No announcement yet.

Roll up, roll up for the OTF chess tournaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear you enjoyed the tournament btw, VT, and that you reckon it was good for your mental health. Maybe it's of some benefit to mine too. Hope everyone's having a happy Christmas.

Comment

I see OTF20 is now down to its last match and Sam looks very close to sealing the win over Bored.

Comment

Took a few days, but I've done it.

Anyone up for another?

Comment

I'm up for one.

Comment

Yes, I am. I am still a bit all over the shop in various areas but, at least, have got back into the swing of it a bit.

Comment

Perhaps we might get more critical mass from the usual participants if we ask again in a couple of weeks about having an OTF21. To be fair, I ought to be sorting out my personal admin and doing my tax return before I start any new chess tournament.

Comment

On Chess topic. Link to BBC's 'A History of the World in 100 Objects' webpage, on the Lewis Chessmen. with a link on that page to the podcast (episode 61). It discusses chess history, including the differences betwen Christian and Muslim chess sets. Well worth a listen.

BBC - A History of the World - Object : Lewis Chessmen

Comment

Are we doing another one then? Ever?

Comment

I'd be interested in 'ever', but I would only be involved if we start two months from now or later. I'd strongly support if other interested parties set up a tournament (or two) in the mean time without me.

Comment

I'd be ok setting up a tournament now if other people are interested.

Comment

thanks Levin. I'm up for joining.

Comment

Number 21 is up and invites have gone out. If I haven't invited you, and new people are very welcome, we've got a range of abilities and I think everyone is very good natured, do let me know and I'll send the invite.

Comment

We have 5 entrants. I've invited everyone who has taken part in the past. Has anyone seen Sam lately?

Comment

I could try messaging him on FB later today?

Comment

I messaged Sam on FB last night, but I don't think he's seen the message yet. Hope he's OK.

Comment

Sam is on board. We have six entrants. I'm not sure we're going to get any more. Shall I pull the trigger?

Comment

fine with me if you do.

Did VT respond?

Comment

I'll get on now. Apologies - oi bin travlin.

Comment

Excellent, I'll start the games this in an hour or so.

Comment

And volume 21 of OTF chess has begun.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                            Sam is on board. We have six entrants. I'm not sure we're going to get any more. Shall I pull the trigger?
                                            Yep, cheers for that EEG. I've been absolutely fine, but have just accidentally found myself taking a break from OTF lately for not much reason. Nice to see you all again.

Comment

Reminder for Vicarious Thrillseeker .

Comment

I'm glad to see that VT made the deadline.

I'm delighted to see that ad hoc has adopted the Hedgehog Defense. I don't know anything about it but it's a lovely name.

Comment

Bugger, I missed this one.

Comment

Apologies - I lost three games on time. So much going on at the moment, but it's no excuse. I'm just wondering whether I should let the other three games lose on time, so it makes it an even tournament? I'll try with the remaining games, promise.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X