Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OTF Wordle Ryder Cup 3: Brittle Britain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
    Sam, Discordant Resonance, Hot Orange, I've pinned a 3 to the scoreboard so you'll need a 2 to take our game up the last fairway.
    All on Sam, then, after my 4.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
      A 3 this morning Balderdasha, Simon G , Auntie Beryl
      I could only manage a 5 today.

Comment

A 3 this morning Balderdasha, Simon G , Auntie Beryl
        A 3 from me, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post

All on Sam, then, after my 4.
          Yeurrrrgh. 4 for me as well. Another of those words where, like a couple of days ago, I could have had a lower score if I'd opted to play the obvious choices in the other order. But at least today, unlike then, it would only have brought my score down by one, and that wouldn't have been enough anyway.

Well done, Rogin the Armchair fan and Hot Orange. Sorry to let you down, Discordant Resonance and RoW.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
            Morning, ale. A 3 this morning. I'm still not compting my poulets though.
            Can only guess what that means but you do right Logan Mountstuart. An eagle 2 to at least keep the nerves jangling. Though last time I followed such a score with a 6.

Comment

Me being first to play today in our fourball? Outrageous. Unlike my average par.

Sean of the Shed Sits WOM

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

Yeurrrrgh. 4 for me as well. Another of those words where, like a couple of days ago, I could have had a lower score if I'd opted to play the obvious choices in the other order. But at least today, unlike then, it would only have brought my score down by one, and that wouldn't have been enough anyway.

Well done, Rogin the Armchair fan and Hot Orange. Sorry to let you down, Discordant Resonance and RoW.
                Just over to Hot Orange to do this ...

https://youtube.com/shorts/WKiEC5WbCaA?feature=share4

Comment

Originally posted by lambers View Post
                  Me being first to play today in our fourball? Outrageous. Unlike my average par.

I managed a very fortunate birdie 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

Good game, everybody. Thanks to Rogin the Armchair fan for scoring all the points.

For the completionists, it’s a 3 for me today, the final putt being rather more mundane than Rogin hoped.

Comment

We do manage that rare but somehow more satisfying final result of 3&1, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Auntie Beryl View Post

A 3 from me, too.
                        Sadly I failed, which I believe gives the tie to ad hoc and Balderdasha

Sorry Team GB, but for the 2, I was an absolute disgrace on that round.

Comment

Originally posted by lambers View Post

I flamed out with a 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post

Sadly I failed, which I believe gives the tie to ad hoc and Balderdasha

Sorry Team GB, but for the 2, I was an absolute disgrace on that round.
                            As my imaginary part of the rest of the world is a reserved and polite part, I choose to nod at Balderdasha, offering a quiet "Well played, partner", before shaking the hands of Simon G and Auntie Beryl accompanied by a "Well played. Good game". My RoW culture does not allow me to fist pump and cry out "YES" repeatedly in triumphal joy, hugging Balders, before swaggering over to taunt the Brits.

Comment

Bad run ends with a 3. caja-dglh Foot of Astaire's irony towers

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post

I flamed out with a 5.
                                And I only managed a 4. <sadface>

Congratulations Sean of the Shed and lambers we couldn’t peg you back.

Thanks WOM, we tried.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                                  Hopefully a 3 will be enough San Bernardhinault Sporting Artificial Hipster
                                  I came flying in with an eagle 2! I’m afraid your entirely noble 3 was insufficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post

And I only managed a 4. <sadface>

Congratulations Sean of the Shed and lambers we couldn’t peg you back.

Thanks WOM, we tried.
                                    Bad luck. Shedfest ends early thanks to the sterling efforts by the one of us that is Shed in name only.

Comment

Bad luck Sits and WOM, thanks for the game and lambers thank you for your partnership on the course.

Comment

Pah. I don't need your pity. I mean, I'll take it...but I don't need it.

Comment

i don't mind saving it for someone who deserves it.

Comment

As my imaginary part of the rest of the world is a reserved and polite part, I choose to nod at Balderdasha, offering a quiet "Well played, partner", before shaking the hands of Simon G and Auntie Beryl accompanied by a "Well played. Good game". My RoW culture does not allow me to fist pump and cry out "YES" repeatedly in triumphal joy, hugging Balders, before swaggering over to taunt the Brits.
                                            Well played ad hoc and Balderdasha - we were always just hanging in there! Onwards...

Comment

Day 8 report:

The first points of the contest were claimed today, by the teams that best achieved complementary scoring. In Match A the GB pair came away with little other than sore heads from their encounter with the Wall of Balderhoc, which posted a birdie on all but one hole. Sean of the Shed is back in the customary routine with a run of six birdies in seven holes; even so there was room for lambers to weigh in with two hole wins in Match B. It will hopefully be of some consolation to Hot Orange that his scores alone would have brought home the point in Match C. At the third time of asking Sporting and San Bernardhinault reaped the benefits of their foursomes liaison in Match E, sealed with the dignity and class of San B's American eagle.

ale also struck a crucial 2 to ensure there will be some play on the final hole; Match F has now featured as many eagles as pars. David Agnew is carrying the fight to salvage a half-point for GB in Match D, and dglh's score on the eighth means that every player in the two foursomes matches has a hole win to their name.

Match score: GB 2 RoW 2

Matches on the course: RoW up in 2

Round 1 scoreboard:
                                              1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Match
                                              Match A - Fourball H W H W W W H H RoW won 2 & 1
                                              Simon G 4 4 5 4 5 2 4 F
                                              Auntie Beryl 4 4 3 5 4 4 3 3
                                              ad hoc 4 3 3 3 4 3 4 3
                                              Balderdasha 5 4 3 3 3 4 3 5
                                              Match B - Fourball W W H H W W W W GB won 2 & 1
                                              lambers 4 2 4 5 4 4 3 4
                                              Sean of the Shed 4 3 3 3 3 4 3 3
                                              WOM 5 3 3 4 4 4 5 5
                                              Sits 3 3 3 3 5 3 5 4
                                              Match C - Fourball H W H W W H W W GB won 3 & 1
                                              Rogin the Armchair fan 4 3 5 3 3 6 4 3
                                              Hot Orange 3 3 3 4 3 4 5 3
                                              Discordant Resonance 3 5 5 4 4 4 3 4
                                              Sam 3 5 3 4 5 4 4 4
                                              Match D - Foursomes H H W W W W H W RoW 1 UP
                                              David Agnew 4 5 5 3 P
                                              Foot of Astaire's 3 2 4 5
                                              irony towers 4 4 2 5 P
                                              caja-dglh 3 3 3 4
                                              Match E - Foursomes W W W H W W W W RoW won 3 & 1
                                              pebblethefish 3 4 5 3
                                              Artificial Hipster 5 5 4 3
                                              Sporting 4 4 4 4
                                              San Bernardhinault 4 4 3 2
                                              Match F - Singles H W W W W W W W RoW 1 UP
                                              ale 3 4 3 3 2 6 5 2
                                              Logan Mountstuart 3 3 4 2 5 3 4 3
                                              Day 8 stroke average: 3.61

Next up in foursomes:
                                              David Agnew v irony towers
                                              Last edited by irony towers; 30-05-2023, 07:21.

Comment

Originally posted by David Agnew View Post
                                                I got a four, so it is down to towers to close out any extra points.

Comment

Fantastic eagle yesterday, ale. Excellent match as always, apart from the last one when you tore me a new one.

A 3, after a lucky 50/50 choice, so I'm afraid you're going to need yet another eagle to tie.

Comment

David Agnew How are your nerves? Beat my par 4 and you and Foot of Astaire's will claim a worthy half.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X