• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Scilly?

Comment

A little way up the road we find some photos which are technically Streetview, including the photographer, who has included the top of his head and his shortened bike. This guy could even lure Various Artist back.

Comment

Sadly his camera wasn’t terribly level.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
                Scilly?
                Yes, found the guy!

Comment

Wonky green house:
                  https://goo.gl/maps/5iHoVNjQDbtw5vvC8

Still don't know where the initial spot is, though.

Comment

Here we go:
                    https://goo.gl/maps/3cvrygEDdRpLha5L9

Comment

Nice work Staph. I should have gone to St. Mary’s rather than Tresco as the Streetview is better. Didn’t slow you much anyway.

Comment

OK, here's another. There's a pretty amusing bit of Google face-blurring going on in this area.

Comment

So if I knew how to describe those bins I'd be searching. Fluted? Louvred? Slatted? Hmmm, slatted.

Comment

We're pretty much in the same place, horizontally.

Comment

I can't even begin to imagine what "first student" means on the side of a school bus

Comment

Almost certainly the name of the private company that owns and operates the bus.

Comment

https://firststudentinc.com/contact/

I associate viaducts of that style with LA, though they exist in other places.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                    Almost certainly the name of the private company that owns and operates the bus.
                                    Aha. Makes sense

Comment

What's the sign that says (something) Zero?

Comment

Comment

Moving forwards a bit from view 3, looking left and right:

Comment

Blimey, we're not doing very well at this one are we. I've sort of convinced myself that the city skyline is Seattle although I have no idea why

Comment

I had assumed this was solved days ago

Comment

It is hard to photograph the Seattle skyline without getting the Space Needle

Comment

Ah yes that's a fair point! Seattle is one of the only places in the US I've actually been to (about a million years ago and all) so I suspect it's no more than my mind reaching for any place I'm vaguely familiar with that looks a bit like this

Comment

I'm still leaning California, though the skyline is a bit befuddling

Here is an example of a similar structure in LA

Last edited by ursus arctos; 31-01-2023, 15:34.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X