No announcement yet.

"Where am I?" Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm tentatively starting with a mitteleuropean lake. And obviously not a main road, more of a driveway round something.

Comment

The road quality is more USian than European, and those floral displays are not unknown here

Comment

Other side

Comment

Is that a Jet Ski?

I think of them as being primarily North American

Comment

Ooh, we might need VA's encyclopaedic reference book of recycling bins on the left there

Comment

It seems USian to me, but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

Comment

Have some more. Same road, same direction as the first image and we've taken a couple of steps back

Comment

Everything about it looks USian to me apart from those street names which very decidedly do not.

Comment

I was thinking it might be Canadian rather than USian. Does anyone know what the black hexagon which we're not allowed to do signifies?

Comment

I'm thinking somewhere in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
                        I was thinking it might be Canadian rather than USian. Does anyone know what the black hexagon* which we're not allowed to do signifies?
                        Could be an octagon.... ;-)

Comment

Yeah...!
                          https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@45.50...7i16384!8i8192

Comment

Nice. No stopping for the octagon? No stop signs?

Comment

Good stuff! And I didn't even have to deploy one of those hilarious ARRÊT stop signs

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
                                Nice. No stopping for the octagon? No stop signs?
                                Oh yes they do have them! One of my favourite things, Québecois out-Frenching the French

I think the octagon is more like a double yellow line

Comment

Here's the even weirder New Brunswick version by the way

(Sorry, just went on a big stop sign adventure and then realised SA was probably talking about no stopping signs. Still)
                                  Last edited by Fussbudget; 08-10-2022, 15:23.

Comment

No problem as far as I'm concerned, an entertaining diversion.

Comment

Right, I fully expect someone to get this pretty quickly....:

Comment

My first thought was Khyber Pass. And on the Pakistani side the first town down, Landi Kotal has Streetview. And it looks so very right. I haven't quite found the spot yet, but I feel it must be here. If it's not there's a doppelganger.

Comment

Yep. Khyber Pass. You have to go a long way up the one road with Streetview in Landi Kotal to get to a point where there's enough slush on the road.

Comment

Well done, SB. I thought someone would figure it out. Strictly speaking, I believe this spot may even be north of the 'Khyber Pass' itself, but it was good enough for a streetview driver, so it's good enough for me. Was going to post a couple of interesting near-by photospheres, which I may do after 'tea' (/dinner/supper). Also had me going down a Mastermind rabbit-hole which I thought would take me to a Two Ronnies sketch but actually turns out to be Morecambe and Wise!

Comment

I was in fully Carry On mode rather than Two Ronnies/Morecambe and Wise. I'll use this as a reminder to everyone to read Dalrymple's Return of a King

Comment

Anyhoo

Comment

Last time I said something looked USian it turned out to be Canada.

Comment

I think I can help clarify whether it's Canada. Looking the other way:

Comment

Working...
                                                    X