No announcement yet.

"Where am I?" Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonus: have this nice Wikipedia infographic of various bridges' size and profile that I found earlier (click to make it interactive)

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
      As I remember it when you drive over it you can't really see very much going on at the sides so it's not as terrifying as it would otherwise be (it just feels like you're on a bog standard motorway bridge with a hint of a view.) They should have made it a glass bridge for a laugh
      God, I was looking at some of those glass bridges in China earlier today. Utterly terrifying.

Comment

Wow, what a spot that is directly under the bridge!

And I love that interactive infographic. The inclusion of the Airbus and Titanic for scale emphasise the remarkable size of the viaduct – the fact that you could fly a plane under some or most of these bridges is one thing, but at the Millau Viaduct you could quite happily park the entire ship under any of its spans, either lengthwise or vertically, with room to spare...

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
          (by the way someone else should go)

​​​​​​
          Ah go on then. These are just around the corner from one another:

Comment

Comment

Yellow zebra crossings could be Switzerland. Very funky set of office blocks, this. Is it CERN?

Comment

Comment

Haha bloody hell. Sorry about that Sits

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                    Haha bloody hell. Sorry about that Sits
                    Not at all, I was cheeky ducking in anyway. The only other novelty was that the first two pics are in different countries.

Comment

Ooh, so they are. I should have done a jdsx and gone "found it but I'm not telling youse lot" to give others a chance to play as it's a good one, I didn't expect the first thing that popped into my head to be correct though!
                      Last edited by Fussbudget; 11-10-2022, 11:40.

Comment

Let's see how this one goes

Comment

Going well then

Comment

I presume we should be concentrating on the statue? Someone with a funny hat?

Comment

I didn't know that you shared WOM's Zillow Habit

Comment

Is it a statue?

It looks to me like Buster Keaton

Comment

No way is that house big enough for WOM

Comment

He's always looking for new "sheds"

Comment

Being able to read that sign would be helpful.

I can't tell if it is a site of historical or cultural significance or a place having a yard sale.

Comment

Right everyone, say cheese

Comment

.There appears to be someone taking a photo of the bit on the left (view 2), so probably not a yard sale. Looks like maybe another statue over there, also (and I didn't spot that the first one was until jdsx pointed it out).

edit: in light of view 3, I'm thinking not another statue.

Comment

I can't even be sure which continent we're on, here. Lots of it looks British - the collapsing roof and sad looking trees. But bits look a bit American, too - the brick gutter, the fact that everyone is wearing trainers and clothes which aren't grey or black.

The big buildings (I think they're big buildings) in the back of the third pic suggest a decent sized city. So, something bigger than a village, somewhere in either Europe or North America. Narrows it down nicely, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
                                              .There appears to be someone taking a photo of the bit on the left (view 2), so probably not a yard sale. Looks like maybe another statue over there, also (and I didn't spot that the first one was until jdsx pointed it out).

edit: in light of view 3, I'm thinking not another statue.
                                              No you're right there's no other statue. I know what you mean about picture 2 though and I've been trying to work out what that lighter shape next to the bloke in dark is, I think it's a kid in a costume but it does look weird from that angle. It's definitely a person though.

Comment

It's very much a historical birthplace or home I think. Somewhere that was maybe not in the centre of a city originally but the person or event was important enough that there is a park around it and it's been protected until now. The combination brick and stone is interesting I feel, but doesn't tell me anything.

I'm getting Canadian vibes but I've no idea why. The park lamp looks distinctive but I conical is not only a description of a lamp shape but also the light it throws.

Comment

A few steps closer to those big buildings, which might test some assumptions and confirm others:

I'm astonished by how many tourists are visiting that place judging by those pictures by the way. I'm not sure I'd make the detour if it was at the end of our road

Comment

Alright, who is the glyphics person?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X