No announcement yet.

OTF Wordle matchplay tournament 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auntie Beryl I have returned back to by drearily mundane streak with a 4 to counteract the excitement of yesterday's birdie

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
      Par 4 today, Hot Orange
      I was pleased with all my guesses today, but I didn't find the right word until shot 5. So that's that. Congratulations on the victory - it was a proper thrashing.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
        So you're 1 up after 5, WOM. Today a very long - winded 4.
        An even longer-winded 5 brings us even again.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
          Auntie Beryl I have returned back to by drearily mundane streak with a 4 to counteract the excitement of yesterday's birdie
          Something must have jammed the mechanism. A 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post

I was pleased with all my guesses today, but I didn't find the right word until shot 5. So that's that. Congratulations on the victory - it was a proper thrashing.
            Thanks for the game, and best of luck for the next round.

Comment

I don't think Sporting has posted yet, despite me getting repeatedly waylaid between the course and the press room here, so I think I'm still the one to throw down the gauntlet for the day with another birdie 3.

Comment

I forgot to post before, maybe ashamed by my miserable 5.

Comment

A 5 for me today Harbinger of Hope

Comment

We have yet to hear from Harbinger of Hope and caja-dglh on the sixth hole. Both have a 5 to beat.

EDIT: Because their matches may be nearing a critical moment, I'll do the round-up in the morning when I hope the position will be clearer.
                    Last edited by irony towers; 01-10-2022, 23:11.

Comment

I hope it's not too soon to post a score for #470? A par 4 for me keeps things ticking over for now, Sporting.

Comment

Yes, it's fine to carry on playing in all matches that are still out on the course.

Comment

A good chance to move ahead again, WOM. A meagre 5 on the 7th. First time I've bogied in the match.

Comment

A forgiving six for Levin

Comment

A rare chance to tee off first seems to agree with me, as I hole out in 3 Sits

Comment

nmrfox I don't know what Tunisian sea-god is helping me out but I've eagled again today - in fact I have now only had eagles since setting foot in Africa, after only having had 8 in 268 attempts before ...

Comment

Originally posted by irony towers View Post
                                  We have yet to hear from Harbinger of Hope and caja-dglh on the sixth hole. Both have a 5 to beat.

EDIT: Because their matches may be nearing a critical moment, I'll do the round-up in the morning when I hope the position will be clearer.
                                  We're still waiting for Uncle Ethan's hole six / Saturday score as well, unless mine eyes doth deceive me (I've checked for it twice since my previous post and can't see it). He has 4 to beat there.

He also has 4 to beat on Sunday's hole seven, because that's what I've scored again.

Comment

Oh hang on, was 3 UE's hole six score? That totally threw me due to the time difference. So I lost hole six to him and have set a 4 to beat for hole seven. Bollocks.

Comment

I got another 3. Not that it matters, I'm just loathe to not keep recording this ridiculous run of form

Comment

Rogin the Armchair fan and there was me feeling happy with my birdie 3! Good arrows Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                                          A rare chance to tee off first seems to agree with me, as I hole out in 3 Sits
                                          Aargh, the pitter patter of tiny dormouse feet are approaching as I managed a lacklustre 4.

Comment

3 for me this morning Simon G

Comment

I also snagged a 3 this morning Artificial Hipster

Comment

The birdie train is still in... flight? It's not off the rails either way. A 3 San Bernardhinault.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                                                  A good chance to move ahead again, WOM. A meagre 5 on the 7th. First time I've bogied in the match.
                                                  A good chance squandered for me; a 5 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Auntie Beryl View Post
                                                    The birdie train is still in... flight? It's not off the rails either way. A 3 San Bernardhinault.
                                                    A rail in flight:

Comment

Working...
                                                    X