Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OTF Wordle Ryder Cup 2: RoWdies' Revenge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
    I've not blinked - I closed my eyes completely and nearly walked straight into the lake. A 6.
    I got a comfortable / lucky par 4 (one of those "got the first letters straight away and had a multitude of options to work through")

Comment

Day 23 report:

It ain't what you win, it's the 'where' that you win it. While most of GB's hole wins today served to consolidate a lead or to reduce a deficit, only Artificial Hipster swung the match standings into the blue domain, whereas RoW's wins included two matches dragged to all-square and a further two brought into the red. A 4 & 3 tonking carries no greater tariff than a ninth-hole squeaker, and the destiny of the Cup is likely to hinge on the matches whose pegging is the levellest.

Some things I learnt when checking the WRC1 record at the comparable stage:

- RoW were trailing by a point going into the round of singles and, save for a spell of ascendancy that lasted a full five minutes, were playing catch-up in the manner of a child gamely straining to stay in the slipstream of an older sibling while riding their scooters. This time the teams could scarcely be more evenly matched.
      - Although Discordant Resonance will be hoping that ale feels the urge for a lengthier stroll, across the board the match positions are substantially tighter than in WRC1.
      - David Agnew and Sits are drawn as the final pairing for the second time. This rematch is much closer - ...ooh, it's almost as if a theme is developing here.
      - The format of the scoreboard was clearer then, so I've remodelled the current one along the same lines. However tight this gets, it's going to look PRETTY.

Match score (12.5 TO WIN): GB 6 RoW 6

Matches on the course GB up in 4 RoW up in 5 All square in 3

Round 3 scoreboard:
      Pts 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Match
      Match M H W H H W RoW 2 UP
      pebblethefish 1 4 5 3 4 4
      Logan Mountstuart 2 4 4 3 4 3
      Match N W H W W W GB 2 UP
      Reality Checkpoint 0 2 4 4 4 3
      Sam 1 3 4 3 5 6
      Match O W H H H W A/S
      Various Artist 0.5 2 3 3 4 4
      WOM 1 4 3 3 4 3
      Match P H H W W H A/S
      nmrfox 2 3 3 2 4 3
      ad hoc 1.5 3 3 4 3 3
      Match Q H W W H W RoW 1 UP
      Hot Orange 0 3 4 3 4 6
      caja-dglh 1 3 3 4 4 4
      Match R W W H H H GB 2 UP
      Sean of the Shed 2 2 3 3 4 3
      Rogin the Armchair fan 1.5 3 4 3 4 3
      Match S W W H W W RoW 2 UP
      Harbinger of Hope 1 4 5 3 4 4
      lambers 1 3 3 3 3 6
      Match T W W W W W GB 3 UP
      ale 1 3 6 4 3 3
      Discordant Resonance 0.5 4 3 5 5 4
      Match U H H W H H RoW 1 UP
      Simon G 1 3 4 4 5 4
      Sporting 0 3 4 3 5 4
      Match V W W W W W RoW 1 UP
      Auntie Beryl 1 4 4 2 4 4
      San Bernardhinault 0 3 3 3 5 3
      Match W W H W H W GB 1 UP
      Artificial Hipster 1.5 3 5 3 4 3
      Balderdasha 1.5 2 5 4 4 4
      Match X H W W W W A/S
      David Agnew 1 4 4 3 6 5
      Sits 1 4 5 4 3 3
      Day 23 stroke average: 3.83
      Last edited by irony towers; 01-12-2022, 00:28.

Comment

David Agnew as we enter the pointy end of things I fear my par 4 is not likely to pass muster.

Comment

Reality Checkpoint It's not a great score, but at least I'm playing with the dignity of someone who remembered to put his trousers on before taking to the course today. I got a 4.

Comment

Sean of the Shed a par 4 for me today leaves you the chance to go dormice 3.

Comment

Desperate to pull something back against Logan Mountstuart I took some wild swings to card a 6

Comment

After two days in a row with what felt like very lucky birdies, today I ended up with a beautifully-crafted well-deserved birdie

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                  Sean of the Shed a par 4 for me today leaves you the chance to go dormice 3.
                  Couldn't quite take advantage, just a par 4 for me as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                    David Agnew as we enter the pointy end of things I fear my par 4 is not likely to pass muster.
                    It does. Six.

Comment

Lengthier walk for par 4 this morning Discordant Resonance

Comment

A bogey 5 for me this morning Sporting

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                          After two days in a row with what felt like very lucky birdies, today I ended up with a beautifully-crafted well-deserved birdie
                          Enough to take the hole and the lead as my par 4 simply wasn't good enough Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by ale View Post
                            Lengthier walk for par 4 this morning Discordant Resonance
                            Also a 4.

Comment

4 today Balderdasha as the tension mounts.

Comment

Harbinger of Hope, I managed to shrug off yesterday's disappointing double bogey, with a par four that seems even more par than usual today, based on reports so far.

Comment

Ahoy San Bernardhinault, I'm behind the 8-ball with three holes to play and today's bogey 5 is not likely to help. Or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                                    Desperate to pull something back against Logan Mountstuart I took some wild swings to card a 6
                                    I'm sorry to make you wait so long, Pebble. Hopeless first 3 lines this morning and would have been late for work. Finally got time to finish with a drawn out 4 in Nijmegen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                      Reality Checkpoint It's not a great score, but at least I'm playing with the dignity of someone who remembered to put his trousers on before taking to the course today. I got a 4.
                                      Sorry to break the news, but after hitching up my old man trousers to regulation nipple level I managed a birdie 3.

Comment

Various Artist, I'm joining the shite score brigade with my 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Auntie Beryl View Post
                                          Ahoy San Bernardhinault, I'm behind the 8-ball with three holes to play and today's bogey 5 is not likely to help. Or is it?
                                          I am pleasantly surprised you didn't bring us back level here as I took 4 putts, each I was sure was in, to also hit a 5, Antibes Errol

Comment

Originally posted by lambers View Post
                                            Harbinger of Hope, I managed to shrug off yesterday's disappointing double bogey, with a par four that seems even more par than usual today, based on reports so far.
                                            I'd say so. Got a 5.

Comment

caja-dglh It's a 4 for me today.

Comment

Today's reminder roll-call is lengthier than usual, perhaps because Sporting (5 to beat) seeks to trump yesterday's scoreless post with a postless score, and Various Artist (5 to beat) may be accompanying a very confused rally driver through the Scots pines.

Giving due care to their shot selection are caja-dglh and Balderdasha, both with 4 to beat.

Comment

I was sure I had posted. A 4 for me.

Comment

I ended up with a par shot where one option was purile enough that I went the other way. It went in for par.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X