No announcement yet.

Chronophoto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. I got the same OTF one as before too. Odd.

Comment

Using the OTF code my final photo is a class of schoolgirls with a couple of teachers. And unless that’s Hitler in the close foreground of the first photo then I didn’t get him. Maybe it is.

Comment

Ooh, just got 4082 in a random game! One photo had a Vauxhall Cavalier in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
          Using the OTF code my final photo is a class of schoolgirls with a couple of teachers. And unless that’s Hitler in the close foreground of the first photo then I didn’t get him. Maybe it is.
          Is that last photo a black and white one which has gone kind of a brownish red with age? With homemade displays about the Vikings and Mary Queen of Scots etc. on the back wall? Same set as me if so. The plot thickens

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post

Is that last photo a black and white one which has gone kind of a brownish red with age? With homemade displays about the Vikings and Mary Queen of Scots etc. on the back wall? Same set as me if so. The plot thickens
            Yep. So is Hitler at front left in the first photo? Otherwise I’ve got no clue.

Comment

I think they are still tweaking how this works - it now shows "party" rather than "group" on the homepage

Using Chrome I have the option to generate (or insert) a code - on IE it just takes me to photos I saw yesterday with no option to start afresh. I assume though that clearing browsing history/cache would fix that but don't want to do that every day

Chronophoto

Using this code this morning

cmQkWGRKKU

The first picture I see is a cinema showing "Bringing up Baby" (so a nice easy 1000 points bur downhill from there)
              Last edited by colchestersid; 04-02-2023, 09:32.

Comment

Thanks Sid. A terrible 2042.

Comment

3644, well out on the second one.

Comment

I think “Daily” may be a Wordle style thing - everyone gets the same five. I just got my best score on that one, 4200-odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                      I think “Daily” may be a Wordle style thing - everyone gets the same five. I just got my best score on that one, 4200-odd.
                      I got 3559 on that (assuming it's the same). It felt a bit like I needed to be a car obsessive to get a good score

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

I got 3559 on that (assuming it's the same). It felt a bit like I needed to be a car obsessive to get a good score
                        Sounds like the one. Lots of cars in the last two.

Comment

Originally posted by colchestersid View Post
                          Using this code this morning

cmQkWGRKKU

The first picture I see is a cinema showing "Bringing up Baby" (so a nice easy 1000 points bur downhill from there)
                          Ooh I have the same! Exciting. 3280 on this one and 4248 (!! new PB) on the motor-heavy daily one

Comment

I'm not sure how the points system works.

Comment

2612 on colchestersid's. 2151 on the daily one (even more embarrassingly I only got 28 points on the last photo, which had already come up yesterday for me). Clearly I'm awful at these.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                I'm not sure how the points system works.
                                The closer you get the more points you score

I've noted these scores - just a few missing but gives you an idea

So if you guess 1940 and the answer is 1949 you score 396 points
                                Difference +/- Points
                                0 1000
                                1 924
                                2 849
                                3 777
                                4 708
                                5 640
                                6 575
                                8 453
                                9 396
                                10 342
                                11 290
                                12 242
                                13 196
                                14 155
                                16 83
                                19 10
                                20 0

Comment

Originally posted by colchestersid View Post
                                  The closer you get the more points you score

I've noted these scores - just a few missing but gives you an idea
                                  Ta. I got the general gist but couldn't see how the sliding scale actually panned out.

Comment

I don’t know what device you’re on Sporting but on my iPad I can just keep my finger on the slider from its 1960 start, move between 1900 and 2021 (2022?) and click Submit.

Ooh I have a new Daily…3337, but I got a blank screen on Photo 3 and an extremely lucky random click got me close. Struck out on another photo though.

Comment

Working...
                                    X