again.

Comment

No worries, Bored. Hope all's well.

Comment

Ah, yes, cheers, the usual fireworks at Bored Towers that gradually alleviate themselves. I would rather have been concentrating on my chess, though.

Comment

That "mate in at most 3" opportunity for Levin after ad hoc's 57 Kh4 would make a great puzzle. Took me a fair while to work out all the permutations, even though there are only a few of them.

Comment

Only just seen, from taking the effort to look it up, that OTF22 finished 11 days ago. I don’t think the conclusion of any previous OTF tournament has gone so thoroughly unremarked. I mean ok it’s not Liverpool wining their first League title for 30 years but still ... congrats ad hoc and thanks all for some good games.

Comment

I have to admit I assumed it was still going on, because I've been checking this thread for news of it finishing. Congratulations to ad hoc, and well done to the incredibly suave, handsome and modest chess genius who was the only player to take anything from him in this tournament.

When does #23 start?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      When does #23 start?
                      I am about to leave on a short holiday; the plan is to return Monday. If you can wait until then, I'll gladly set up the next round then. If you're too eager to wait, I'm perfectly fine with someone else taking the lead.

Comment

That's fine with me. Summer holidays soon so perfect chess time.

Comment

Yes, I'm up for the next one now (whilst also v happy to wait a while longer). Wouter, hope your mini-holiday was fun.

Comment

Tournament created; invites sent to all participants of round 22. Could you have a think whether I am missing someone? More invites are available.

Comment

Six people are in; three invites still pending. Will give it a bit more time.

Comment

Completely forgot that I was supposed to be running this... not my greatest moment.

Anyhoo, we have seven confirmed participants, with invites to two people still pending. I would give them one more day and then just start the tournament, unless anyone objects.

Comment

I'm going to have to pass this time - I'm mad busy at work and will be taking leave soon to be with family for a couple of weeks.

Comment

And we're off to the races. Good luck, all!

Comment

Thanks Wouter!

Comment

I'm going to be off grid (more or less literally, no electricity, no wifi, probably no phone signal) for 4 days from tomorrow, so I will try and play a move tomorrow morning, and if you can hold off playing as long as possible that will leave me time to reply. If you forget, no worries.

Comment

Is anyone having an issue with the site?

Comment

It's ok, it was a chrome issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                              I'm going to be off grid (more or less literally, no electricity, no wifi, probably no phone signal) for 4 days from tomorrow, so I will try and play a move tomorrow morning, and if you can hold off playing as long as possible that will leave me time to reply. If you forget, no worries.
                                              Shit, only just saw this. Sorry, ah ...

Comment

Looks like you weren't the only one, Sam. Still expect ad hoc to win the tournament from here.

Comment

Thanks all, I'm back. Evariste Euler Gauss - why did you resign? I'm baffled.

Apologies for getting involved in a tournament and then not being able to participate at the beginning. Hope my absence doesn't screw the tournament too much

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                                    Thanks all, I'm back. Evariste Euler Gauss - why did you resign? I'm baffled.

Apologies for getting involved in a tournament and then not being able to participate at the beginning. Hope my absence doesn't screw the tournament too much
                                                    No worries. I'm sorry for not paying enough attention to make it work properly. Have too much on my mind.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X