Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm ready whenever everyone else is.

Comment

It sounds unlikely from Wouter's post no.2296 above that any time before Feb would suit him. And that's certainly true for me: I've got far more chess matches under way on chess.com already than I really have time for this month, so I wouldn't be up for any new tourney before the start of Feb.

Comment

Wasn't meaning to rush anyone, just that the tournament I was playing in is now over, for me at least.

Comment

I'm always up for a chess tournament anytime. I love losing, me.

Comment

Are we doing this then?

Comment

I'm up for it now.

Comment

The "Create Tournament" button is giving me a feedback loop instead of actually achieving anything, so bear with me for a moment...

Comment

Do you need a hand, Wouter? Happy to put it together myself if you're still having problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    Do you need a hand, Wouter? Happy to put it together myself if you're still having problems.
                    Thanks Sam, that would probably be best. I just received an unhelpful reply from the Chess.com support desk, to which I extensively replied, but then they typically take up to 48 hours to react again. We probably don't want to wait for that.

Let me know if you need anything.

Comment

... And I'm having exactly the same issue. Set the parameters, type something into the description box, press 'Create', and get met with the exact same page again, already set to the options I've selected and with the text I've typed in the box.

Comment

Thank you for trying.

Comment

I'll have a go too, this evening, though of course I don't expect to get any different outcome.

Comment

I think I've managed it, but am at work now so will need to check when at home I've not buggered anything up.

Comment

Have you invited anyone?

Comment

Done it now.

Comment

Comment

Seems that Alex has been banned under fair play rules. Sounds very unlikely. Does Sam know anymore about it?

Comment

If you've not got an invite and want in, please give me a shout.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                        Seems that Alex has been banned under fair play rules. Sounds very unlikely. Does Sam know anymore about it?
                                        Not a clue. I'll send him a message tomorrow if I remember, and ask.

I'm in! Thanks Etienne.

Comment

From the sound of it, some bad loser must have reported Alex, or something. He hadn't used chess.com for ages (he prefers Lichess), so logged in a couple of months ago to close his account and that was the first he heard about it. Since he was there to close his account anyway, he didn't bother appealing it with them.

Comment

As of yesterday, we had only 5 participants, me, Levin, Sam, EEG and Wouter. I can contact TPC on facebook. Anyone able to ask Bored? Anyone else interested?

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                              As of yesterday, we had only 5 participants, me, Levin, Sam, EEG and Wouter. I can contact TPC on facebook. Anyone able to ask Bored? Anyone else interested?
                                              I have just joined. Woo-hoo! Mind you, with all this time off, I am only going to be worse.

Comment

TPC is in too. Anyone else?

Comment

I'll have to pass this time, Etienne, as I'm involved in another tournament. Best wishes for OTF17.

Comment

We're off.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X