• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frequency of letters in solutions during Rounds 1-3 (Round 3 in brackets):

18 E (10)

14 A (3)

12 R (6)

11 S ​​​​​​​(3)

8 I​​​​​​​ (2) L ​​​​​​​(5) O ​​​​​​​(1)

6 T ​​​​​​​(1)

5 U ​​​​​​​(1)

4 C ​​​​​​​(0) H ​​​​​​​(3) M ​​​​​​​(2) P ​​​​​​​(1) V ​​​​​​​(1) W (2) Y (1)

3 B (2) D (0) G (1) K (0)

2 F (0)

1 N (0) Q (0) X (0)

0 J Z

Comment

Last edited by irony towers; 16-03-2023, 18:53. Reason: Pairings revised

Comment

Good luck ad hoc - I think you won the only previous game we had quite convincingly.

Comment

A second consecutive LL derby! This one may not be so close, if we'd played each other on the previous round, Logan Mountstuart would have won 4 and 3. Hopefully I can make things a little more competitive than that...?

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
            Good luck ad hoc - I think you won the only previous game we had quite convincingly.
            Good luck backatcha.

Comment

Good luck, lambers. I think we played each other a few weeks ago? You might benefit from me still recovering from bashing my head against nmrfox's brick wall. I may have actually put a crack in it, as he struck out today. I'm sure the bugger is busy mixing mortar today though ahead of his showdown with irony towers.

Comment

It's an odd draw where I play Rogin the Armchair fan a second time in the same tournament having only played him once before. Is revenge on the cards? I think it's more likely that I sink to a second defeat against the Lancashire Maestro.

Comment

Oh no, I'd missed that San Bernardhinault, and that ought not to have happened. Let me sort that later today; many thanks for alerting me.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                    Good luck, lambers. I think we played each other a few weeks ago? You might benefit from me still recovering from bashing my head against nmrfox's brick wall. I may have actually put a crack in it, as he struck out today. I'm sure the bugger is busy mixing mortar today though ahead of his showdown with irony towers.
                    Max was busy mixing the mortar whilst I ventured out on my own today. Suffice to say, that's not going to happen again in a hurry after the monstrosity of earlier.

Comment

Not had the pleasure before Foot of Astaire's. All the best.

Comment

The WMT Management Board has reconsidered the wisdom of turning the Round 4 draw into a televised spectacular conducted by Gareth Bale and Jimmy Tarbuck, accompanied by a formation display from a Dutch truck-driving troupe and a disquieting golf club-juggling routine from Rogin the Armchair fan.

Revised Round 4 pairings:

irony towers 3 v nmrfox 3

Simon G 2.5 v Rogin the Armchair fan 2.5

ad hoc 2.5 v San Bernardhinault 2

Logan Mountstuart 2 v lambers 2

Sits 2 v Sean of the Shed 1.5

Hot Orange 1.5 v WOM 1.5

Artificial Hipster 1.5 v Sporting 1.5

ale 1.5 v Foot of Astaire's 1

Balderdasha 1 v Levin 1

pebblethefish 1 v Sam 0.5

Harbinger of Hope 0.5 v Auntie Beryl 0.5

caja-dglh 0 v Discordant Resonance 0

I had one job; apologies all round for making a hash of it the first time. It must be down to the regime of banging into brick walls in readiness for taking on Foxy.

SB, looking at the new pairings I bet you're glad you pointed out my error.

Comment

Bollocks. I fear my record of never having lost by more than one hole in a matchplay* game is now at risk.

Still, as I need both players in the top match to lose in order to have any chance of the title, I suppose it doesn't matter.

* - I think I lost a Ryder singles game 2&1 once, but not in solo competition.

Comment

And 11 long - haired, friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbuuss.

Comment

Thanks IT. Now an apology to you and Sean of the Shed as my scores are going to be coming in at some strange times while we are out in zones of patchy reception. Just Friday and Saturday basically then should be a bit more normal.

So it’s already Friday here and I’ve scored a 3 to get started.

Comment

We've played before:

nmrfox beat irony towers 2 & 1 (ladder, Jan)

Rogin the Armchair fan beat Simon G 2 & 1 (WMT2 Round 4)
                                Simon G beat Rogin the Armchair fan 1 UP (ladder, Dec)

Logan Mountstuart beat lambers 3 & 2 (ladder, Jan)

Sean of the Shed beat Sits 2 & 1 (ladder, Aug)
                                Sean of the Shed beat Sits 2 & 1 (ladder, Jan)

Hot Orange beat WOM 1 UP (ladder, Oct)

Balderdasha beat Levin 1 UP (WMT2 Round 4)

Sam beat pebblethefish 3 & 1 (ladder, Jun)

Comment

Good morning, lambers​​​​​​. I have just thrashed around for a 6.

Comment

pebblethefish, all the best for the match, and good luck beating my score on the first hole. I'll turn the air blue if you do, because I got it in 2.

Comment

3 to start the match off, SB

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                        pebblethefish, all the best for the match, and good luck beating my score on the first hole. I'll turn the air blue if you do, because I got it in 2.
                                        Arse biscuits, that means my 3 is wasted.

Comment

Simon G a bogey 5 from me to get us underway.

Comment

Artificial Hipster a 4 to begin.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                              Thanks IT. Now an apology to you and Sean of the Shed as my scores are going to be coming in at some strange times while we are out in zones of patchy reception. Just Friday and Saturday basically then should be a bit more normal.

So it’s already Friday here and I’ve scored a 3 to get started.
                                              Opened with a 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                                Simon G a bogey 5 from me to get us underway.
                                                Ditto, a 5 from me as well - a very tough start to the final round.

Comment

Originally posted by ale View Post
                                                  Not had the pleasure before Foot of Astaire's. All the best.
                                                  And to you sir. Started with a 4 today

Comment

Originally posted by Foot of Astaire's View Post

And to you sir. Started with a 4 today
                                                    A birdie 3 to start here.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X