No announcement yet.

"Where am I?" Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha! Warsaw it is. I saw there was an area called Ursus and thought it looked a good bet

Comment

And Staph's new picture must be Ursus station!

Someone else go next please unless you want more depressing Co Durham stuff

Comment

It is indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
          Ha! Warsaw it is. I saw there was an area called Ursus and thought it looked a good bet
          Heh I noticed that as I was wandering around earlier! Should have zoomed in a bit closer!

Comment

I spent ages roaming around Warsaw looking for roundabouts but then I had to get up and get the kids dressed for "Hello Yellow" day.

Comment

That sounds like it belongs on the thread where people recount their dreams.

Comment

Gluttons for punishment eh? Fine, have this one

Comment

I feel cheated. That's not depressing County Durham stuff

Comment

I can't tell if that thing on the left is a weird extension of the railway pylon thing or some massive great tower on the hillside behind.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                      I feel cheated. That's not depressing County Durham stuff
                      Or is it?? (No.)

Comment

Well they're driving on the right. I suppose it could be people testing their eyesight on their way to Barnard Castle

Comment

I can't tell if that thing on the left is a weird extension of the railway pylon thing or some massive great tower on the hillside behind.
                          It looks like a massive tower - the trees appear to be in front of it on the left. But I could be wrong.

Comment

There is a Durham County in North Carolina, though the number plates do not look to be North American.

The "tower" has to be some kind of weird artifact of the image capture process, though there is a retaining wall there.

I cannot decide if the rock formation on the right is natural or man made.

Comment

I can't wrap my head around what's going on with that tower thing - as I said, the trees on the left look like they're in front of part of it, but then the middle bit looks like it's in front of the trees and has basically no depth, the trees seem to just keep on going behind it.

Comment

The rock formation to me looks man made, having been cut back to allow the road to go through.

Comment

Here's the opposite direction just to say we did. I can't imagine that's going to give you a lot of extra information:

Comment

So instead you might want to see what's happening about 300 metres away (328.0839895 yards):

Comment

We have a geologist on the board?

Comment

So the thing on the left on picture 1 was one of the pylons on the bridge (Millau Viaduct?)

Comment

I think the first picture is here though I can't get the pylon to look the same
                                          D41
                                          https://maps.app.goo.gl/UPk31z7ARvYFhkWK8

Comment

Bravo, chapeau etc.

So the thing on the left on picture 1 was one of the pylons on the bridge (Millau Viaduct?)
                                            Yes, or more accurately it's a pylon in front of another pylon in front of (due to the distorted perspective) the actual span of the bridge, which explains the weird stuff SA noticed with the trees. If you look up from the position you linked it's actually quite dizzying

You found the exact point I screenshot by the way, if it looks different I assume it'll be because of the different crops on different devices

Comment

That's quite the bridge.

Comment

Same as Ad Hoc. It has to be on the D41 at the bottom of Millau, but I can't get exactly the shot at the top or bottom.

Comment

As I remember it when you drive over it you can't really see very much going on at the sides so it's not as terrifying as it would otherwise be (it just feels like you're on a bog standard motorway bridge with a hint of a view.) They should have made it a glass bridge for a laugh

Comment

(by the way someone else should go)

​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                                    X