Chronophoto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chronophoto

Guess the year a photo was taken. I thought I was going to be really good at this but turns out I'm rubbish, my best is 3877 (out of 5000), most of my scores are well below that.
    Top tip: add about five years to your guess on Scandinavian photos, eight for German and 10 for Irish.

https://www.chronophoto.app

Is it a daily thing? Just got 3963. The earliest photo was in the 80s.

Comment

2481. Decades out on the first then not too bad on the rest.

Comment

I seem to be abysmal at this - 1420 on my first effort. My set ranged from 1901 to 1995.

Comment

My second attempt was much better - 3060, including one spot on (and one zero pointer).

Comment

I got something shit, helped massively by one photo which included a TV in the background with a news report of the Biden inauguration on

(despite the 1000 points for that I still managed under 2000 in total)

Comment

OK 3002 the second time around, which feels slightly better

Comment

3369 is my best so far

I think you can play as often as you like

The photos I've had so far are mostly from USA I think but it's a fun game

Comment

1450ish in my one attempt, 3 of then early 20th century, once you are before the late 50s I tthink it's gonna be hard to nail down with any confidence

Comment

There's a group play option as well if anyone wants to set up an OFT competition!

Chronophoto - Group

Comment

Originally posted by colchestersid View Post
                      There's a group play option as well if anyone wants to set up an OFT competition!

Chronophoto - Group
                      Fk1T9W4jOO as the code

I got 2773

Comment

Love it.

Comment

I got 3116 on the otf pics (helped by luckily nailing 2 of them to the year)

Comment

2766 in otf. Not helped by getting 0 on the last one

Comment

2020 in otf.

Comment

3982 on the otf one which is by some distance my best score so far. That Israeli one took a lot of squinting as my first instinct was completely off on that one

Comment

2660 on the OTF one.

Comment

1844 on the OTF one, including two big fat zero scores. Have been in the 2900 range otherwise, I seem to struggle if there are no vehicles visible!

Comment

2912 in what I think was OTF although I didn’t see an Israeli one. Or I did, and didn’t realise.

The final one makes me sad.

Comment

3456 (which has the merit of linear symmetry ) on the original one. I found the pre-1960s pictures easier.

Comment

4009 on the OTF one. The Hitler/Mussolini photo provided my only perfect score so far

Comment

Ok I'm confused now because when I did it with the code in sid's message I didn't get any Hitler/Mussolini picture in my set. Have I been playing a different set of images somehow? The Israeli one I mentioned was the last in the set, a busy street scene in black and white with loads of people crossing the street

Comment

Maybe they change every now and then?

Comment

I just tried it again with the same code and got a new set of images but still no Hitler/Mussolini :-(

3874 on this one, I'm clearly on a roll. If I try the same code again it's giving me this same new set again

Comment

I got the Hitler/Mussolini one using the code earlier today, and the same set just now.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X