No announcement yet.

OTF Wordle matchplay tournament 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harbinger of Hope nice to cross golf clubs for the first time. This is absolutely no pointer to the rest of our game, but I have begun with a ridiculous 2.

Comment

After a long string of birdies, I assumed that today, back in competition, would be different. And I was correct - but not in the pessimistic way I thought. Opened our game with a 2, pebble

Comment

Sam a 3 to begin.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
          Sam a 3 to begin.
          You're into an early lead, then. I should have had it in 3, but saw the wrong word first and ended up carding a 4 instead.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
            After a long string of birdies, I assumed that today, back in competition, would be different. And I was correct - but not in the pessimistic way I thought. Opened our game with a 2, pebble
            Blimey - I'm playing with the big boys now! A lovely birdie 3 counts for nothing then

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
              Prepare for a crushing defeat Guy Profumo. Could be yours, but most likely mine, you never know. Let's leave it loose for now...
              That's a birdie three then

Comment

Back to the clubhouse with a birdie 3 Logan Mountstuart

Comment

A very slow start for me this morning Rogin the Armchair fan - a 5 on hole one.

Comment

Opening with a birdie 3 nmrfox

jurassic-world-dominion-baby-blue.jpg

Comment

Good morning and good luck, ale. Must have been reassuring to watch from the clubhouse as I faffed around with my putter for a 5.

Comment

Morning, Artificial Hipster. Looking forward to the game. I start with a 3.

Comment

Bracing myself after an opening 3 caja-dglh, seeing as you tend not to do things by halves.

Comment

Good morning Balderdasha, a three from me. If past performance can be used as a guide, this is as good as it's going to get for me.

Comment

Birdie 3 here too Sean of the Shed

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                A birdie 3 for me to open my account for the round, Auntie Beryl.
                                *drags golf bag to first tee in haste*

Sorry I'm late! Today's score is brought to you by Belinda Carlisle: Live Your Life Be 3. A half to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

That's a birdie three then
                                  And we're tied after one.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                                    A very slow start for me this morning Rogin the Armchair fan - a 5 on hole one.
                                    Simon G I accidentally put harissa on my omelette this morning instead of ketchup and it's perked me up, I'm off with a birdie 3.

Comment

4 Sits

Comment

Originally posted by Gregario View Post
                                        Good morning Balderdasha, a three from me. If past performance can be used as a guide, this is as good as it's going to get for me.
                                        Good morning to you too. It's a 4 from me as well.

Comment

And it's a 3 by me, San Bernardhinault.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
                                            And it's a 3 by me, San Bernardhinault.
                                            And I also started us off with a 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                                              Morning, Artificial Hipster. Looking forward to the game. I start with a 3.
                                              Afternoon, 3 here also.

Comment

Originally posted by irony towers View Post
                                                Bracing myself after an opening 3 caja-dglh, seeing as you tend not to do things by halves.
                                                Also a three.

Comment

All eyes turn to David Agnew for the big reveal in El Spoonico (4 to beat) that will round off the action at the first hole.

Comment

Day 29 update:

Even with the extended break between Rounds 2 and 3, we've made it to this point in quicker time than in WMT1. My thanks go to all players for your consistent engagement and presenting so few snags to resolve.

Most players found the conditions on the opening hole uncharacteristically balmy, with the standout scores coming from ad hoc and Sits, the latter with only the second hole win in an eight-hole streak of 5 under par.

In the 2000s the per capita consumption of margarine was found to have a 99.26% correlation with the divorce rate in the state of Maine. Rogin the Armchair fan is now undergoing a controlled experiment to ascertain the link between Wordle skills and consumption of condiments.

Eagles and birdies everywhere you look: we've, like, totally got this game licked, haven't we?

Round 4 scoreboard:
                                                    Grade Pts 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Match
                                                    nmrfox 224 3 3 A/S
                                                    Sean of the Shed 223 2.5 3
                                                    ad hoc 211 2.5 2 1 UP
                                                    pebblethefish 210 2.5 3
                                                    Hot Orange 208 2 3 A/S
                                                    Artificial Hipster 203 2 3
                                                    Rogin the Armchair fan 206 2 3 1 UP
                                                    Simon G 201 2 5
                                                    Auntie Beryl 205 2 3 A/S
                                                    Various Artist 197 2 3
                                                    ale 204 2 3 1 UP
                                                    Logan Mountstuart 191 2 5
                                                    Harbinger of Hope 203 2 4
                                                    Sits 193 1.5 2 1 UP
                                                    irony towers 200 1.5 3 A/S
                                                    caja-dglh 203 1 3
                                                    Sporting 200 1 3 1 UP
                                                    Sam 198 1 4
                                                    San Bernardhinault 188 1 3 A/S
                                                    Discordant Resonance 188 1 3
                                                    WOM 196 1 3 A/S
                                                    Guy Profumo 188 1 3
                                                    Balderdasha 199 0.5 4
                                                    Gregario 191 0 3 1 UP
                                                    David Agnew 191 0 3 1 UP
                                                    Uncle Ethan 191 0 4
                                                    Day 29 stroke average: 3.23
                                                    Last edited by irony towers; 07-10-2022, 08:21.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X